1 2
alfadriver
alfadriver Dork
7/16/10 12:49 p.m.
kreb wrote:
alfadriver wrote: Other than the fact that the engine exists (1.6 GTDI), and the car exists (Fiesta) - no, not really.
Uncharacteristically coy response. "I can neither confirm nor deny......."

It's because I actually don't know.

4eyes
4eyes HalfDork
7/16/10 9:00 p.m.

If it is made, I predict that it will suffer from NAH Syndrome (Not Available Here).

VanillaSky
VanillaSky HalfDork
7/16/10 9:08 p.m.

In reply to forzav12:

And here I thought I was the only member here to own an Astra.

fornetti14
fornetti14 GRM+ Memberand Reader
7/17/10 10:57 a.m.

I like it.

92dxman
92dxman HalfDork
7/17/10 1:02 p.m.

If they make this with manual windows/locks/no sunroof and an lsd, this might be an interesting car..

gamby
gamby SuperDork
7/17/10 1:13 p.m.
jstein77 wrote: The Automobile Magazine snippet said that they would probably sell it in the 5-door version only. That would be.okay with me. Article

That would be dope as hell.

With cars like this, along w/ the less-sporting Buick Lacrosse and Regal, I am very excited for the American car industry. THIS is the kind of stuff the country needs to be producing.

BobOfTheFuture
BobOfTheFuture Reader
7/17/10 2:58 p.m.

Seeing how my '02 Focus SVT Weighs about the same, I think I'd rather have the more spacious body with better distrubution, with an eng swap to that, or the 2.0

Hey, look, suddenly I've got options in engine choice and body design. I feel like a Honda fan.

kazoospec
kazoospec New Reader
7/17/10 3:13 p.m.

Here's my $.02: Looks interesting, love the size and weight. (What can I say, I'd still be driving my Civic DX hatch if it weren't for "Honda rot") I've sat in one of the "pre-release" demo cars but haven't driven one yet. Even though I'm 6'2" tall, I thought it was pretty comfortable and felt bigger than it is on the outside. The back seat was pretty much "kids only" from my perspective. I was going to drive one of the first arrivals here in town, but both at the local dealership were sold within 24 hours, so I don't know what the handling is like. This is what it boils down to for me: if it comes in around 18-19K and my Sentra is on its way out when this becomes available, I'd probably give it at least a serious look. If it goes very far north of that, there are simply too many other options that would be more appealing. I don't drive a lot and low mile (or even model year close-out) Civic Si/MS3/STi's/3 series, etc., etc. all start to pop up on the radar as you get into the 20k/20k+ range.

For Ford's sake, I hope they realize this. Sub 20k, this is probably a winner, 20k+, there's just too much competition.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
rqy5eGlePydTYA20kpEWcWTc4YCAlkwcLpMjWBZIGz0NZ2S2tJOx56tgkW0D6F8F