1 2
Nugi
Nugi New Reader
2/8/18 9:08 a.m.

Rotas had some quality issues back in the 90s, and copied some lconic jdm wheels, so they still get a lot of hate online. They seem decent, put over 114k of hard miles on a set before I totaled the car. Not even a bend. While my favorite 90s vintage enkeis have been fixed twice. I think flow forming tech has come a long way, better than some older forged offerings.

As for caps, grab your caliper and measure in mm. Ebay, amazon, even Thingverse has you covered. Tons of designs for most sizes. Some may require 2 measurements for barrel and cap diameter.

I would avoid Mini wheels unless cheap, those things are boat anchors for the most part. So are some of the honda oems. The Si wheels are always inexplicably heavy. But fitment is bang on, and use oem nuts, so it is an easy button. 

I am still on nice 14"s, but always looking for some nice light 15x7 for mine. Its a rather in demand size where I live so the good ones go fast.

wlkelley3
wlkelley3 UltraDork
2/8/18 11:40 a.m.
red5_02 said:

I love my Konig Heliums

Hershey july 2010

Just popped for a set of these myself for my Miata. Moving from 14" to 15" this year. Haven't heard anything negative about these, those I know that had/have them like them. Bonus is they aren't expensive. Less than $500 for a new set of 4, including shipping. Replacing a set of 14" Koseii T1's that I bought used off a fellow Miata autocrosser a few years ago. And agree with the get the appropriate lug nuts for whatever wheels you go with. Makes a difference in safety.

Kylini
Kylini Dork
2/8/18 1:57 p.m.

Holy thread bump Batman!

Also, Konig Heliums are the E36 M3!!! Under $100 a wheel, silly light weight, and strong enough for RallyCross? Yes please!!

84FSP
84FSP SuperDork
2/8/18 2:03 p.m.

As folks said - there are a million good choices for us 4x100 folks to fit any budget.  If you are looking for aftermarket the link below gives a nice overview and they seem to have really nice prices.  Either way gives you a good idea on the cost/$ trade off of variety of sides and brands.

Good-win racing 4X100 wheels, weights, and decriptions

JBasham
JBasham HalfDork
2/8/18 5:00 p.m.

I have tracked the crud out of a couple different sets of the Tire Rack house brand wheels (TR Motorsport or something like that) and I am totally satisfied with the quality.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
L5ZNHxn5hjlIGiwnRkmCATpSBmO156KCJG4m3QtExpwGihKOUgWGchjJblqiFmj6