TL;DR: looking to compensate a South Florida GRMer with moto-hauling capacity to help facilitate the hypothetical near-to-mid-future purchase and delivery of a used bike for my buddy. 

I'll try to make this short, but bear with me. My best friend and riding buddy is in a bad way, needs a second hip surgery, and I feel obligated to repay a debt by helping him with a motorcycle. He's not on these forums, but I feel like he's not far from us, he reads the print mag now and again, had a 70's Mustang as one of his first projects, and built a badass lightweight FC RX-7 a while back.

The trouble is he recently moved to the complete opposite side of the country (Boca Raton, FL from Portland, OR) where he has family support while he gets himself back together and has no wheels at this point.

When his hip decline started a few years back, he first loaned me his Husqvarna 701 for a few months, and then sold it to me for $2000ish (or maybe a bit more) under market value, with the caveat that I'd return the favor someday.

Before he moved, we were working on a scruffy project VFR800 together, but that bike is far from done, has too many issues, and it's taking up space in my shop in Oregon on the wrong side of the country. Even if I put off all my other projects and fixed the VFR, it would still need cross-country transport, so I'd rather sell it/part it, and find him something closer to South Florida.

I'm reaching out ahead of time to see if any GRMers in the area would be willing to help in one of a couple ways, mostly with the purchase and local delivery of a sport touring bike like a Bandit, VFR, Tiger, etc once I see something promising pop up for sale on GRM, Faceballs, advrider, CL, etc. The exact logistics are negotiable, but I was thinking I'd either negotiate the purchase remotely and ask for help with delivery, or preferably connect you with my buddy to iron out the specifics, send him the money, and you go pick it up together. I'm happy to help compensate you for your time, rate to be discussed. No Nigerian princes or Western Union involved, I promise! laugh

Let me know if your willing to help...thanks!

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
7/21/21 12:03 a.m.

I'm in Tampa, I can help out with pickup/delivery, inspection, etc.  I don't ride though, so I won't be able to check any of that type of stuff...

In reply to Mr_Asa :

Awesome; thanks for the offer of help! I'm going to talk to my buddy this week or weekend and will send you a PM after chatting with him. How far is Tampa from Boca Raton?

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
7/21/21 6:30 p.m.

Its kinda far, honestly.  Other side of the state and up north a ways.  

In reply to Mr_Asa :

Good to know. I don't expect anyone to have to go way out of their way, but I appreciate the offer. If nobody closer turns up, I'll be in touch.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
tXw7KyDySeRBfr6YOYp13SYfJyBKOhZaIdrok0kbNPXFSzKzevLwz0kqiZdEbVjw