1 2
Ian F
Ian F SuperDork
7/26/11 9:10 p.m.
JamesMcD wrote: You guys aren't going to live forever. Don't end up like those 80 year old guys on oxygen with a yard full of cars you won't sell because "I'm gonna restore them someday..."

Normally, I would agree... but my car practically has one wheel in the crusher... it was originally bought to be parted out and I got... attached... after driving it a few times.

NOHOME
NOHOME Reader
7/27/11 7:17 a.m.
Ian F wrote:
JamesMcD wrote: You guys aren't going to live forever. Don't end up like those 80 year old guys on oxygen with a yard full of cars you won't sell because "I'm gonna restore them someday..."
Normally, I would agree... but my car practically has one wheel in the crusher... it was originally bought to be parted out and I got... attached... after driving it a few times.

I hear ya on this. The bugeye was so bad to start with that it took the first four years to get it to the point where it was worth crushing!

Next time I am just going to buld up from an oil stain...

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
7/27/11 8:13 a.m.
NOHOME wrote: I hear ya on this. The bugeye was so bad to start with that it took the first four years to get it to the point where it was worth crushing! Next time I am just going to buld up from an oil stain...

The really sad part is I totally agree with this kind of logic. I need to get out more.

NOHOME
NOHOME Reader
7/27/11 8:19 a.m.
dean1484 wrote:
NOHOME wrote: I hear ya on this. The bugeye was so bad to start with that it took the first four years to get it to the point where it was worth crushing! Next time I am just going to buld up from an oil stain...
The really sad part is I totally agree with this kind of logic. I need to get out more.

Is there group therapy for this...

Rusted_Busted_Spit
Rusted_Busted_Spit GRM+ Memberand Dork
7/27/11 8:34 a.m.

I tell myself that everytime I walk past it, then my wife or one of my three kids asks for something. I know its rally no excuse and I really am planning on getting into it this winter.

No really , honest.

NOHOME
NOHOME Reader
7/27/11 9:10 a.m.
Rusted_Busted_Spit wrote:
I tell myself that everytime I walk past it, then my wife or one of my three kids asks for something. I know its rally no excuse and I really am planning on getting into it this winter. No really , honest. If it is any inspiration, I have done this at a pace of 4hours a week over the 8 years. More a matter of getting started than it is finishing. Peter
Ian F
Ian F SuperDork
7/27/11 9:18 a.m.

My main issue is space and a lack of it. I have a garage, but it's currently occupied by my '72 GT6 that doesn't need restoration, so it's not going anywhere.

My plan in the next couple of years (pending twp approval) is to build a shop in my back yard which will give me a place to work on the Volvo.

dculberson
dculberson HalfDork
7/28/11 11:05 a.m.

That last sentence needs to go in the magazine. (Maybe with a spelling correction, though.)

Teh E36 M3
Teh E36 M3 HalfDork
7/28/11 3:32 p.m.
dculberson wrote:
That last sentence needs to go in the magazine. (Maybe with a spelling correction, though.)

Agreed, only because I know this pain.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
CbdLDPqCh26wDYq5Y0uD6CmGCsNWEFHaIrUdA4kAn6jSuJkA2tUc3hdpmdHk3QEz