1 2
Error404
Error404 Reader
8/13/20 8:33 p.m.
z31maniac said:
Error404 said:

I would love to go pick out a nice, fun new manual but 1) I can't think of anything brand new that I really want and 2) I'm a millenial so a new car is the punchline to a bad joke about alcoholism

Miata, Mustang, Camaro, STi, BRZ, Corvette, Golf GTI/R, lots of BMWs, Veloster N, Mazda 3. I'm sure there are more, none of those interest you?

I'm a heathen so not interested in a miata. Mustang is bloated and half blind. Camaro is worse with ugly taillights. I'm weird about door numbers, I like my fun cars to have the proper # of two, and the veloster just looks weird in person. Also, the hatch is weirdly shaped so when it comes to hatch-y stuff my GTI is better

I never said I was reasonable laugh

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
8/13/20 8:55 p.m.

In reply to Error404 :

Ha! No point in being reasonable when it comes to fun cars.

Error404
Error404 Reader
8/13/20 10:06 p.m.
z31maniac said:

In reply to Error404 :

Ha! No point in being reasonable when it comes to fun cars.

Ehhh I know that cars aren't designed for my tastes or GTIs would still have 2 doors and Mustangs wouldn't be sized like a family saloon. I'm hopeful that pendulum swings back my way. In the meantime, I have some fun cars in the driveway. If I had to buy new, tho, a Veloster Rally would be near the top. I'd just have to squint anytime I looked at the car. 

barefootskater
barefootskater UltraDork
8/13/20 10:17 p.m.

In reply to Nofive_0 :

Only new car I ever bought was manual. Current daily is. Current project is a manual conversion. Next project is manual. I'm trying. 

docwyte
docwyte UberDork
8/14/20 9:16 a.m.

In reply to z31maniac :

Add most the sporty Porsches to your list, the Civic Type R (even tho its fugly!), etc.  Unfortunately the BMW's that still have 6MT's are only the lower level M cars, like the M2/3/4.  I don't think you can get a "regular" 3 series with a 6MT anymore.  You used to be able to get all sorts of Audi's in 6MT, A4/S4/RS4 but those are all auto-tragics now.

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
8/14/20 9:25 a.m.
docwyte said:

In reply to z31maniac :

Add most the sporty Porsches to your list, the Civic Type R (even tho its fugly!), etc.  Unfortunately the BMW's that still have 6MT's are only the lower level M cars, like the M2/3/4.  I don't think you can get a "regular" 3 series with a 6MT anymore.  You used to be able to get all sorts of Audi's in 6MT, A4/S4/RS4 but those are all auto-tragics now.

Good call, forgot about the Civic Type R (and Si if you don't want to spend as much). I knew Audi/Merc didn't offer any manuals anymore and haven't for awhile. 

I've purchased 3 new manuals in the last decade. '10 MazdaSpeed3, '13 Mustang GT Track Pack, '15 BRZ. I plan on buying a new manual next year assuming the BRZ or STi replacements are sufficiently awesome.

docwyte
docwyte UberDork
8/14/20 4:33 p.m.

In reply to z31maniac :

I wish the STi still came as an optional hatchback.  That would've been high on my list of contenders with the Golf R. 

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
DtmHuqYT2dxJ6aTvM9AY9rDVnTea1l7876xpn0dthiF56iKr16bBJQjw5yT5GnzD