Reload New Reader
6/1/11 11:20 a.m.

Here's my final design.

• Reload

cayeya
cayeya New Reader
6/1/11 11:27 a.m.

Hi everyone,

Thanks a lot for all your comments! I really appreciate all your words!

Seriously, there are great designs here! Great skills...... I like a lot of them....like RodneyO's design for example, the right view is unique.

@ Freenrgy2, Thanks for posting my post at the 818 forum at Factory Five!

I will post some shots from others angles later today.

Tom Heath
Tom Heath Web Manager
6/1/11 3:06 p.m.

It's starting to wind down now...depending on where you are on the planet, the contest is closed. (I'm really only concerned with GMT-9, but you get the idea.)

I've got all the entries (so far at least) sorted and ready to go to the judges, so good luck to all of you.

Thanas_4
Thanas_4 New Reader
6/1/11 3:22 p.m.

thank you tom, good luck to everyone, please send us those confirmation messages so we know that you've got our entries

cayeya
cayeya New Reader
6/1/11 4:29 p.m.

Hi,

As many of you were wondering how looks the car from side and rear, here are some views for the 4 differents chassis styles.

It was a great to be part of the contest....Good luck to everyone!!!

Adrian.

Bluewinters21
Bluewinters21 New Reader
6/1/11 4:44 p.m.
freenrgy2 wrote: In reply to Bluewinters21: Nice work. One question: With this being a mid-engine design, why do so many designs look like they're hiding the engine up front? The elongated front end. The high hood lines. I think a mid-engine would actually create a reverse effect. The area behind the driver should be longer and the front and rear strike a somewhat equal or slightly forward position. Just my 2 cents.

Mid-engine design typically means that the heaviest components are nearer to the center of the vehicle.

There are; Front Mid-engine / Rear-wheel drive Front Mid-engine / Four-wheel drive Rear Mid-engine / Rear-wheel drive Rear Mid-engine / Four-wheel drive Etc...

When I heard that they were using a WRX as a donor, and making it only rear wheel drive, I was thinking of a Front Mid-engine / Rear-wheel drive car... That being said, after checking the design templates on the Factory Five website, I do believe that they intend to make a Rear Mid-engine / Rear-wheel drive car. I think that some other people made the same mistake that I did... I was kinda’ embarrassed about it after the fact, but oh well. There is always a next time!

Bluewinters21
Bluewinters21 New Reader
6/1/11 4:52 p.m.

Cayeya, Your design is awesome... The car needs the wing though. I like the hard top best. A targa top for that car would be great too! I think yours, RodneyO’s, and Krozn Designs are my favorite so far. Again... Awesome!

SW1
SW1
6/1/11 6:27 p.m.

Just wanted to say the enthusiasm on this forum for the 818 is very exciting and contagious both here and over on FFR’s site. I really enjoyed the lively debates which helped shape my design priorities. Here are a couple images of the two designs I submitted last night.

SW1
SW1 New Reader
6/1/11 6:29 p.m.

SW1
SW1 New Reader
6/1/11 6:29 p.m.

Tom Heath
Tom Heath Web Manager
6/1/11 6:31 p.m.
Thanas_4 wrote: thank you tom, good luck to everyone, please send us those confirmation messages so we know that you've got our entries

Look for it shortly after midnight tonight. I've got LOTS of entries...and they just keep coming.

SW1
SW1 New Reader
6/1/11 6:32 p.m.

SW1
SW1 New Reader
6/1/11 6:32 p.m.

SW1
SW1 New Reader
6/1/11 6:33 p.m.

SW1
SW1 New Reader
6/1/11 6:34 p.m.

SW1
SW1 New Reader
6/1/11 6:34 p.m.

SW1
SW1 New Reader
6/1/11 6:35 p.m.

Cr8tr
Cr8tr New Reader
6/1/11 7:26 p.m.
SW1 wrote:

Nice! It has that Testla Roadster feel....and that's a good thing.

unclebigbad
unclebigbad New Reader
6/1/11 7:45 p.m.

In reply to Cr8tr: That is WAY sexier than a Tesla! I mean, Wow, this one just jumped to the top of my list! nice, nice, nice.

Josh
Josh Dork
6/1/11 8:17 p.m.
SW1 wrote:

These are great, keeping the lines relatively simple really paid off. Is the roadster intentionally doorless?

Franze
Franze New Reader
6/1/11 9:03 p.m.

In reply to Josh: reminds me of the luso

RodneyO
RodneyO New Reader
6/1/11 10:03 p.m.

Amazing SW1! beautiful design I think it needs to win, no it must win. I think you hit all the criteria they are looking for big kudos!! , I will be surprised if it doesn't get picked as the winner.

And thanks everyone for the kind comments and the feedback, with the deadline around the corner may be I can squeeze some of those changes, here are some images that show the top on and some other colors. - cheers

BipDBo
BipDBo New Reader
6/1/11 11:17 p.m.

In reply to SW1: Simple, elegant and awesome.

I just submtted, but I'm afraid I don't sand a chance to these later submissions.

Tom Heath
Tom Heath Web Manager
6/1/11 11:52 p.m.

Phew. Just finished sorting the 1.5 GIGABYTES of emails, images, story boards, design briefs, etc...and started uploading them to an FTP server. Should be ready to go for the judges as early as tomorrow. I don't envy that job-it's going to be tough to pick a winner. As incredibly good as some of the posts here and at Factory Five have been, there are a lot of new ones that haven't been shared yet. Also, a few not-for-public updates of some favorites from this thread.

For now, I'm working on a group email for the entrants to acknowledge entry and confirm contact information. Thank you all for your participation; good luck to all!

Hiryu
Hiryu New Reader
6/2/11 12:35 a.m.
Tom Heath wrote: Phew. Just finished sorting the 1.5 GIGABYTES of emails, images, story boards, design briefs, etc...and started uploading them to an FTP server. Should be ready to go for the judges as early as tomorrow. I don't envy that job-it's going to be tough to pick a winner. As incredibly good as some of the posts here and at Factory Five have been, there are a lot of new ones that haven't been shared yet. Also, a few not-for-public updates of some favorites from this thread. For now, I'm working on a group email for the entrants to acknowledge entry and confirm contact information. Thank you all for your participation; good luck to all!

Sounds great! One question...If we also submitted a link to a video (youtube, etc.) of more angles/functionality of our designs, will the judges be able to see it?

Thanks again- Mike

1 ... 54 55 56 57 58 ... 60

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
chd92oYJQDutOxYKlL3IkxhjTJE6QnMKDffd1dLxqoCLaE1hkqnVLEyj8Ptt5hGM