1 ... 5 6 7 8 9
stanger_mussle
stanger_mussle GRM+ Memberand UberDork
11/14/21 11:12 a.m.

Finally figured out that I needed to print, sign and tape the delivery release to my front door. According to the tracking, the package was supposed to be delivered yesterday. I stayed home all day anticipating the delivery. It never showed up. Now the status says "Pending - Delayed".

Did the delivery truck fall into a black hole? Where the hell is my package? I berkeleying despise FedEx.

Cooter
Cooter PowerDork
11/24/21 9:55 p.m.
dculberson
dculberson MegaDork
11/24/21 11:38 p.m.

Today the inevitable finally happened. Amazon set a package on the driveway outside my garage door and I backed over it a bit. Fortunately I actually pay attention and stopped before the contents were damaged, but seriously. Don't set a package where cars drive. I have a front porch and a front door. 

hybridmomentspass
hybridmomentspass Reader
11/25/21 4:05 a.m.

Ordered from RockAuto, paid for next business day shipping

Nope. It sat in Indianapolis for 14 hours and didnt get it until after I was wanting it here - was wanting it before an alignment.

They had no answers outside of, "we're dealing with issues caused by the hurricane"
me - "What hurricane?

-The big one"

me - WHICH?"

"Ida"

me - "didnt that hit three or four months ago? Youre telling me that youre still struggling with this and it's not even listed on the places my package went to"

Tom_Spangler (Forum Supporter)
Tom_Spangler (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
12/1/21 3:48 p.m.

On Saturday, my daughter ordered a new iPhone 13 directly from Apple. Today, FedEx delivered us an empty box. 

We called Apple to start the proceedings to get a replacement. The lady on the phone made it sound like they're going to just ship one out to us, which will be great if it happens, but I am suspicious that we're going to end up fighting FedEx on this thing. The delivery lady handed me the box, I asked if I needed to sign for it, and she said "no". But the tracking info says I did sign. Fortunately, I have the whole interaction on video from my Nest camera.

So, I guess we'll wait and see.

ddavidv
ddavidv UltimaDork
12/1/21 5:05 p.m.

Every delivery person in the world that comes to my house leaves the boxes on my large front porch.

FedEx chick leaves today's RockAuto box in the driveway. at the end of my 3 foot walkway. 6 feet from the porch.

In. The. Driveway.

I'm not even surprised anymore.

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
12/1/21 5:14 p.m.
dculberson said:

Today the inevitable finally happened. Amazon set a package on the driveway outside my garage door and I backed over it a bit. Fortunately I actually pay attention and stopped before the contents were damaged, but seriously. Don't set a package where cars drive. I have a front porch and a front door. 

We've had that happen a few times lately. Our house is on a corner lot, so depending which street the delivery is on, the driveway is much shorter. But there is also a sidewalk from the driveway to the front door and from the front door to the other street. 

What really annoys me is if they drop it in the driveway, depending how long it takes to get the notification, we have no idea it's there. When they deliver to the front porch, the Ring camera lets us know basically immediately. 

BlindPirate
BlindPirate Reader
12/1/21 8:01 p.m.

I live in the country, with a longish gravel drive then it opens up to a lot where you turn around and where we park. You can throw the package in the yard and not even get out of the truck and we can see it from the house. But they throw it in the  middle of the lot just waiting to get run over. Then the dog thinks it's a chew toy but I guess that's not their problem. 

einy (Forum Supporter)
einy (Forum Supporter) Dork
12/1/21 9:04 p.m.

Just to spread the love a little bit, yesterday the UPS guy dropped a box of ordinance that I ordered onto my front, paver block porch from waist height.  Not like it isn't overtly marked or anything ...   Lucky he didn't get a rather nasty surprise, I suppose.

AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter)
AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
12/2/21 12:06 p.m.

In reply to einy (Forum Supporter) :

I would hope they know what ORMD means on the box.....  they are supposed to know.

einy (Forum Supporter)
einy (Forum Supporter) Dork
12/2/21 7:46 p.m.
AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter) said:

In reply to einy (Forum Supporter) :

I would hope they know what ORMD means on the box.....  they are supposed to know.

My point exactly.  

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
12/2/21 9:47 p.m.

I was getting up to get a glass of water and saw the FedEx truck pull up to our house on the driveway side. 

He made his toward the door, then just threw the package on the ground in front stoop. So if I hadn't seem do it, it would likely still be sitting on the walkway up to the door. 

frenchyd
frenchyd UltimaDork
12/2/21 10:09 p.m.

My complaint is wrong delivery. Lately I come home, pickup a package and go deliver it to the neighbor it was meant to go to.  

Jerry
Jerry PowerDork
1/18/22 7:33 a.m.

I get to add my own tale now.  Friday I got a message from FedEx saying my garbage disposal had been delivered at 4:23pm and signed for by me.  Neat trick since I was still at work 25 miles away.  Got home an hour later, no disposal.  Some friends said it might still be on the truck and show up Saturday, nope.

I tried to see the proof of delivery but couldn't without the shipper's account number(??).  Amazon and a plumbing supply company in NJ.  So I tried Amazon but said I had to try contacting them first.  I did, no reply.

