1 ... 13 14 15 16 17
Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson PowerDork
11/13/13 2:29 p.m.

If it's truly a medical necessity right now I have no issue with him doing it. But this is an injury he received over a decade ago. He's known for losing interest when things are going his way so my BS meter says it's Kimi phoning it in. My least favorite drive measured 28G's and the last race and is still turning up for work.

alfadriver
alfadriver PowerDork
11/13/13 2:35 p.m.
Adrian_Thompson wrote: If it's truly a medical necessity right now I have no issue with him doing it. But this is an injury he received over a decade ago. He's known for losing interest when things are going his way so my BS meter says it's Kimi phoning it in. My least favorite drive measured 28G's and the last race and is still turning up for work.

What's funny is that IMHO, Kimi has a great fan base thanks to his attitude.

And this kind of tells us that he doesn't care much about that. Which is prefectly fine, but it is kind of funny.

Rusnak_322
Rusnak_322 HalfDork
11/13/13 2:37 p.m.
Adrian_Thompson wrote:
z31maniac wrote:
Adrian_Thompson wrote: So with Kimi playing hooky this weekend it looks like Kovalainen is stepping in. http://en.espnf1.com/lotusf1/motorsport/story/134809.html Apparantly Hulkenburg turned down the offer which seems odd as Lotus are in a close battle for 3rd/4th in the constructors championship only 26 points behind the red purse gang. It will be nice to see Kovalainen get another shot in a fast car again, even if it's just for two races.
He doesn't want to race for free next year because he doesn't already have tens of millions in the bank like Kimi? Maybe he thinks their lack of resources will mean they won't be as competitive next year during a huge regulation change?
I don't see anything that says he's turned them down for next year, just for the last two races this year. I love Kimi, but I'm low on sympathy for him. I said it before I'll say it again, yes he should be / should have been paid, but if you a racer with millions already in the bank. Finish the season, do the best job you can for them then sue them into bankruptcy after the season if they still don't pay you. But for the sake of the team attracting the investment needed to pay you, don't berkeley them over this year.

Why would you sue a team with no money into bankruptcy? That is a self fulfilling prophecy - force them in court to pay the debt and then once they declare the team bankrupt, he can kiss goodbye any chance on getting his money from them.

I think that he used the bluff of missing races as a way to try to get them to pay, and once he figured out there was no water in that well he said screw it.

z31maniac
z31maniac UltimaDork
11/13/13 3:19 p.m.
Adrian_Thompson wrote: If it's truly a medical necessity right now I have no issue with him doing it. But this is an injury he received over a decade ago. He's known for losing interest when things are going his way so my BS meter says it's Kimi phoning it in. My least favorite drive measured 28G's and the last race and is still turning up for work.

The sensor was installed incorrectly and he saw nowhere near that actual number.

wbjones
wbjones PowerDork
11/13/13 7:31 p.m.
Javelin wrote: In reply to Adrian_Thompson: Oh good, I shall continue to root for a Lotus then!

even Schumacher said no to Lotus

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/schumacher-rejected-lotus-approach-000348843--f1.html

Adrian_Thompson
11/19/13 1:21 p.m.

Things are not looking good for the 2014 cars:

I was hoping for a more classic nose circa mid to late 80's, not the nipple on the end of a condom look http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/111262

steronz
steronz Reader
11/19/13 1:27 p.m.

Why, that car has dangly bits, it does.

Tom_Spangler
Tom_Spangler GRM+ Memberand Dork
11/19/13 1:35 p.m.

Javelin
Javelin GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/19/13 1:35 p.m.

I see potential for lots of sponsorship dollars from certain rubber companies on that one!!!

trigun7469
trigun7469 Reader
11/20/13 10:09 a.m.

F1 juice rumors yesterday said that Quantum fell through, Mald to Lotus, and Hulk back to Force India, and Di Resta to Indycar

Tom_Spangler
Tom_Spangler GRM+ Memberand Dork
11/20/13 10:11 a.m.
trigun7469 wrote: F1 juice rumors yesterday said that Quantum fell through, Mald to Lotus, and Hulk back to Force India, and Di Resta to Indycar

Di Resta going to take his cousin's seat at Ganassi?

trigun7469
trigun7469 Reader
11/20/13 2:41 p.m.
Tom_Spangler wrote:
trigun7469 wrote: F1 juice rumors yesterday said that Quantum fell through, Mald to Lotus, and Hulk back to Force India, and Di Resta to Indycar
Di Resta going to take his cousin's seat at Ganassi?

