Flight Service
Flight Service MegaDork
6/1/13 2:13 p.m.

Good job! I was perusing your site just seeing what new you had out and noticed something so many others don't do.

Sell proven complete vehicle packages.

I mean what you have offered is short of something Roush or Shelby would sell to make a complete car level.

I know exactly what to buy and I don't have to worry if it will work. If I ever get off of my 911 kick and go back to a Miata, I know where my second stop will be.

Kudos!

Donebrokeit
Donebrokeit HalfDork
6/1/13 2:57 p.m.

The also make the news

http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2013/06/01/new-chevy-v8-small-block-dream-or-nightmare-for-tuners/?intcmp=features

stroker
stroker Dork
6/1/13 5:03 p.m.
Donebrokeit wrote: The also make the news http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2013/06/01/new-chevy-v8-small-block-dream-or-nightmare-for-tuners/?intcmp=features

Was just about to post that. Keith's pretty humble for a celebrity, no?

JoeyM
JoeyM MegaDork
6/1/13 5:13 p.m.
Flight Service wrote: I mean what you have offered is nothing short of something Roush or Shelby would sell to make a complete car level.

FTFY

Chris_V
Chris_V UltraDork
6/1/13 5:30 p.m.
Flight Service wrote: I see Fox not news, sorry. Did they make the BBC and I not catch it?

Sorry, I was in Scotland for a week a couple weeks ago and watched (and listened to) the BBC news stations there. No better then here, with 5 minutes on Pakistan, 5 minutes on a murder, 5 minutes on independence from the EU and 2 hours on Manchester United winning another championship.

Same 4 news stories repeated over and over all day long.

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/1/13 8:16 p.m.

Well, thanks We've actually been putting together more "all car" packages - we have the Targa Package, which basically the car we ran in the Grand Touring class of Targa Newfoundland (supercharger, exhaust, clutch, roll protection, suspension for an NC). We have the (as-yet-unannounced) "Igor package", which will get you everything you need to turn an NA or NB into a really good street/track performer (FM II, cooling, clutch, suspension, brakes, roll protection). Our Little Enchilada and Big Enchilada packages for the Mazdaspeed get you all the bits you need to upgrade your Mazdaspeed's drivetrain.

There's new Habu V8 pricing coming out soon, which will give nice clear pricing for a turn-key V8 Miata, including braking and suspension upgrades.

Lots of people like to buy bits and pieces, but we know there are some that want a fully integrated package. So we're trying to make that easier.

stroker
stroker Dork
6/3/13 12:41 p.m.

In reply to Keith Tanner:

What is this "Habu V8" you reference? Surely not the V8 derived from the Hayabusa engine....?

Swank Force One
Swank Force One MegaDork
6/3/13 12:49 p.m.

Nah, it's what they call their turn-key V8 swaps.

Neckromacr
Neckromacr Reader
6/3/13 12:56 p.m.

The Habu is a poisonous snake indigenous to Japan.

So think a fusion name for a Japanese Cobra.

On an unrelated note, Habu Sake also packs quite a punch too. I wish I could get some more again.

Keith Tanner
6/3/13 1:07 p.m.

Correct, a small fierce little viper from Japan Also the nickname for the SR-71 airplane, which had some performance of its own...

Leafy
Leafy New Reader
6/3/13 1:13 p.m.
Donebrokeit wrote: The also make the news http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2013/06/01/new-chevy-v8-small-block-dream-or-nightmare-for-tuners/?intcmp=features

I'm not sure what all the hubub about the ecu is or could ever be with a GM. All the v8 stuff is either already cracked or in the process or being cracked by hp tuners and efi live. IMO Hp Tuners has the best tuning interface of any tuning software, between tuning OEM computer and stand alones. $500 to hpt and your GM factory ecu basically turns into a stand alone already wired for your car.

Keith Tanner
6/3/13 1:44 p.m.

For the existing engines, definitely. Not for the DI engines, they use a different ECU. And the tuning for DI is quite different. There are some real challenges ahead for tuners.

We use HP Tuners and EFI Live on the earlier engines.

Leafy
Leafy New Reader
6/7/13 9:40 a.m.
Keith Tanner wrote: For the existing engines, definitely. Not for the DI engines, they use a different ECU. And the tuning for DI is quite different. There are some real challenges ahead for tuners. We use HP Tuners and EFI Live on the earlier engines.

They're break it eventually. There's already been massive successes on the DI 4 bangers, like the LNF. Yep I'd love to do a turbo back and intercooler with piping, throw some e85 in the tank and make 400/400 on the stock turbo with a tune thank you. DI's and vvt let you work some real magic on the car, it only gets really complicated with the injection timing and needing to change it with e85, but on the 4 banger apps people have already figured it out and they have a significantly smaller user base than the v8 crowd.

Warren v
Warren v Reader
6/7/13 12:53 p.m.

I can't wait until someone works a solution for wireless strain gauges on a driveshaft and/or halfshafts. It would turn your car into a rolling dyno and make developing auto-tuning ECUs pretty straightforward.

Leafy
Leafy New Reader
6/7/13 12:55 p.m.
Warren v wrote: I can't wait until someone works a solution for wireless strain gauges on a driveshaft and/or halfshafts. It would turn your car into a rolling dyno and make developing auto-tuning ECUs pretty straightforward.

http://www.aemelectronics.com/dyno-shaft-pro-series-on-vehicle-dynamometer-73/?osCsid=t0pu4orh0h9urtundibac60611

accordionfolder
accordionfolder Reader
6/7/13 2:01 p.m.
Leafy wrote:
Warren v wrote: I can't wait until someone works a solution for wireless strain gauges on a driveshaft and/or halfshafts. It would turn your car into a rolling dyno and make developing auto-tuning ECUs pretty straightforward.
http://www.aemelectronics.com/dyno-shaft-pro-series-on-vehicle-dynamometer-73/?osCsid=t0pu4orh0h9urtundibac60611

http://ls1tech.com/forums/dynamometer-results-comparisons/1365298-new-drive-shaft-dynamometer-need-your-help.html

Looks like a guy on ls1 tech was involved with AEM for it.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
PKpXewqaj1FLigul8wm1quyFjOOWhBQoZXs9YaX5mg5LYsC9nnmNlADijqNMxGcG