Last night I went to Amazon again and stated my problem, I either wanted a refund or a replacement but sent to my work address.  This morning I woke up to a reply from that company saying they had a delivery and signature, they considered the matter closed.  They did include the signature and it looks nothing like mine.  You can actually read it.

Now I wonder if I'm out $300?  Someone said they had an issue with FedEx and ended up filing a police report to get their refund.  Wondering if that's my only option.

Fueled by Caffeine
Fueled by Caffeine MegaDork
1/18/22 8:17 a.m.

In reply to Jerry :

Open a case with FedEx. They should have how coordinates on every scan and can figure out if it was misdelivered. They don't share there details but they'll figure it out internally.  I've seen issues where people have delivery signatures as POD for business.  The person was let go a year ago but yet is still signing some how. 

1/18/22 9:53 a.m.

In reply to Jerry :

Amazon has always done right by me.  I had a seller try the same nonsense.  After a couple of calls Amazon sent me what I ordered from a different vendor.  I always check vendor reviews now.  The one I ordered from originally had a pretty bad history.  

1/18/22 9:54 a.m.
Fueled by Caffeine said:

In reply to Jerry :

Open a case with FedEx. They should have how coordinates on every scan and can figure out if it was misdelivered. They don't share there details but they'll figure it out internally.  I've seen issues where people have delivery signatures as POD for business.  The person was let go a year ago but yet is still signing some how. 

Yes Fed Ex has a record of every scan.  They also have rules on scanning and can figure out who broke the chain of custody......   if they want to.  A good contractor could figure this out in a few minutes.  

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
1/18/22 1:20 p.m.

Just hope your package does not have to go through LA:

Thefts Aboard Container Cargo On Los Angeles Trains

If you are not familiar with LA, it's a third would country on the west coast of the US, with all the crime, garbage and wandering violent and insane people that goes with that.

(Actually "third world countries" in general, are in a much better state than LA)

Jerry
Jerry PowerDork
1/18/22 2:03 p.m.

Opened the case with FedEx. 

Now I wonder if every crap phone call is them.  "Hi this is BPO Delaware, how are you? (nothing on my end) Great, we are offering..." click.     (weird accent) "Hello Marcus?  Hello, it is me MyKal" click.

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
1/18/22 2:26 p.m.

In reply to aircooled :

I too have seen this new out of LA this week.  The first thing I thought of is, "those pictures are not showing a problem that just began."  This is clearly a problem that has been going on a long while yet its being positioned as a "new" problem.  

I know the problem is with Calif not prosecuting or even investigating many crimes.  But I am aslso reminded, "doesn't train robbery have some really harsh laws, like laws held over from the Jessie James era?" 

matthewmcl
matthewmcl HalfDork
1/18/22 8:27 p.m.

Three packages "delivered to front door." Two yesterday, to the neighbor's house. One today, crushed, in the street, in front of the mailbox. I should have remembered this thread first.

pointofdeparture
pointofdeparture GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
1/18/22 9:17 p.m.
Jerry said:

Opened the case with FedEx. 

Now I wonder if every crap phone call is them.  "Hi this is BPO Delaware, how are you? (nothing on my end) Great, we are offering..." click.     (weird accent) "Hello Marcus?  Hello, it is me MyKal" click.

I learned the hard way that if a FedEx package is said to be delivered and it isn't there, that I need to pick up the phone *immediately* and complain and try to have them check where the delivery ping was. I once waited a couple days and got a "why didn't you call right away"?

With FedEx Ground being all contractors the service varies wildly. They regularly leave "signature required" packages on my doorstep without so much as knocking (I know this because I work from home). Last week I got a delivery and a different worker than usual actually knocked and got the signature. Was a pleasant surprise.

I know the shipping industry and labor market is rough right now but FedEx is closing in on being a $100B company, they could fix this if they wanted to.

UPS continues to be better all around, FWIW.

iansane
iansane GRM+ Memberand Dork
1/19/22 10:20 a.m.

I hate fedex. But for some reason my company uses them. So I'll take advantage of that account. Shipped an e30 diff out on friday and it SUPPOSEDLY will be delivered today(tracking says on the truck. We'll see...). Seattle to Florida. I'm definitely surprised.

Jerry
Jerry PowerDork
1/19/22 7:11 p.m.

5 days after I supposedly signed for it, and the seller refused to help, Amazon said sorry, and waiting on a FedEx investigation, the garbage disposal was on my front step this evening.

I have no idea where it's been, I am guessing it either stayed on the truck or it went to a neighbor that sat on it.  Either way, if I know something is coming from FedEx I'm using my work address from now on.  At least our stuff normally shows up.

Steve_Jones
Steve_Jones Dork
1/19/22 7:25 p.m.

In reply to Jerry :

I wouldn't say anything and let Amazon do the investigation. Might as well waste someone's time since they have no respect for yours. 

1 ... 5 6 7 8 9

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Pz5CRTD15gojfmhxQM7mBCBcwW9SY2z9OmKAM4zWKZlIuejMsmnZ4ldAGHds3elu