It's in consideration to him and Perez, I was actually hoping that Justin Wilson would get the seat. AS I said it is just the rumor mill and silly season.

alfadriver
alfadriver PowerDork
11/20/13 2:44 p.m.

We'll see about Maldonodo- there's a big scandal brewing in Venezuela, specifically about pay outs to sports people, and racing was a specific focus.

Adrian_Thompson
11/20/13 3:08 p.m.

I don't know weather I should be bummed or happy about Hulkenburg not getting the Renault seat. On one hand I really want to see him in a top car, and Lotus has been doing very well recently. On the other, they obviously have money issues so can they deliver the same next year. Maybe Force India isn't a bad step

In reply to Eric. I've been saying that. I don't think the money will come through for MAldonado.

wpcouch
wpcouch New Reader
11/24/13 10:11 a.m.

GP of Brazil. Lap 2, Vettel takes the lead. #raceover

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy UberDork
11/24/13 11:55 a.m.

Next year...Will Red Bull and Vettel come out hard? Will somebody from the back of the field accidentally get the new package right? Its going to be interesting all over the place. Many changes on many levels.

I'm leaning towards another Vettel championship. Its hard to imagine them not getting it all close to right with the depth of talent and bank account they have.

Spoolpigeon
Spoolpigeon SuperDork
11/24/13 1:23 p.m.

I sure hope someone can give RB a run for their money next year. It gets kinda old seeing the same team on top race after race. (No discredit to vettle or RB, they're doing what they're supposed to do)

grafmiata
grafmiata SuperDork
11/24/13 1:44 p.m.
Spoolpigeon wrote: I sure hope someone can give RB a run for their money next year. It gets kinda old seeing the same team on top race after race. (No discredit to vettle or RB, they're doing what they're supposed to do)

Agreed. Red Bull and Vettel have just been doing what needs to be done. I respect them for that.

But I'm really hoping that next season, someone else decides that they're tired of losing, and steps up.

It's F1, ferrchrissakes...

trigun7469
trigun7469 Reader
11/24/13 2:06 p.m.

It is almost hard to imagine RB not being dominate after the past 3-4 months.

Spoolpigeon
Spoolpigeon SuperDork
11/24/13 2:43 p.m.

In reply to trigun7469:

Next year involves totally new cars, so who knows how it's going to turn out.

Lancer007
Lancer007 Reader
11/24/13 3:40 p.m.

I really hope Maldonado never sees the inside of a race car after this season. What an undisciplined jackass.

trigun7469
trigun7469 Reader
11/24/13 6:59 p.m.
Spoolpigeon wrote: In reply to trigun7469: Next year involves totally new cars, so who knows how it's going to turn out.

Ferrari seem to make the transition from V10's to V8's welll. i think the 2006 season that different tire manufacturers made a difference.

Lancer007 wrote: I really hope Maldonado never sees the inside of a race car after this season. What an undisciplined jackass.

Tell that to the Argentinian government

oldsaw
oldsaw PowerDork
11/24/13 8:04 p.m.

In reply to trigun7469:

The Argentines don't give a flip about Maldonado. However, President Maduro and PDVSA might need all that money to fix their own problems.

Adrian_Thompson
11/25/13 6:56 a.m.

Venezuela guys, Argentina doesn't give a flying luck about PDVSA or Crashanado.

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/25/13 7:28 a.m.
Adrian_Thompson wrote: Things are not looking good for the 2014 cars:

Damn that car is HUNG!

Conference call coming in, Mr. Stepped Nose and Mr. Walrus Nose are asking if we miss them yet

So will we call this the Dick Nose?

1 ... 13 14 15 16 17

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
uezN5goyNJmFmESyf6FNZdWTbI9z8CrFTNiCqCZts8DdgVybClHIbQgwm7bAjBkm