Nitroracer
Nitroracer SuperDork
12/28/12 11:43 p.m.

I was never interested in Hondas back when they were all the rage with the tuner crowd but now that the hype has worn off and the prices have come down I found one I wanted to give a try. I found a nearly stock 94' GS-R, the only modification is a K&N intake and aftermarket head unit. The car has under 140k miles and a full folder of maintenance records. There is one tiny spot of rust on the drivers quarter panel, should be easy to keep under control. I put 600 miles on it over the last few days and she hasn't missed a beat. The fuel milage was lacking a bit, but I think it was due to the bad thermostat and temp sender I replaced last night. The paint needs a mop and polish after I remove the hideous vinyl stickers in the back. Time to enjoy double wishbones and 8,000rpm!

rustysteel
rustysteel New Reader
12/29/12 8:13 a.m.

Looks like a nice find. Welcome to the club. Just needs some of those 'under glow' lights as they call them and some sweet chrome rims.

I've been looking on and off for one of these, I found an original owner with high km's but by the time I got a chance to check it out it was gone. Have fun. Autocross the crap out of it and it will only ask for more...

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
12/29/12 1:41 p.m.

those cars are tasty! enjoy your VTACK, yo!

i bought a red-over-black '95 back in '97 with 32k on the odo, drove it to about 110k and, just like yours, it never missed a beat. i did have the dealer replace 5th gear syncro under warranty at about 45k, but that was the only non-routine thing it required during my ownership.

poopshovel
poopshovel UltimaDork
12/29/12 2:20 p.m.

Good lookin! (minus the goofy decals.) I'd love to find a non-riced 4-door that wasn't priced through the roof.

clutchsmoke
clutchsmoke HalfDork
12/29/12 2:25 p.m.

I loved mine! Also had a '94 (4 door tho). Engine was getting tired at nearly 200,000 mi. It had really taken a beating before I owned it. I assume it's still singing in Vtec somewhere...

poopshovel
poopshovel UltimaDork
12/29/12 2:28 p.m.

I can't kill my '91 (non-gsr; non-vklak,) to the point where I'm not even scared to "jinx" it anymore. Tires, oil-changes, brakes. Over and over and over. 80 miles a day. 370k-ish miles.

iceracer
iceracer UltraDork
12/29/12 6:43 p.m.

Gee, all this time I thought it was an Accura.

I know, fancy Honda.

Nitroracer
Nitroracer SuperDork
12/29/12 9:29 p.m.
poopshovel wrote: Good lookin! (minus the goofy decals.) I'd love to find a non-riced 4-door that wasn't priced through the roof.

I would have preferred a sedan but those were pretty difficult to find in my area.

Spoolpigeon
Spoolpigeon HalfDork
12/29/12 10:32 p.m.

Ahhh these are great little cars. I had a 98 gsr back in 2000 and it was flawless for the 4 years I had it. Even slapped a turbo kit on it a year later and no issues from that either. The only things I ever had to do was normal maintenance things like the timing belt, valve adjustment (makes a huge difference if it hasn't been done in a while), brakes/rotors, etc. I loved that car, but sold it to get into RWD cars.

Enjoy it!

integraguy
integraguy UltraDork
12/30/12 8:34 a.m.

I have never driven a VTEC-equipped Honda/Acura, but put a lot of miles (at insane speeds) on B18 engined Civics and Integras...and mechanically, these cars are unbreakable. Their "weakest" spots are the plastics of the interior...though in your case this won't be a problem for years. Plastic "bits" on Honda products eventually get brittle and that makes them prone to fracturing.

Gas mileage and power will be improved with a free-flow exhaust system and/or decent header.

qdseeker
qdseeker Reader
12/30/12 9:01 a.m.
iceracer wrote: Gee, all this time I thought it was an Accura.

I was thinking the same thing.

And the hype has definitely not gone down.

Spinout007
Spinout007 GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
12/30/12 9:09 a.m.
Nitroracer wrote:
poopshovel wrote: Good lookin! (minus the goofy decals.) I'd love to find a non-riced 4-door that wasn't priced through the roof.
I would have preferred a sedan but those were pretty difficult to find in my area.

I know where a bone stock 106k mile 4 door LS will be for sale towards the end of January.

poopshovel
poopshovel UltimaDork
12/30/12 9:09 a.m.

Gee, all this time I thought I was on GRM and not VWvortex.

dankspeed
dankspeed Reader
12/30/12 9:12 a.m.

The 90's were Honda/acura's golden years. Can't go wrong.

unevolved
unevolved Dork
12/30/12 10:00 a.m.

Badass! I love those cars. Super simple to work on, and there's more internet help than you'd know what to do with if you can sort through the E36 M3.

johnp2
johnp2 New Reader
12/30/12 9:10 p.m.

Nice ride sir!

Vigo
Vigo UltraDork
12/31/12 4:39 p.m.

Love the car! Had a nice 01 GS/5spd in the family for a couple of years that i really liked. Just yesterday i was trying to talk my fiancee into a b20-swapped auto i saw on CL (she wont drive stick.. yet..) but no dice there. Id like to have another some day.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
IdNpMsZEpy6wGAWRteyBN6vvRssTpsLEbsUKk2gwDRfMu1B9g9R9voRkoiuUUbDN