1 2 3
WildScotsRacing
WildScotsRacing Dork
1/10/17 7:57 p.m.
joey48442 wrote:
TurboFocus wrote: double check with the guys over at www.focusfanatics.com im sure if you search that site you'll find an answer without needing to make a new thread EDIT: oops E36 M3, site says thru '11 so yea. summit usually has the svt frpp kit for cheap plus those. enjoy roughly a half inch drop and a much sportier ride on the cheap!
Hmm, I'm not seeing an frpp kit on summit? I see two different shock/strut sets for 210 and 237, but no frpp spring.

Don't shop for Focus FRPP stuff on Summit. I posted a link on page 1, about half way down. FYI, there are FRPP kits for both '00 to '05 cars, and '06 to '11 cars. Watch the model years carefully, and if you want a kit for the '00 to '05 cars but your car is a '06 to '11 THEN you will need to order the Massive Omni kit for it to fit your steering knuckles. Also remember, early model struts have to use early model upper mount assemblies, but they are a direct bolt-in.

joey48442
joey48442 PowerDork
1/10/17 8:39 p.m.
WildScotsRacing wrote:
joey48442 wrote:
TurboFocus wrote: double check with the guys over at www.focusfanatics.com im sure if you search that site you'll find an answer without needing to make a new thread EDIT: oops E36 M3, site says thru '11 so yea. summit usually has the svt frpp kit for cheap plus those. enjoy roughly a half inch drop and a much sportier ride on the cheap!
Hmm, I'm not seeing an frpp kit on summit? I see two different shock/strut sets for 210 and 237, but no frpp spring.
Don't shop for Focus FRPP stuff on Summit. I posted a link on page 1, about half way down. FYI, there are FRPP kits for both '00 to '05 cars, and '06 to '11 cars. Watch the model years carefully, and if you want a kit for the '00 to '05 cars but your car is a '06 to '11 THEN you will need to order the Massive Omni kit for it to fit your steering knuckles. Also remember, early model struts have to use early model upper mount assemblies, but they are a direct bolt-in.

Oh! Ok I'm dumb. I looked at that stuff. Didn't realize what frpp stood for. So if I get that and the Omni kit I should be good?

Thanks for all the info

TurboFocus
TurboFocus New Reader
1/11/17 7:03 p.m.

In reply to joey48442:

Yep. He had better prices than what i knew of, go with his link

joey48442
joey48442 PowerDork
1/11/17 9:57 p.m.

Sweet! I'm going with the frpp set and Omni kit come spring time. No use ruining the setup on our Michigan winter crap roads!

TurboFocus
TurboFocus New Reader
1/12/17 6:25 a.m.

AWESOME!

there are other fun little things to do to these cars that wont make your wife angry... or as angry

GTwannaB
GTwannaB GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
1/12/17 10:39 p.m.

Yeah I know this thread is towards its end, but I keep bench building Foci in my head. Anyone know anything about stroked 2.0L Duratec's? So many of the English kit cars use the 2.0L there must be some tricks to those motors?

TurboFocus
TurboFocus New Reader
1/13/17 4:56 a.m.

2.3 motors from foci are out there.

If you want a 2.5 motor in your car find a wrecked fusion and pull it, pair it with the mtx75 trans and have a blast.

Most common mods are header, cosworth im, intake and exhaust. Pretty sure cams are available for it too. Duratec motors ain't bad to play with.

floatingdoc
floatingdoc GRM+ Memberand New Reader
1/15/17 11:51 p.m.

What holds me back from modifying modern engines is the tuning. Any comments on that topic?

TurboFocus
TurboFocus New Reader
1/16/17 3:28 a.m.

cost?

its the cost for me, you either pay someone or learn to diy. software may be difficult to learn too

captdownshift
captdownshift GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
1/16/17 1:57 p.m.

In reply to floatingdoc:

It's just a healthy fear of the unknown High Performance Academy is a great place to start learning about the process and overcoming the fear.

STM317
STM317 HalfDork
1/16/17 3:10 p.m.

In reply to floatingdoc: A custom aftermarket tune with handheld storage device shouldn't be more than $500, and may be closer to $400 depending on who you use. All you'd have to do is either take them the car, or email them your basic specs/mods. Then you plug it into your OBDII port and 5 minutes later you're driving.

Heck, a legit Cosworth intake manifold for these cars is $800ish new, which makes a tuner seem pretty reasonable. IF you're thinking of engine swaps, with performance parts, $400 or $500 isn't really that much to add to the budget.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
xPikHKX23QeZAXQPLcj8HD4z13z1GHUPFqDwK1A3V31gA7sv0kLbBbKGZbJ26GJa