1 2
Nitroracer
Nitroracer UltraDork
1/29/18 8:38 p.m.

This begs the question - are there rules on tires that can be sold in the US?  

nderwater
nderwater UltimaDork
1/29/18 9:39 p.m.
Nitroracer said:

This begs the question - are there rules on tires that can be sold in the US?  

“Black and round”

Hungary Bill
Hungary Bill GRM+ Memberand UberDork
1/30/18 12:05 a.m.

I have Radars on my Mercedes.  They were there when I bought it, and I'd replace them, but DANG do they have a lot of tread left!

Nathan JansenvanDoorn
Nathan JansenvanDoorn Dork
1/30/18 5:04 a.m.

My mechanic recommended a set of “Primewells” for my e39. I laughed, and said I was thinking of Michelin’s. He called me a tire snob, and convinced me to try them. 

Surprisingly, they’re great at what I need them to do. Cheap. Good traction for an all season type tire. Quiet. 

Shrug. More money left over to buy good rubber for the cars that need it. 

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/30/18 7:26 a.m.

I have Windforce Catchfors MTs on my Samurai. Got them on sponsorship. Great mud tires, not bad on the street for mud tires either.

44Dwarf
44Dwarf UltraDork
1/30/18 8:41 a.m.

The last three on the list are not that bad.  

Solar,  My Dad's convertible Concord came with a new set, Now granted he was 85 when he got the car but they never let him down but he did wear them out recently.  (He turned 90 in dec! smiley  )

Ironman,  (Hercules off brand I've had several hercules AT's on my troopers and my 65f100)I was very close to putting a set of 5 All country AT on my f350 but ended up with better deal with MasterCraft's (Cooper off brand)

Westlake  Anyone say Smokey burn outs?  Got a car with them on the rear once, wow they smoke like no others.

GhiaMonster
GhiaMonster Reader
1/30/18 9:12 a.m.

I walk by a truck every morning heading into work and the Jetzon Revenger name always grabs my attention.  We need more awesome tire names.

Tony Sestito
Tony Sestito PowerDork
1/30/18 10:11 a.m.

Ooh, ooh, an off-brand tire name thread!!!

Off-brand tire names are THE BEST. My favorites so far were the American Deluxe Classic LX whitewalls that came on a friend's '72 D100 pickup when he bought it years ago. So many superlatives!

Other favorites: 

-Linglong Crosswind 

-Doral (made by the off-brand cigarrette company?)

-Nexen Roadian (Roadians sound like an enemy from a 1980's arcade game)

-How about some Horace Headways? 

Another one I can't quite remember the name of came on my old Mercury Cougar back in the day. They were white letter, and were a Greek or Roman name and called "USA II" or something like that and had a little white picture of the USA on them. They were terrible, but so 'Merican!!!

irish44j
irish44j UltimaDork
1/30/18 10:57 p.m.

I think I may have found an all-time winner: the "Double Happiness" brand "Bassoon"

irish44j
irish44j UltimaDork
1/30/18 10:59 p.m.

Though, the advertising on this one makes me want it

coexist
coexist Reader
1/31/18 12:12 a.m.

I would do almost anything for Double Happiness.

And by the way, has Firestone ever made a good tire?

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
1/31/18 3:55 p.m.

In reply to coexist :

Wide ovals. 

snailmont5oh
snailmont5oh HalfDork
1/31/18 7:00 p.m.
dculberson said:
NickD said:

I think my favorite are Linglong tires, which sounds like a racial slur for an Asian person.

No, it's got to be a Ministry reference.

"So there was only one thing that I could do
Was ding a ding dang my dang a long ling long "

chigga chugga chchchchchchch

Holy. berkeley. 

I wasn't gonna watch that whole thing. 

I did. What the berkeley were those guys on?  Maybe Double Happiness? I want some. 

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
glXxqYczhh8UjaUdGGRZYfL7L4NumHEf8N9OnXEysDDHELMs5x8iC01Vc2nXcTba