1 2 3 4
MrChaos
MrChaos GRM+ Memberand Dork
9/10/19 5:40 a.m.
sleepyhead the buffalo said:

In reply to John Welsh :

Apparently there might be two MCM-affiliated cars this year.  One the Cressida, the other a Barra-engined Mustang.

edit:
looks like it's a black one, with a tall hood bulge, SC plates, and an aussie flag on the front fender.  I think Al/TurboYoda built it, or is driving it?  (skid factory had a background video on it last week, detailing their Aus-based pre-fab for the swap)

There are 3 barra powered cars on drag week this year. The MCM Cressida, The Skid Factory Fox Body stang and another stang that is running the same kit as the Skid Factory Fox Body.

sleepyhead the buffalo
sleepyhead the buffalo GRM+ Memberand Mod Squad
9/10/19 6:48 a.m.
John Welsh said:

In reply to Appleseed :

Strange. When I wrote that the video above was a 4 hr video.  Now it is a 6 hr video and I can not find them either.

Edit:  Now look at exactly the 3 hr mark.  It is Jeep XJ, then Orange 5th Gen Camaro then Calvin in white Fairmont wagon

It takes a while for YouTube to convert a "livestream" video into a "save youtube video"... so the length with adjust while it goes through the transcoding process

sleepyhead the buffalo
9/10/19 7:33 a.m.

day 2 livestream is live...

dropstep
dropstep UltraDork
9/10/19 7:41 a.m.

Just finished watchinng the day 1 replay and the actual 347 Ford powered Fairmont made me feel warm and fuzzy. 

sleepyhead the buffalo
9/10/19 8:45 a.m.

Has anyone found the times collected from yesterday?  Or are they not published for public consumption?

gumby
gumby GRM+ Memberand Reader
9/10/19 4:07 p.m.
Patrick
Patrick GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/10/19 9:26 p.m.
gumby said:

https://st.hotrod.com/uploads/sites/21/2019/09/Monday-Results.pdf?fbclid=IwAR1TtGBEVkorKWA-LPR1tzmSC6MvtAf3Un0Qi29FXw8s0R5RpLdL4aOFnrM

My takeaway from this is build another gasser for drag week(or get them to add a Wartburg to the non American cars allowed list)

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/11/19 12:20 a.m.

I buzzed through the whole Day 2 video but didn’t see the Fairmont wagon.  Did I miss it?

gumby
9/11/19 6:17 a.m.

https://st.hotrod.com/uploads/sites/21/2019/09/Tuesday_Results.pdf

AngryCorvair said:

I buzzed through the whole Day 2 video but didn’t see the Fairmont wagon.  Did I miss it?

No 2nd day time ☹️ 

sleepyhead the buffalo
9/11/19 6:29 a.m.
gumby said:

AngryCorvair said:

No 2nd day time ☹️ 

ah, man, I'm gutted for them... and that can't be easy for them either.

alfadriver
alfadriver MegaDork
9/11/19 7:05 a.m.
sleepyhead the buffalo said:
gumby said:

AngryCorvair said:

No 2nd day time ☹️ 

ah, man, I'm gutted for them... and that can't be easy for them either.

Dang.  Me, too.  This has been a very interesting project for a non-drag racer.  Especially the work done on the engine- or very knowledgeable lack thereof- which was fascinating.

sleepyhead the buffalo
9/11/19 7:07 a.m.

day 3 is live, aussies up early

2002maniac
2002maniac Dork
9/11/19 7:46 a.m.

What happened to the Nelson fairmont? crying

NickD
NickD PowerDork
9/11/19 7:52 a.m.

I was shocked to see the Opel Ascona blast a 6.43 on the first hit on day one. Too bad they immediately got their thunder stole by Tom Bailey with a 6.20 (and when 1320video interview Bailey, he seemed pretty nonchalant about the 6.20). I also hear that the green Nova running in Unlimited is powered by a twin turbo Jon Kaase Boss 429 engine!

DeadSkunk  (Warren)
DeadSkunk (Warren) PowerDork
9/11/19 8:29 a.m.

I believe the Nelsons had an engine making noises after day one and thought it better to stop and trailer the car home.

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
9/11/19 8:37 a.m.

In reply to DeadSkunk (Warren) :

Sad to hear.  However, the beauty of this event for them this year is I think they are never more than 2 hours away from their home.  

Here's to hoping they can get back

Paul_VR6
Paul_VR6 Dork
9/11/19 8:45 a.m.

Sorry to hear they didn't make it. I was trying to get to Cecil yesterday but the current "cold of death" running through the house prevented me from interacting with other humans. Did see a few of the competitors driving up Rt1 in PA later in the day. Have to say it was pretty cool to see them. 

Patrick
Patrick GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/11/19 11:19 a.m.

Damn.  

I’m hoping to be in a position with a car ready when it’s makes the loop around us through norwalk.  I’m guessing that will be 3-5 years out based on how it moves back and forth across the country.  I figure $3000 should buy a late 40’s early 50’s car solid enough to build without touching the body or framerails.

Daylan C
Daylan C UberDork
9/11/19 11:40 a.m.
NickD said:

I was shocked to see the Opel Ascona blast a 6.43 on the first hit on day one. Too bad they immediately got their thunder stole by Tom Bailey with a 6.20 (and when 1320video interview Bailey, he seemed pretty nonchalant about the 6.20). I also hear that the green Nova running in Unlimited is powered by a twin turbo Jon Kaase Boss 429 engine!

And sadly that Opel wrecked on day 2.

NickD
NickD PowerDork
9/11/19 12:27 p.m.
Daylan C said:
NickD said:

And sadly that Opel wrecked on day 2.

Yup, just saw that on 1320's recap. Damn.

Javelin
Javelin GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/11/19 1:23 p.m.

The twin engine Venture van is epic levels of trolling.

NickD
NickD PowerDork
9/11/19 3:49 p.m.

In reply to Javelin :

Yeah. I love how when 1320video first talked to him on Day 1 he said it just had a single 3400 with a turbo and was going to run 13s. Then out of the gate it runs a 12.00. Then they go and talk to him on Day 2 and say he's up against the old turbo Dodge Caravan and mention he has a 2-cylinder advantage and he smiles and goes "Uh, more than 2. Come around the back." The CheapoBoost door badges and tissue box gauge pod are brilliant

TheV8Kid
TheV8Kid HalfDork
9/11/19 8:49 p.m.

Yep. We heard a noise in the bottom end, and decided to pack it in and head home. It would be one thing if it was day 3 or 4.

We checked the stupid stuff. Rocker arm, converter bolt, broke valve spring, etc. It sounds exactly like a rod knock to me. These things don't just fix themselves. We were 1000 ft from the trailer when it happened, so we decided it would be best to just head home and come back to fight another day.

It was pretty disappointing, but we're not ones to sit around and cry about it. We'll be back in the future with better parts.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
9/11/19 10:39 p.m.

gumby
9/12/19 4:59 a.m.
1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
zE6rLi4QygTZhGNCduepBfimBSikVGZCxV4dtaGEIt4kUbPuuQ65H39VNVE40fJu