1 2
Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/2/18 1:51 p.m.

That’s due tomorrow?  berkeley it, let the intern do it.

Brett_Murphy
Brett_Murphy GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
8/2/18 3:08 p.m.

They've obviously taken the whole "When you become an upmarket, lifestyle brand, the actual product means a whole lot less than the perceived lifestyle you're trying to sell." approach to marketing.  

The logical next step is to care much more about how the product is regarded as a status symbol in the market instead of the things that make it a good car. Yes, I'm looking at you, BMW. While you're figuring that out again, go back to naming your cars after their actual displacement, already.

edizzle89
edizzle89 Dork
8/2/18 3:24 p.m.

random question, when and where were these pictures taken? I was in California earlier this week and i saw a red ND miata passing me going the other direction on hwy 2 through the mountains shortly followed by 2 gray ND's and i think i saw atleast on other one parked at one of the pull offs, maybe a second one as well. The first picture sure does look it could be from hwy 2. I was out in the mountains on 7/30.

Tom Suddard
Tom Suddard GRM+ Memberand Digital Experience Director
8/2/18 3:28 p.m.

These would have been taken before those sightings–because those sightings were probably the press launch that David is on right now. They hand these photos out at the launch. 

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/2/18 3:29 p.m.

This the same photog that does all the CL ads?

No Time
No Time Dork
8/2/18 3:38 p.m.

Overheard at Mazda:

”I bet I can get photos taken by my dog posted on magazine websites”

”No way”

”Here, hold my beer”

dj06482
dj06482 GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
8/2/18 3:47 p.m.

Those pictures look like the ones I find in my phone after my kids have borrowed it.

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo GRM+ Memberand Mod Squad
8/2/18 4:02 p.m.

Every time I see a new Miata in the wild, I will subconsciously gauge it's proximity to the landscaping now. 

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy UltimaDork
8/2/18 6:16 p.m.

Reminds me of the old joke, What do they call the person who graduated last in his class at medical school?  Doctor...

Somebody graduated at the bottom of the photography class.

poopshovel again
poopshovel again MegaDork
8/2/18 6:26 p.m.

Photographer is probably the VP’s kid or something...oh wait....cheeky

miatafan
miatafan GRM+ Memberand New Reader
8/2/18 6:47 p.m.

In reply to Indy-Guy :

Looks like the same ones on my '16.

grover
grover GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
8/2/18 10:31 p.m.

This what happens when brands hire “influencers” to do their photography. 

Vigo
Vigo UltimaDork
8/2/18 10:36 p.m.

They probably just hired the same guy/gal that did the 2018 and since there was essentially nothing new to visually showcase he/she just took a little creative license after he decided against trying to resell them the pics from last year to see if they would notice. 

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
gJxJTQjYysUK1QiGY3mQEwz9u6qsqlkXgUXwFQv8UZuBmHI5Gj0hNZCeuE70wCWv