1 2
conesare2seconds
conesare2seconds New Reader
10/21/10 9:05 p.m.

Hope this isn't a repost: http://www.autoblog.com/2010/10/20/tuner-wrecks-customers-ford-gt-situation-devolves-from-there/

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
10/21/10 9:16 p.m.

That'll teach him not to be rich...

RoadRacer78
RoadRacer78 New Reader
10/21/10 9:17 p.m.

When I had my Ducati dealership my insurance covered my employees when they were test riding customer bikes. That shop owner should have covered himself.

As for wadding the car up, well, that sort of thing happens.

neon4891
neon4891 SuperDork
10/21/10 9:19 p.m.

That will buff right out

Volksroddin
Volksroddin Dork
10/21/10 9:23 p.m.

13 was the right number for that car..

oldsaw
oldsaw SuperDork
10/21/10 10:10 p.m.

Apparently 13 is the sum of both parties' IQ scores.

EricM
EricM Dork
10/21/10 10:15 p.m.

that will buff out

Appleseed
Appleseed SuperDork
10/21/10 11:30 p.m.

This will waste an afternoon:

http://www.wreckedexotics.com/

stereoking15
stereoking15 New Reader
10/22/10 12:07 a.m.

Well thats what he gets for paying over $150k for any ford product just plain dumb.

ScottRA21
ScottRA21 Reader
10/22/10 12:52 a.m.
stereoking15 wrote: Well thats what he gets for paying over $150k for any ford product just plain dumb.

.... Really, here? On GRM? I expect this sort of juvenile commentary on a Chevy board, any kind of Japanese make car forum, or european... But not on GRM.

stereoking15
stereoking15 New Reader
10/22/10 1:06 a.m.

Are you making it personal by writing that kinda comment? Trying to put me in the stereotypical jdm forum or what have you. This car is garbage ask Jeremy Clarkson... he bought one new paid over $150k on it and wouldnt start!! The way you took my comment makes me think that this was your car if that is the case I am truly sorry that you bought into fords garbage of a car. Yes its neat that its a throwback car but thats it, it has a supercharged truck engine in a sports car? I mean really? great technical advances, If you say that dodge did it with the viper its actually quite different because when Chrysler owned Lamborghini they had them design the engine for their super car not the other way around.

ScottRA21 wrote:
stereoking15 wrote: Well thats what he gets for paying over $150k for any ford product just plain dumb.
.... Really, here? On GRM? I expect this sort of juvenile commentary on a Chevy board, any kind of Japanese make car forum, or european... But not on GRM.
ScottRA21
ScottRA21 Reader
10/22/10 1:15 a.m.

No, I just am used to more intelligent commentary on GRM than brand bashing over something that is completely unrelated to the car's manufacturer.

Guy goes to tuner, tuner destroys car. Car's make is utterly irrelevant.

stereoking15
stereoking15 New Reader
10/22/10 1:34 a.m.

Has nothing to do with intelligence just a matter opinion which is why forums like this forum even exists, people asking for advice on a post, wanting somebodys opinion on oil weight, suspension set up, tire pressures etc.. It is a travisty that it happened to that persons car truly is and I hope he get what is rightly deserved to him which should be a completely identical vehicle to the one that was taken from him from the neglect of the tuner. I am simply stating that it is dumb to pay that much for a ford vehicle. Just way over inflated pricing, just like when the pt cruiser came out and people were paying 10k over msrp just to have one, just like people are paying almost 80k for a shelby mustang kr!! Its a mustang and one must realize that its plainly a mustang and thus not worth 80k. For an original kr yes but for a company to manipulate people into paying those prices for a car that is another throw back car that will never amount to the success and future collective value because it was already dont 40 plus years ago. Every car maker makes garbage at one time or another, Chevrolet and the Lumina, Dodge and the K car, Toyota with the tercel (fwd model), mazda with the 929. So once again stating my opinion that nobody should pay that much for a ford, just like nobody should pay almost $400k for a Lexus LFA. Cool yeah, way over priced. I am not a total ford hater if that is what you are wondering just dont know why people give these automakers a reason to say hey this was a good idea and people actually were willing to pay this amount of money for this car. If ford consistenly produced an exotic and was proved reliable then yes I could justify the price.
In reply to ScottRA21:

nutherjrfan
nutherjrfan HalfDork
10/22/10 2:20 a.m.

to quote the boys on King of the Hill, "yup..."

Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson HalfDork
10/22/10 6:46 a.m.
stereoking15 wrote: Are you making it personal by writing that kinda comment? Trying to put me in the stereotypical jdm forum or what have you. This car is garbage ask Jeremy Clarkson... he bought one new paid over $150k on it and wouldnt start!!

Classic dumbass repeating half truths. The reason JC's car wouldn't start had nothing to do with Ford. It was the aftermarket alarm / anti theft disarming equipment he had fitted to prevent theft. That was the cause of the issues, nothing to do with Ford.

Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson HalfDork
10/22/10 6:49 a.m.

Also any car enthusiast with their head not rammed hard up their own posterior will accept a cool car is a cool car, indipendent of the badge on the back.

Zomby woof
Zomby woof Dork
10/22/10 7:08 a.m.
ScottRA21 wrote:

As he makes his own juvenile comment

Priceless.

RossD
RossD Dork
10/22/10 7:20 a.m.

Locost donor?

1988RedT2
1988RedT2 HalfDork
10/22/10 7:21 a.m.

As a wise man once said: "Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

spitfirebill
spitfirebill Dork
10/22/10 7:25 a.m.

Who would send such a car to someone with no insurance?

alfadriver
alfadriver SuperDork
10/22/10 7:26 a.m.

In reply to stereoking15:

Good thing there are enough dumb people out there (in YOUR eye), that all of the GT's were sold.

And Ford made some decent money on those over priced cars.

Irrational buyers are awesome.

JFX001
JFX001 SuperDork
10/22/10 7:26 a.m.

Another one bites the dust....what a shame.

Klayfish
Klayfish Reader
10/22/10 7:30 a.m.

How fast was I going, you ask? Well, officer, I was going like 50 or 55mph....what? Yes, yes, I know the speed limit is 65, but I'm not one to speed, I ALWAYS play it safe. Then suddenly, out of nowhere, both turbos just spun out of control by themselves. I had both feet on the brakes and it wouldn't stop!!! I was terrified for my life. Someone call the NTSB or Dateline NBC!!"

davidjs
davidjs Reader
10/22/10 7:38 a.m.
spitfirebill wrote: Who would send such a car to someone with no insurance?

It sounds like the original owner did have insurance, he just didn't want to make the claim.

I can't believe someone would run a shop without appropriate insurance, I can only imagine the owner's insurance company lawyers are sharpening the knives now...

As to sending a car to a non-insured shop. It was one of those oversights that's a much bigger deal on a $200k car than a $2k car, but I would just assume that anyone with an actual business name would have insurance...

pinchvalve
pinchvalve GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
10/22/10 7:50 a.m.

I am confident that that will never happen to me. Mostly because I do not own a twin-turbo supercar.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
1AmIgLpTyMVJ1BDK4XFvbSnzaBz5IZo4CcXD7SGtTc2GfW4DAvXQWCbtXImGMJZX