David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
7/10/19 10:31 a.m.

Hey, you. Yeah, you. What size helmet do you wear? No, this isn’t a trick question, and we don’t recommend taking a guess. At worst, a helmet’s fit can be a matter of life or death. At best, it’s the difference between comfort and discomfort.

Here, we present a somewhat extreme example right from the staff of GRM. We love J.G. but, …

Read the rest of the story

te72
te72 Reader
7/10/19 9:06 p.m.

Always good info to have out there, thanks for posting David.

Worth noting, I think the gal on the opening picture might be measuring it wrong...

USGUYS
USGUYS New Reader
7/10/19 9:44 p.m.

Great explanation on getting the right fit.
May we post a link to this article on our Milwaukeetrackdays.com website under Prep.  

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
7/11/19 8:08 a.m.
USGUYS said:

Great explanation on getting the right fit.
May we post a link to this article on our Milwaukeetrackdays.com website under Prep.  

Of course. Please share away!

Thank you. 

gokartwiki
gokartwiki New Reader
5/4/23 4:56 a.m.

It's helpful cause I usually buy go-kart helmets on Amazon, no need to try them by myself

jmabarone
jmabarone Reader
5/4/23 7:10 a.m.

One more thing to add confusion to the mix:  Not all helmets from even the same manufacturer fit the same.  I bought 2 different models of Zamp helmets.  The first (2nd hand from a guy, never used) was tight on my forehead to the extent that it would give me a headache after 10-15 minutes.  Checked sizing, compared to my old Bell, and went ahead and bought a different model Zamp.  The 2nd one fits perfectly...exactly like my older Bell.  

L5wolvesf
L5wolvesf Dork
5/4/23 1:03 p.m.

Not sure if it is just me but . . . haircut affects size. My hair is (or maybe was) thick. Thick enough that when I was getting close to haircut time my helmet(s) would feel tighter. When racking or motorcycling I know when it is time for a trim when the bucket doesn't feel right. 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
jTmYkRuIeNj3dMaWIHJZBfHVrGyZFGdIm83BuE59Nj7H81ZVq1TObXBrbubKha9R