1 2
docwyte
docwyte UberDork
1/9/20 5:50 p.m.

Went thru the BaT auctions for the last few years.  I threw out the low mileage high dollar cars and the unnaturally low dollar cars.  I included 92's as well, even tho they aren't as desirable as the later cars.

average auction price is within spitting range of the max I'll be paying for this one.

so price wise I think I'm doing ok

docwyte
docwyte UberDork
1/26/20 9:22 a.m.

PPI showed $1000 worth of work needing to be done, not including getting the rear wing motor working again.  I offered to split that 50/50 with the owner but we couldn't come to an agreeement on price.  So I passed.

Probably a good thing because my credit card bill for the holidays showed up a few days later.  Ugh.

Paul_VR6
Paul_VR6 Dork
1/27/20 8:20 a.m.

$1k is a lot and its a bit surprising the seller wouldn't budge. You did mention to him it was GREEN right?

I'm now looking exclusively for 92/early 93s so I can find a deal. 

docwyte
docwyte UberDork
1/27/20 8:49 a.m.

In reply to Paul_VR6 :

Well he thinks it's worth a lot more than it really is.  It rang BaT at $7500, average auction sale prices for all Corrado VR6's on BaT the last few years is $8300. That auction price of $7500 is a very accurate real word price evaluation for it.

Yes, his car is a clean 94, has a rebuilt motor and some very nice parts but at the same time it's been repainted, is *green* and has nearly 150k miles on it.  He's owned it for 15 years, has put tons of money into it and is emotionally invested in it, I get that.

We were at $9k before the PPI, I offered him $8300 for it with it needing at least$1500 of work.  I figured at that price, with me doing all the work I'd still be into it for at least $10k. Which is all the money and then some for it. 

If it were red/black/silver and had closer to 100k miles on it, then it'd sell for more, but its not.  Since this is a "want" for me and green is my least favorite color on these, I walked away.

Paul_VR6
Paul_VR6 Dork
1/27/20 8:55 a.m.

8300$ needing minor work is solid, he will be disappointed in the long run not taking that. 

docwyte
docwyte UberDork
1/27/20 8:58 a.m.

In reply to Paul_VR6 :

That's what I think too.  I'm curious to see whether he sells it for more or reaches out to me in a few months.  He was pretty snarky with me at the end tho, so I'd be surprised to hear from him again.

Mike924
Mike924 HalfDork
1/27/20 9:08 a.m.

DocWhyte:

I have two words for you. 

DO IT!!

That is all.  

docwyte
docwyte UberDork
1/27/20 9:44 a.m.

In reply to Mike924 :

If it was red/black/silver/purple I would.  I'm not willing to spend the $10k+ this car will cost me with the mileage and it being green.  Especially with the credit card bill I have to pay from the holidays...

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
8gfjYJ1uycgQ9gaRNAmjubooA5fYpfbXlLD9jlljMaDO8EbBRkOcUqbsujBIUlaC