olpro
olpro Reader
8/1/15 7:59 p.m.

I saw one of these today at Cars&CoffeeCarlsbad. Looked good. https://www.sector111.com/cars/project-dragon/ http://www.drakancars.com/

ae86andkp61
ae86andkp61 GRM+ Memberand Reader
8/1/15 8:04 p.m.

Cool. Isn't that a badge-engineered Palatov from dpcars.net?

stuart in mn
stuart in mn PowerDork
8/1/15 8:29 p.m.

"Sector111 has partnered with Palatov Motorsport to develop a new mid-engined car."

mr2peak
mr2peak GRM+ Memberand Dork
8/1/15 9:15 p.m.

Profile reminds me of an X1/9

neon4891
neon4891 UltimaDork
8/1/15 9:22 p.m.

An interesting thing. Makes me think American(V8) atom with more slightly body. $100k turn key keeps me from looking too much closer.

T.J.
T.J. UltimaDork
8/2/15 6:08 a.m.

Wow. I've not heard of them before this thread. I think if you are going to start a small company making cars, it makes sense to go with something that costs $100k. You are not going to sell all that many and the high price keeps away people who can't afford it or are just tire kickers or want info on how to make your own in the garage.

I doubt I'll ever see one in person but I like them. Way above my price range for a toy though.

D2W
D2W Reader
8/3/15 2:41 p.m.

Only 80k as a roller. Looks cool, but way out of my budget.

RossD
RossD PowerDork
8/3/15 2:56 p.m.

They are selling ten of them in 2015, and nine of which are spoken for already.

Mantorpion
Mantorpion
3/5/23 2:14 a.m.

Forgive my sacrilegious grafting, is a Viper V10 engine swap possible, ideally with a clutched supercharger? If not, how about ITB's? If not, how about a supercharger for the LS3?

What are your thoughts on straight cut gears as well?

wspohn
wspohn SuperDork
3/5/23 12:18 p.m.

Yuppie toys are fun to look at but the thought of ending one's days under the bumper of an SUV full of kids when the driver reached behind her to yell at them/discipline them and she drove over you  has limited attraction.  Be a great track day car though.

The V8 has sales appeal but you can get the same power from a high tech turbo I4 and they are lighter (LS3 over 400 lbs, I4 around 100 lbs. less.  The difference in torque curve doesn't really matter in a lightweight car like that.

MiniDave
MiniDave Reader
3/5/23 6:42 p.m.

I watched Dennis build the first of  his cars - took him years to get it all sorted - he built them with either a Hyabusa, turbo'd or with a V-8 built out of two Hyabusas and 4 wheel drive. really interesting development process from a drawing on a napkin to the final racers. It all got real spendy in the end but I really liked the performance/lb ideas he had.....then he went into giant versions of a Ariel Atoms with a V-8 and I sorta lost interest......

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
qgqiROcHH4dhokejJxUlf4txKAtvCKzAQfr0gePnela2N3VQGCeR6bJuuUuw6rn4