Ransom (Forum Supporter)
Ransom (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
4/9/20 5:53 p.m.

Okay, this is a funny transition for me.

I've played mostly with older cars, '60s-'80s (with some '90s guts thrown in).

I'm now on my third bought-or-leased "new household appliance", but the '16 Mini is the first one we've kept long enough to run out of warranty (and thus the motivation to overpay for regular service in the name of immaculate documentation at the dealer).

I think there's a fair bit of stuff about newer cars that hasn't been new for years, but is new to me in terms of service procedures, number of coolant standards, etc... And when I went to get a Bentley manual for the F55/F56 Mini... Nothing! Is it all newtis.info lookups and internet searches now?

I couldn't believe it when even coolant only showed up in the owner's manual with "consult your dealer or an authorized service center to find out what kind of coolant you need."

Ransom (Forum Supporter)
Ransom (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
4/10/20 12:47 p.m.

Replying to myself to... let's face it... bump my silly little topic earlier in the day.

I found a search result at miniusa that referred to "owner and service manuals" on the page summary, but predictably was just the owner's manual ("This is a tire. If yours seems to have become less round than you expect, contact a qualified, certified, Mini-branded technician.")

If there really aren't any manuals, are there other sources of info I should be using besides newtis.info? Any Mini forums that have a useful ratio of tech info to selfies and Union Jack taillight conversions?

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
pTDUU0LJZbApJaRtJAQsIBRJINr8YrcqRaSLJA8XHAop9TToZO83pQ9b96qPzwYU