It's "The Eccelstone"

paranoid_android74
paranoid_android74 HalfDork
11/28/13 9:01 a.m.

That looks re-dick-ulous!

Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson PowerDork
11/28/13 3:02 p.m.

As much as I would love to call it the Eccle-drip or the Dick-elstone, the Technical regs are the one area of F1 that Bernie doesn't get to dip his wick. He absolutly hates the new turbo engines, he wants the howl of NA engines

wbjones
wbjones PowerDork
11/28/13 3:34 p.m.

in that case I guess I'm more in favor of the new engines than I thought I was

aussiesmg
aussiesmg MegaDork
11/28/13 4:28 p.m.

I think I will call it a bird nose, as in, it is giving us all the ...

middle finger photo: Tweetie Middle Finger 41 41tweetieMiddlefinger_zpsf7fcc5ff.jpg

oldsaw
oldsaw PowerDork
11/28/13 7:40 p.m.

I'm not getting too worked-up over an artist's rendering. Besides, the limp-tool design made an appearance years ago and it's not (THAT) bad.

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/28/13 8:12 p.m.

The look and the sound of the cars is irrelevant to me - and don't get me started (again) on the idiocy involving the 2014 fuel delivery rules just to get a different sound. I want to see racing that doesn't involve dumb tire rules and video game DRS doodads. I also want to see all the energy recovery systems that are coming in next year, they're cool.

Which is probably why I enjoy Le Mans so much

Lancer007
Lancer007 Reader
11/29/13 12:24 p.m.

Its official. Maldonado has signed with Lotus.....theyre gonna need that PDVSA money for all the front wings and other damage he does to that car.

http://www.planetf1.com/news/3213/9048860/Lotus-Finally-Confirm-Maldonado-For-2014

trigun7469
trigun7469 Reader
11/29/13 1:49 p.m.
Lancer007 wrote: Its official. Maldonado has signed with Lotus.....theyre gonna need that PDVSA money for all the front wings and other damage he does to that car. http://www.planetf1.com/news/3213/9048860/Lotus-Finally-Confirm-Maldonado-For-2014

I saw they confirmed on other sites I am pretty disappointed

Javelin
Javelin GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/29/13 2:50 p.m.

Yeah I went from a huge Lotus fan to loathing their guts. Seriously. I mean come on, Grosjean and Maldonado? They're responsible for 127% of all 2013 F1 wrecks!

codrus
codrus GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
11/29/13 5:02 p.m.

So is Maldonado's money actually going to last all of next year?

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/29/13 6:45 p.m.

Posted by the Lotus F1 Team official facebook page today. Seriously.

Captioned "You never forget your first time".

Coldsnap
Coldsnap Reader
11/29/13 7:02 p.m.

Poor Grosjean, he's really proven himself the past few races.

stroker
stroker Dork
11/29/13 7:59 p.m.

So what open seats are there for next year, yet?

z31maniac
z31maniac UltimaDork
11/29/13 8:06 p.m.
Javelin wrote: Yeah I went from a huge Lotus fan to loathing their guts. Seriously. I mean come on, Grosjean and Maldonado? They're responsible for 127% of all 2013 F1 wrecks!

So, not being good at math is what we can add to your resume?

Spoolpigeon
Spoolpigeon SuperDork
11/29/13 8:22 p.m.
Coldsnap wrote: Poor Grosjean, he's really proven himself the past few races.

Indeed. I thought he was a tool at the beginning of the year, to having a few podium finishes. A HUGE turnaround IMO.

oldsaw
oldsaw PowerDork
11/29/13 9:36 p.m.

Grosjean showed a lot of maturation while maintaining speed; Maldonado regressed - if that's even possible. Lotus must still have some serious money woes if they felt compelled to sign Malcontentanado.

codrus
11/30/13 1:38 a.m.
oldsaw wrote: Grosjean showed a lot of maturation while maintaining speed; Maldonado regressed - if that's even possible. Lotus must still have some serious money woes if they felt compelled to sign Malcontentanado.

Maybe they'll get enough from him to pay off what they owe Kimi?

wbjones
wbjones PowerDork
11/30/13 7:29 a.m.

I doubt that Kimi will ever see any of that money

Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson PowerDork
11/30/13 7:36 a.m.
wbjones wrote: I doubt that Kimi will ever see any of that money

He will, or he'll sue them into banktrptcy

Change of subject. Nico Rosberg tweeted the other day that when he went to check into a hotel in Geneva they greeted him as 'Mr. HAmilton'. He said, 'No, I'm Mr. Rosberg, but we do look a lot alike so it's an easy mistake'

wbjones
wbjones PowerDork
11/30/13 7:48 a.m.

which would result in him still not getting his money and having to pay his lawyer … with what he's getting from Ferrari I doubt that he'll bother … or maybe just reach a settlement agreement with them out of court … cost each party less

codrus
11/30/13 10:19 a.m.
wbjones wrote: which would result in him still not getting his money and having to pay his lawyer … with what he's getting from Ferrari I doubt that he'll bother … or maybe just reach a settlement agreement with them out of court … cost each party less

If Lotus leaves an unpaid debt to a driver, they're going to have a lot more trouble attracting non-pay drivers in the future.

wbjones
wbjones PowerDork
11/30/13 1:26 p.m.

you're right … but in their situation right now, I don't think they need to worry about hiring non-paying drivers … they need the money that the Maldonado's of the world bring

z31maniac
z31maniac UltimaDork
11/30/13 1:30 p.m.
wbjones wrote: you're right … but in their situation right now, I don't think they need to worry about hiring non-paying drivers … they need the money that the Maldonado's of the world bring

I was really hoping his money would fall through so he wouldn't be in F1 anymore.

I really dislike that guy.

wbjones
wbjones PowerDork
11/30/13 1:42 p.m.

1 ... 14 15 16 17

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
XCl7EC9bjacMqtYeDNXXwvDhoxcvVtcGlztAyyeLub66tVN1NO73ESgLcbmB3mPp