GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
1/25/13 7:09 a.m.

Check this out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W25O_kPlEQU

PLUS they sell those sexy-as-hell wheels that were on the 2nd concept. The whole kit with wheels runs $3.5k~$4k depending on what options you choose. Really bums me out that I can't get a Toyobaru now.

Aero kit with wheels:

^ I wouldn't give it this "hellaflush" stance but I LIKE

Derick Freese
Derick Freese SuperDork
1/25/13 7:30 a.m.

So wait, a body kit that actually makes a car look better? Wow.

GameboyRMH
1/25/13 7:44 a.m.

Yeah there are usually one or two available for each model

DaveEstey
DaveEstey SuperDork
1/25/13 8:41 a.m.

Nothing like spending $3.5-4k on a body kit for an "affordable" sports car.

NOHOME
NOHOME Dork
1/25/13 8:46 a.m.

There is a long list of stuff that this car needs before I would arrive at a body kit.

Besides, unless the kit is steel. I ain't interested in glued- on cheap fiberglass.

Alan Cesar
Alan Cesar Associate Editor
1/25/13 8:53 a.m.
NOHOME wrote: There is a long list of stuff that this car needs before I would arrive at a body kit. Besides, unless the kit is steel. I ain't interested in glued- on cheap fiberglass.

It's urethane. Standard stuff for a lip kit. Looks like a clean install, too.

VonSmallhausen
VonSmallhausen GRM+ Memberand Reader
1/25/13 8:56 a.m.

I like that, which adds to the long list of reasons that I want an FRS/BRZ

forzav12
forzav12 HalfDork
1/25/13 9:00 a.m.
DaveEstey wrote: Nothing like spending $3.5-4k on a body kit for an "affordable" sports car.

Especially one that makes a relatively clean design look like a f&f stereotype. As NOHOME wrote, there is plenty that this car needs that has nothing to do with its body shape.

poopshovel
poopshovel UltimaDork
1/25/13 9:08 a.m.
DaveEstey wrote: Nothing like ricing out a brand new car.

Ftfy.

Jamesc2123
Jamesc2123 Reader
1/25/13 9:26 a.m.

You guysthph, don't makh thhhphun offtph meee...

GameboyRMH
1/25/13 9:32 a.m.

Ricing? The changes are subtle and it looks good IMO. Yeah it is pretty expensive though.

oldsaw
oldsaw PowerDork
1/25/13 10:14 a.m.

The video also mentions the inclusion a TRD suspension and/or shorter springs. If the price includes a full TRD kit, which would used to include springs/sway/shocks, it might not be such a bad deal.

Personally, I'd take just the rear spoiler and go without the other four body pieces.

GameboyRMH
1/25/13 11:08 a.m.

I'd take the 5-piece (pretending I wouldn't end up with a front splitter and big rear wing at some point) and the non-staggered wheels, it's just too bad you have to choose between 18x8 or 19x8.5. 18x8.5s would give you all the width without the unnecessary loss of clearance and extra tire costs of 19s.

Suspension would be proper threaded coilovers with independent height adjustment of course.

Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson UltraDork
1/25/13 11:16 a.m.

Other than the subtle rear lip spoiler, your taking a fundementaly good looking car and fuglyfying it with that kit.

z31maniac
z31maniac PowerDork
1/25/13 1:20 p.m.
GameboyRMH wrote: I'd take the 5-piece (pretending I wouldn't end up with a front splitter and big rear wing at some point) and the non-staggered wheels, it's just too bad you have to choose between 18x8 or 19x8.5. 18x8.5s would give you all the width without the unnecessary loss of clearance and extra tire costs of 19s. Suspension would be proper threaded coilovers with independent height adjustment of course.

Step down a size of series, from 35-30 or whatever would be appropriate and the clearance isn't an issue.

Iusedtobefast
Iusedtobefast New Reader
1/25/13 3:13 p.m.

Dont you think the kit gives it a 370Z look? I still like it tho'

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
krVeg6NeF8U9WM9x6AzuO8Ios4AkXtWTWzB04FVeAkp4v1Zo3QUds5ziNjldOvZN