captdownshift
captdownshift GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
7/28/15 10:52 a.m.

Traqgear boxer briefs

you'll never go back

Zomby Woof
Zomby Woof PowerDork
7/28/15 10:57 a.m.
Streetwiseguy wrote: I can't possibly be the only guy with this situation: Zinc ointment or Preparation H?

Neither. Vaseline.

Try it, you'll like it

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/28/15 11:00 a.m.

Uh, are we talking car racing or bicycle racing?

Maybe it's because I get swampass pretty quickly in any event (hopefully a cool suit will change that), but I don't have any kind of...friction problem down there.

wlkelley3
wlkelley3 SuperDork
7/28/15 11:09 a.m.

Depends on where you want to apply it.

bluej
bluej GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
7/28/15 11:22 a.m.

In reply to GameboyRMH:

Actually, OP might want to look into some chamois creams from biking for his needs. Might work well for that.

tuna55
tuna55 UltimaDork
7/28/15 12:38 p.m.

Baby powder worked for me, but it's legitimately hard to apply. The first Lemons race in SC was in July. I found out why my kids cried so bad when they get diaper rash.

tuna55
tuna55 UltimaDork
7/28/15 12:39 p.m.
Zomby Woof wrote:
Streetwiseguy wrote: I can't possibly be the only guy with this situation: Zinc ointment or Preparation H?
Neither. Vaseline. Try it, you'll like it

Dude, what? Just a second ago on another thread, I was all "ZW is the bestest!", not I click here, and I'm thinking that I ought to distance myself from you.

wbjones
wbjones MegaDork
7/28/15 1:36 p.m.
captdownshift wrote: Traqgear boxer briefs you'll never go back

at $99 I'd never be able to afford anything else

oh … and baby powder gets my vote

chuckles
chuckles HalfDork
7/28/15 1:46 p.m.

If it's a friction problem, there is a product for runners called Sportslick that is sort of a super Vaseline. Antibacterial, antifungal, it's thick and hard to get out of the tube when it's cold, but it is very durable and will not wear off even with hours of sweating.

Giant Purple Snorklewacker
Giant Purple Snorklewacker MegaDork
7/28/15 2:15 p.m.

Vaseline works for the issue you would use Prep H for.

UnderArmor heat gear compression shorts under your fire suit will help ventilate the swamp ass. It's technically a horrible idea to place synthetic fibers against your most tender of areas in case of fire... but I sweat enough that it's more likely I die from heat rash than emoliation so I consider it acceptable risk. It's no more dangerous than the cool suit tubing. Both are full of water :)

bluej
bluej GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
7/28/15 3:10 p.m.

if you want to be a champ..

http://www.dz-nuts.com/product/dznuts/

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy PowerDork
7/28/15 7:35 p.m.

I hadn't thought of bicycle stuff...

sevenracer
sevenracer Reader
7/28/15 7:46 p.m.

http://www.antimonkeybutt.com/

Zomby Woof
Zomby Woof PowerDork
7/28/15 8:28 p.m.

Where do you find Vaseline? In the diaper aisle. It's for diaper rash. You don't use Prep H for that, and it works WAY better than the zinc creams. It also works well as a preventative. I race 6hr hare scrambles in hot weather. I know it works. Just don't let your wife see you slather your ass with Vaseline when she knows you're going out with your buddies for the day

kevlarcorolla
kevlarcorolla HalfDork
7/29/15 5:32 a.m.

Not sure what I was expecting when I wandered in here but for sure not this.

kevlarcorolla
kevlarcorolla HalfDork
7/29/15 5:33 a.m.

Not sure what I was expecting when I wandered in here but for sure not this.

Graefin10
Graefin10 SuperDork
7/29/15 6:53 a.m.

Put a little Vicks Vaporub on that thing. You'll be cured forever and gain 0.2sec. at least.

volvoclearinghouse
volvoclearinghouse SuperDork
7/29/15 7:17 a.m.

Never used anything. Way to focussed on what's going on out there to be worried about what's going on down there.

captdownshift
captdownshift GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
7/29/15 8:03 a.m.

In reply to Giant Purple Snorklewacker:

Melted synthetic fiber that causes damage that requires a skin graft up against my man bits, NOPE.

tuna55
tuna55 UltimaDork
7/29/15 10:29 a.m.
volvoclearinghouse wrote: Never used anything. Way to focussed on what's going on out there to be worried about what's going on down there.

You didn't get what I got then.

I was fine in the car, during the drivers change, then I stripped off the Nomex and walked four feet or so before I started feeling it.

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/29/15 10:39 a.m.

Doing long offroad rallies never caused me any friction problems, but it hurts my bladder and prostate after a while. The lap belt holds a man in by those parts, I've realized.

rbankracing
rbankracing New Reader
7/29/15 6:02 p.m.

I am going to agree with captdownshift here as he is 100% on the mark. NO SYNTHETIC materials on your person while racing unless you like skin grafts. Under Armour might be great for a football player but has no place at the race track. I have found PXP RaceWear to be the coolest racing undergarments. YMMV. http://www.pxpracewear.com/Products.html

On the Coolshirt tubing -- it should be on the fireproof fabric too!

Type Q
Type Q Dork
7/29/15 6:29 p.m.

I guessing vaseline is flamable too.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
vYToUi4k1p0PcaEAtNTKExyNigizc443OGRXMlg7hCJAjklS5eos6TwPe0IMsNiD