Javelin
Javelin GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/5/16 7:25 p.m.

I'm looking for a very stupid and specific car (because GRMer) and the usual suspects (Auto Trader, CL, cars.com, Edmunds) are basically not showing any listings.

2008-2010 Mazda5 Touring trim with moonroof in WA or OR, blue or grey.

There are a few listed but most of them are Sport trim (no moonroof, no foglights) or Grand Touring (leather). The only real Touring is listed on a bizarro start-up service (see the Tred.com thread) and looks like it has 100K more miles on it than they list.

Any help would be massively appreciated!

bastomatic
bastomatic UltraDork
1/5/16 7:28 p.m.

Why 08+ and why touring? Just curious.

G_Body_Man
G_Body_Man Dork
1/5/16 7:31 p.m.

This is as close as I could find to what you're looking for.

Sine_Qua_Non
Sine_Qua_Non Dork
1/5/16 7:34 p.m.

This local to me and I could drive it to you.

It's a manual too!

http://greenville.craigslist.org/cto/5386574371.html

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
1/5/16 7:46 p.m.

I think you mean Datsun1500. He is no longer here.

JohnRW1621
JohnRW1621 MegaDork
1/5/16 7:57 p.m.

In reply to bastomatic:

'08+ gets you 5 speed auto trans vs earlier 4 speed auto.
Touring gets you sunroof and fogs but not leather.

My wife drives a '10 Sport (base model) with automatic.

ProDarwin
ProDarwin UberDork
1/5/16 8:04 p.m.
Sine_Qua_Non wrote: This local to me and I could drive it to you. It's a manual too! http://greenville.craigslist.org/cto/5386574371.html

Holy crap I need to sell the VUE and convince the wife this is what we need.

JohnRW1621
JohnRW1621 MegaDork
1/5/16 8:10 p.m.

I have a manual Vue and an automatic Mazda5 in my driveway.
They are very similar in size and function but the Vue is better at seating 5 people.

Mazda5 is more agile and is zippier.

calteg
calteg Dork
1/5/16 8:56 p.m.

Carmax has two, but both are on the East coast. Stock numbers:

The touring trim levels are rare, 90% of Mazda5s are "sports"

Javelin
1/5/16 9:14 p.m.
bastomatic wrote: Why 08+ and why touring? Just curious.

06-07 has a 4-speed automatic, 08-10 has a 5-speed automatic (plus other added features like rear HVAC vents, AUX input, rear cupholders, etc). Touring has 2 features that are absolute MUSTS for me, cloth and a moonroof. (Sport has no moonroof, Grand Touring has leather).

Javelin
1/5/16 9:15 p.m.
SVreX wrote: I think you mean Datsun1500. He is no longer here.

Where'd he go?

Javelin
1/5/16 9:16 p.m.
ProDarwin wrote:
Sine_Qua_Non wrote: This local to me and I could drive it to you. It's a manual too! http://greenville.craigslist.org/cto/5386574371.html

According to Mazda, that combo doesn't exist! Total unicorn!!!

Cotton
Cotton UberDork
1/5/16 9:35 p.m.
Javelin wrote:
Where'd he go?

There was a big mess and he got banned/erased, as in all his posts disappearing including the quoted ones, then several have left on their own after that it seems.

Sine_Qua_Non
Sine_Qua_Non Dork
1/6/16 2:28 p.m.
Javelin wrote:
ProDarwin wrote:
According to Mazda, that combo doesn't exist! Total unicorn!!!

Heard back from the seller about that. This is what he said.

"It's original. Technically the manual was not available in the Touring for the US market but it was for Canada. My understanding is that Mazda built some US market cars with manuals before they decided to eliminate it as a variant for the US. That's what makes this car a rare bird."

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
1/6/16 5:10 p.m.
Cotton wrote:
Javelin wrote:
Where'd he go?
There was a big mess and he got banned/erased, as in all his posts disappearing including the quoted ones, then several have left on their own after that it seems.

The details of "Why?" for that particular story probably vary depending on your viewpoint.

Javelin
1/7/16 11:49 p.m.

It's official, the Saturn is totalled. Their initial offer is $3800. I have over $7500 in it in the last 18 months, with receipts.

Thoughts?

mr2peak
mr2peak GRM+ Memberand Dork
1/8/16 2:25 a.m.

Yeah. Go get more. I got a lot more when my MR2 was t-boned, I sent them a stack of receipts and they gave me a lot more. Clean what's left of the car, take nice pics, and send them everything. You need to prove your car was better than 90% of the cars on the market and deserves a premium.

Also remember, you are entitled to dealer pricing, at least I am here in California.

tuna55
tuna55 MegaDork
1/8/16 7:10 a.m.
mr2peak wrote: Yeah. Go get more. I got a lot more when my MR2 was t-boned, I sent them a stack of receipts and they gave me a lot more. Clean what's left of the car, take nice pics, and send them everything. You need to prove your car was better than 90% of the cars on the market and deserves a premium. Also remember, you are entitled to dealer pricing, at least I am here in California.

Yes, do this. I doubled the offer they gave on Tunawife's Civic a bunch of years back doing this. I got managers at Advanced Auto and such to give me stacks of receipts and went at them.

ProDarwin
ProDarwin UberDork
1/8/16 7:21 a.m.
Javelin wrote: It's official, the Saturn is totalled. Their initial offer is $3800. I have over $7500 in it in the last 18 months, with receipts. Thoughts?

What happened?

Sell me suspension?

Javelin
1/8/16 9:15 a.m.

In reply to ProDarwin:

I rear ended a Chevrolet 2500 4x4 at 10 mph... right through his hitch. If the buyback is reasonable, of course I'll sell the suspension! You want the blower, too?

ProDarwin
ProDarwin UberDork
1/8/16 9:21 a.m.

I don't need a blower, but what blower are you talking about?

Javelin
1/8/16 11:38 a.m.

In reply to ProDarwin:

Cobalt SS/Saturn Ion Redline Eaton setup. Bolts right to the 2.2 Ecotec and you can get it tuned by GM.

ProDarwin
ProDarwin UberDork
1/8/16 12:10 p.m.

Hmm, interesting. I had no idea GM could tune that - I thought you needed HP tuners, which doesn't support the VUE.

Tempting, but I don't need it

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury MegaDork
1/8/16 12:19 p.m.

But wait, arent we supposed to hate GM? I thought thats what we do here?!?

Javelin
1/8/16 2:13 p.m.

In reply to ProDarwin:

GM sold them as over-the-counter kits back in the day, including dealership installation and warranty. I figure I'll buy mine back, rip out the drivetrain, bolt the blower setup to it, and sell that ready-to-go for a Midlana swap or something.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
K1DVHamHM8De3o9sNiuy90gkznK3bz3Riu7D3bMf9lzA7NAvWOrVZQe0VgQhEVIT