neon4891
neon4891 Dork
8/5/08 5:46 p.m.

This has been thrown out during a "What car?" thread, is any one aware of a rumble seat kit for a Miata? Or what it would take to create one yourself.

z31maniac
z31maniac HalfDork
8/5/08 6:20 p.m.

Do it.

Seriously.

Salanis
Salanis Dork
8/5/08 6:36 p.m.

A willingness to stick children directly between your gas tanks and the bumpers of careless SUV drivers.

Keith
Keith GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
8/5/08 6:49 p.m.

It's amazing how uptight some people get when you start discussing the best way to mount a child seat to a rollbar.

SVreX
SVreX SuperDork
8/5/08 7:25 p.m.

"But Officer, I'm quite sure the trunk seating positions would offer adequate child rollover protection"

thewrongguy
thewrongguy New Reader
8/5/08 7:36 p.m.

two days ago i saw 3 guys in a boxster. The one in the middle had his ass on the trunk and legs between the two passengers. The fact that they were all 16-18 didn't bother me so much as the '3rd man' had the collar up on his shirt. To their credit they were pretty ballsy since they went blasting by a coffee shop.

Your best bet for the miata in my opinion is get one passenger to sit on the others shoulders and have the top guy wear a trenchcoat. Works for two midgets in all the movies.

sanman
sanman New Reader
8/5/08 8:35 p.m.

I was recently out with some friends in NYC when a buddy called and offered to pick us up and take us to another bar. The problem was that there are five of us and he was driving a sedan. For some reason my friends decided to put two guys in the front passenger seat and all the big guys in the back. While it was amusing to me, the driver got worried about being pulled over after a few blocks and we pulled over for a quick chinese fire alarm-like change in seating positions.

How about a miata with a bench seat and a column shifter?

Or, you could find a second miata, chop it in half and attach it via a trailer hitch. It would be similar to those prowler luggage trialers.

carguy123
carguy123 HalfDork
8/5/08 9:00 p.m.

Cut the frame and add a rear seat ala Limos.

skruffy
skruffy Dork
8/5/08 9:04 p.m.

I had two passengers in my miata on more than one occation. It usually entailed someone sitting on someone else's lap. It's pretty terrible for the third man if the top is up.

Josh
Josh Reader
8/5/08 9:06 p.m.
Keith wrote: It's amazing how uptight some people get when you start discussing the best way to mount a child seat to a rollbar.

m4ff3w
m4ff3w GRM+ Memberand Dork
8/5/08 9:10 p.m.

Wouldn't that be an RX8?

JohnGalt
JohnGalt New Reader
8/5/08 9:14 p.m.
m4ff3w wrote: Wouldn't that be an RX8?

Beat me to it.

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
8/5/08 9:54 p.m.

Here U go.

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
8/5/08 9:57 p.m.

This page kills me

http://www.moesrealm.com/miata/fun.html

I have got to get me one of these!!!

Xceler8x
Xceler8x GRM+ Memberand Reader
8/6/08 8:10 a.m.

You bandwidth stealing bastard. How dare you link a photo that's shown every click for free.

/threadjack

You want a Stolen Image from www.moesrealm.com?

jwdmotorsports
jwdmotorsports Reader
8/6/08 9:30 a.m.

My Suggestion:

neon4891
neon4891 Dork
8/6/08 11:23 a.m.

Survay says "Bad Idea"

Xceler8x
Xceler8x GRM+ Memberand Reader
8/6/08 12:41 p.m.

http://oldcarandtruckpictures.com/EricGordonsKaiserConvertible/