1 2 3
Knurled
Knurled GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
7/24/15 2:28 p.m.
Keith Tanner wrote: But you do have to be an enthusiast, customers will want to share with you how much they love the car and if you say "meh, I prefer the AE86 Corolla" it's rarely a good conversational gambit.

The optometrist at the eyeglasses place I visited yesterday was telling me about the good things re: Lasik.

I thought it was a little weird...

Actually, if I hear you say "meh" at all I'll probably beat you with a shock absorber.

Okay, I'll buy a Miata now just so I can give you money for stuff.

Ian F
Ian F MegaDork
7/24/15 3:15 p.m.

Right now... after just canceling two more vacation days due to work scheduling... I'm damn close to going and buying foxtrapper's old Miata and then doing a tear-down in my garage to become qualified.

Money-wise, all I'd need is enough to pay the mortgage on an acre or whatever is the minimum for plopping a large barn on where I can keep my cars, bikes and the RV I'd live in.

...grumble...

captdownshift
captdownshift GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
7/24/15 3:40 p.m.

In reply to Ian F:

sounds like the Miata would be the only thing keeping you from becoming a homicidal anti-establishment prepper

Knurled
7/24/15 4:30 p.m.
z31maniac wrote:
unevolved wrote: I love that owning a Miata is a requirement.
It says own or have owned.

Does pwning count?

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
7/24/15 4:44 p.m.
Knurled wrote:
z31maniac wrote:
unevolved wrote: I love that owning a Miata is a requirement.
It says own or have owned.
Does pwning count?

I can't say too much.

I did terrible on one of their tests and ace'd the other.

EvanB
EvanB GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
7/24/15 8:06 p.m.

I found that grammar tests can be a little confusing over the phone but I did pass.

HunterJP
HunterJP GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
7/25/15 9:11 a.m.

This is soooo very tempting.

Jarod
Jarod GRM+ Memberand Reader
8/12/15 4:24 p.m.

Is this position still open?

NOHOME
NOHOME UberDork
8/12/15 4:55 p.m.
Keith Tanner wrote: I suppose we'd take someone who had never owned a Miata if they were somehow still intimately familiar with the car.

I have taken two Miatae apart spotweld by spotweld. Does that qualify as "Intimate" or is it a bit too Jeffrey Dahmerish?

Knurled
8/12/15 6:03 p.m.

Now I have Slayer's "Piece By Piece" going through my mind.

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
8/12/15 6:09 p.m.
Jarod wrote: Is this position still open?

I'm assuming it is.

Teri emailed me back last week to tell me I was out of the running because of the one test I screwed up. But would be in consideration if people failed at interviews/drug tests/etc.

I wanted to get into more specifics about the test I failed, but didn't think it was appropriate. At this point, I think they are on to interviewing potential candidates, but it never hurts to apply!

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/13/15 3:22 p.m.

I apologize for the process. Let's just say I have no input into it at all, and it's not how I'd do things.

bgkast
bgkast GRM+ Memberand UberDork
8/13/15 3:42 p.m.

In reply to z31maniac:

Was this the test:

Which car is a Miata?

A)

B)

C)

Driven5
Driven5 Dork
8/13/15 3:48 p.m.

Maybe the title of the thread needs to be changed to:

"Flyin Miata wants to hire somebody...But not you."

That way there is only one person who is excluded is the one without any reason to commiserate.

bluej
bluej GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
8/13/15 4:19 p.m.
z31maniac wrote:
Jarod wrote: Is this position still open?
I'm assuming it is. Teri emailed me back last week to tell me I was out of the running because of the one test I screwed up. But would be in consideration if people failed at interviews/drug tests/etc. I wanted to get into more specifics about the test I failed, but didn't think it was appropriate. At this point, I think they are on to interviewing potential candidates, but it never hurts to apply!

that's fascinating.. I can understand you not wanting to share what the test was, though. Respecting potential employers, etc..

JohnRW1621
JohnRW1621 UltimaDork
8/13/15 4:48 p.m.

Rumored to be actual video:

justdave
justdave New Reader
8/13/15 5:37 p.m.

In reply to bgkast:

The blue one. When do I start?

Knurled
8/13/15 5:45 p.m.

I found a transcript of one of the interviews.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
JIbmY455x45FtoTVe4DCdsZSANfiDMPZ5N526YFLA0cf1DzQ5ZYkCfkqeUwhItzA