1 ... 55 56 57 58 59 60
mcw_gm
mcw_gm
6/2/11 1:41 a.m.
Tom Heath wrote: Phew. Just finished sorting the 1.5 GIGABYTES of emails, images, story boards, design briefs, etc...and started uploading them to an FTP server. Should be ready to go for the judges as early as tomorrow. I don't envy that job-it's going to be tough to pick a winner. As incredibly good as some of the posts here and at Factory Five have been, there are a lot of new ones that haven't been shared yet. Also, a few not-for-public updates of some favorites from this thread. For now, I'm working on a group email for the entrants to acknowledge entry and confirm contact information. Thank you all for your participation; good luck to all!

Is the deadline not midnight PST?

mcw_gm
mcw_gm New Reader
6/2/11 1:46 a.m.

How do I upload an image? :(

mcw_gm
mcw_gm New Reader
6/2/11 1:49 a.m.

There's no browser for uploading?!

willrei
willrei
6/2/11 2:18 a.m.

well, I was really hoping id find time to make a slick, presentable entry, but it just didn't happen :/ so you guys will just have evaluate it for the merit of the design. I'm sure you can figure out what inspired my entry. I give you the Tipo 818

Also, I don't think my email went through until just after midnight, yikes! Hopefully it will still be considered?

Tom Heath
Tom Heath Web Manager
6/2/11 3:12 a.m.

In reply to mcw_gm: You seem confused. PM sent.

Confirmation letters have gone out, but I know I missed 5 email addresses when making the email list. The silly mail program wouldn't let me just reply to all entrants directly at once, so I had to build an email list from scratch. It took waaay longer than I had planned.

For now, I'm done staring at a screen for the past 19 hours.

Tom Heath
Tom Heath Web Manager
6/2/11 3:14 a.m.

In reply to willrei:

There were a few that made it in at the last minute; yours was one of them.

nemodesigns
nemodesigns None
6/2/11 3:43 a.m.

Well i didn't get to the message boards quickly enough and see there are alot of very good entries, and, as i have experienced with these sort of contests, the winner will most likely be a 3-D rendered one. i understand the logic as it would take less development to create and process. However there were afew hand drawn sketches that had some serious style, and mine was no slouch either

nemodesigns
nemodesigns New Reader
6/2/11 3:44 a.m.

In reply to Tom Heath:

i also didnt receive anything but i assumed i made it as i sent it a couple nights ago...

Franze
Franze New Reader
6/2/11 4:32 a.m.

In reply to nemodesigns: Awesome. Looking great, love the agressiveness

Krozn
Krozn New Reader
6/2/11 6:46 a.m.

I think being in the five mails forgotten because I have not received any return. I sent my submission on 05/30/11. my mail: k_roz_n@hotmail.com ... it's good for you ?

peter
peter Reader
6/2/11 6:47 a.m.

Also didn't get a confirmation, sent mine in last week. Nothing in spam folder. You sure that fancy mail program of yours worked?

Bluewinters21
Bluewinters21 New Reader
6/2/11 6:53 a.m.

I also did not receive a conformation.

VTX
VTX New Reader
6/2/11 7:12 a.m.
Tom Heath wrote: Phew. Just finished sorting the 1.5 GIGABYTES of emails, images, story boards, design briefs, etc...and started uploading them to an FTP server. Should be ready to go for the judges as early as tomorrow. I don't envy that job-it's going to be tough to pick a winner. As incredibly good as some of the posts here and at Factory Five have been, there are a lot of new ones that haven't been shared yet. Also, a few not-for-public updates of some favorites from this thread. For now, I'm working on a group email for the entrants to acknowledge entry and confirm contact information. Thank you all for your participation; good luck to all!

Tom,

I'm curious if all the designs will be posted for the public to view at some point. I think it would be really nice to be able to see everything that was submitted.

Franze
Franze New Reader
6/2/11 7:13 a.m.
Bluewinters21 wrote: I also did not receive a conformation.

Me either

Slyp_Dawg
Slyp_Dawg GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
6/2/11 7:24 a.m.

of everything I've seen, I like the submissions from cayeya, RodneyO, and Xabier's submission from a few months ago, all of those seem like they would look good rolling around town or chasing down Porsches and Ferraris on trackdays.

wonder if NASA or the SCCA would get behind another FFR spec class, maybe to run alongside the FFR spec Cobra class? a field of race cars that realistically could be put on track for less than $20K and raced for the whole season for not much more than that, could definitely be interesting and probably a hell of a lot of fun

Twinspool
Twinspool New Reader
6/2/11 7:42 a.m.

In reply to Slyp_Dawg: Agreed. There is definitely a need for a new spec class. E30 is growing while other classes stagnate and die. Many racers consider the roadster, even in spec form to be a twitchy hazard so this car could be a real standard bearer and competitive force for racers and enthusiasts alike.

unclebigbad
unclebigbad New Reader
6/2/11 7:53 a.m.
Franze wrote:
Bluewinters21 wrote: I also did not receive a conformation.
Me either

Me either.

peter
peter Reader
6/2/11 8:59 a.m.

Just received my confirmation email, thanks!

Tom Heath
Tom Heath Web Manager
6/2/11 9:00 a.m.

I awoke this morning to find out our mail server decided that my message to 360 of you looked like spam, so they blocked it. Thusly, nobody got the notifications I had sent and I should been sleeping at 4am instead.

I've just re-sent the confirmation using our mass mailing software, so you should be receiving confirmations shortly. (As in check your inbox now.)

In other news, I feel much better after a little sleep.

dagoro
dagoro
6/2/11 9:17 a.m.

Ooh, just got confirmation . Here's my entry:

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury SuperDork
6/2/11 10:25 a.m.

wow...very nice^^^

PC
PC New Reader
6/2/11 11:12 a.m.

Thanks for the confirmation.

Great works and great contest.

Good luck to all.

SW1
SW1 New Reader
6/2/11 11:45 a.m.

In reply to RodneyO:

RodneyO: Very Nice!

mekeys
mekeys New Reader
6/2/11 11:53 a.m.

In reply to VTX:

I agree with VTX...Not only should we be able to see them..I think we should be able to vote on them..It would be fun to see If the judges pick agreed with the peoples choice..

Mel Keys

mekeys
mekeys New Reader
6/2/11 11:57 a.m.

sorry about that most of my comment is missins for some reason ..

1 ... 55 56 57 58 59 60

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
xmQ61CfN0Qg2sL6fs4QUoOSLbdhD1sH5qHmAZTntPqL5cK2Ip3mPVNJQoyD79oVd