Jerry
Jerry PowerDork
9/24/21 8:49 a.m.

First event coming up Sunday and figuring out what I need to do/turn off...

Reading the pdf of the owner's manual, looks like press Traction ~ once and VSC Sport either once or a long press...

But I've read about the Pedal Dance that involves the E brake and brake pedal. Is it worth that for an autocross? Versus just pressing a button or two?

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
9/24/21 8:55 a.m.

I think a lot of people recommend the pedal dance, because even with TC off with the 3-5 second press and hold, you can still encounter "ice mode." And there also 1-2 companies that sell something you can plug into the OBD-II port and eliminate that and TPMS warnings (if you have aftermarket wheels without the sensors) as well. 

Tons of info on stuff like that here. https://www.ft86club.com/forums/

Slippery
Slippery GRM+ Memberand UberDork
9/24/21 9:06 a.m.

Just make sure you dont press the EJECT button. 

Jerry
Jerry PowerDork
9/24/21 9:12 a.m.

In reply to z31maniac :

thanks!  Yes, neither the BRZ or Crosstrek have TPS's anymore.

dps214
dps214 Dork
9/24/21 9:27 a.m.

I don't know what the super serious people are doing these days, but locally it seems like most people aren't bothering with the pedal dance. I've driven one with it just turned off normally and it seemed fine. I probbaly wouldn't worry about it too much especially for your first event with the car.

goingnowherefast
goingnowherefast GRM+ Memberand Reader
9/24/21 11:36 a.m.

What year is it? It matters haha. 

Jerry
Jerry PowerDork
9/24/21 12:04 p.m.

In reply to goingnowherefast :

captainawesome
captainawesome Dork
9/24/21 12:06 p.m.

I have tried in my own car with pedal dance, TSC long push, and in stock setting. Autocross and track work, I preferred the pedal dance. I actually preferred it in pedal dance mode all the time so I had a Beastronix box that automatically engaged even on cold start. Can't hurt to try them between each runs to see what you may or may not like about each setting. I've read a lot of fast autocross guys don't even press a button, so I could be leaving a ton on the table?

The only thing that really sucks about first trying the pedal dance is waiting for it to warm up enough to even get it set. It's frustrating until you figure it out or at least have the patience to get it engaged before your first run. Especially if you have any work assignments or duties with your club leaving little prep time before your session.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
xJ70Z27NJHzjZDaXuiXBnhDi22zx21w1ZTv62Svs9UZuG2KxDjRtDEcWd0coGYlT