1 2
Giant Purple Snorklewacker
Giant Purple Snorklewacker SuperDork
10/22/10 7:54 a.m.
pinchvalve wrote: I am confident that that will never happen to me. Mostly because I do not own a twin-turbo supercar.

You could go for the supporting role of tuner/pilot.

Gimp
Gimp GRM+ Memberand Dork
10/22/10 7:54 a.m.

Not to pick nits here, but...

stereoking15 wrote: ...Every car maker makes garbage at one time or another, ... Dodge and the K car...

That car pretty much saved Dodge at the time.

RoadRacer78
RoadRacer78 New Reader
10/22/10 8:30 a.m.
pinchvalve wrote: I am confident that that will never happen to me. Mostly because I do not own a twin-turbo supercar.

Oh no! Now you did it.

I would be looking in my mirrors of an out of control Supercar driven by a tuner if I were you.

Cotton
Cotton Dork
10/22/10 9:53 a.m.
stereoking15 wrote: Are you making it personal by writing that kinda comment? Trying to put me in the stereotypical jdm forum or what have you. This car is garbage ask Jeremy Clarkson... he bought one new paid over $150k on it and wouldnt start!! The way you took my comment makes me think that this was your car if that is the case I am truly sorry that you bought into fords garbage of a car. Yes its neat that its a throwback car but thats it, it has a supercharged truck engine in a sports car? I mean really? great technical advances, If you say that dodge did it with the viper its actually quite different because when Chrysler owned Lamborghini they had them design the engine for their super car not the other way around.
ScottRA21 wrote:
stereoking15 wrote: Well thats what he gets for paying over $150k for any ford product just plain dumb.
.... Really, here? On GRM? I expect this sort of juvenile commentary on a Chevy board, any kind of Japanese make car forum, or european... But not on GRM.

The GT40 is an incredible car. I wish I could afford one....too bad the resale is so damn high.

96DXCivic
96DXCivic SuperDork
10/22/10 10:03 a.m.

For a $150k I can think of at least 1000 cars I would rather own but still it is a shame when a cool car like that gets destroyed.

Xceler8x
Xceler8x GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
10/22/10 10:21 a.m.

That sucks. GT40's are hot no matter what they cost. If I had $150k to plunk down I'd get one and have it painted just like the one all smashed up in the posted picture.

Btw - complete B.S. on the car tuners part. Trying to say the car just went crazy and ended up in a ditch? My bet is he jumped on the loud pedal, turbos spooled up, and he spun off. Dude should man up. He won't because that would mean the end of his business.

I'm posting this in defiance of the "Arbiter Of Appropriate Car Pricing". Especially Ford pricing.

1988RedT2
1988RedT2 HalfDork
10/22/10 10:26 a.m.
Gimp wrote: Not to pick nits here, but...
stereoking15 wrote: ...Every car maker makes garbage at one time or another, ... Dodge and the K car...
That car pretty much saved Dodge at the time.

The K-car was the VW Beetle of the 80's. Basic, dependable transportation at a reasonable cost. In that sense, it was an awesome car.

aussiesmg
aussiesmg SuperDork
10/22/10 10:35 a.m.

History shows K cars do pretty damn well at the challenge also.

I also would proudly pay $150K for a GT40, if I had everything else paid for and $1000K in the bank.

The car is awesome IMHO

EricM
EricM Dork
10/22/10 10:37 a.m.
Xceler8x wrote: Btw - complete B.S. on the car tuners part. Trying to say the car just went crazy and ended up in a ditch? My bet is he jumped on the loud pedal, turbos spooled up, and he spun off. Dude should man up. He won't because that would mean the end of his business.

I am betting that no matter what the he does, this is the end of his business.

FlightService
FlightService Reader
10/22/10 10:49 a.m.
stereoking15 wrote: Well thats what he gets for paying over $150k for any ford product just plain dumb.

is there a minus one button for posts?

FlightService
FlightService Reader
10/22/10 10:50 a.m.
aussiesmg wrote: I also would proudly pay $150K for a GT40, if I had everything else paid for and $1000K in the bank. The car is awesome IMHO

Isn't that $1M?

Slyp_Dawg
Slyp_Dawg GRM+ Memberand Reader
10/22/10 10:52 a.m.

yeah, whether he mans up or not, it sounds shady enough and is obvious to anyone with an IQ higher than the number on the door that he wasn't going safe and slow when he lost control, nobody with half a brain will take their car to him for tuning based on this. if I were the owner, and there were any sort of data logging capabilities in the ECU or a seperate data logger present in the car, I would have that data looked at to see what the engine was doing. it wouldn't tell necessarily what gear he was in or how fast he was going, but it should record throttle position and engine speed and possibly boost level

z31maniac
z31maniac SuperDork
10/22/10 12:32 p.m.
EricM wrote:
Xceler8x wrote: Btw - complete B.S. on the car tuners part. Trying to say the car just went crazy and ended up in a ditch? My bet is he jumped on the loud pedal, turbos spooled up, and he spun off. Dude should man up. He won't because that would mean the end of his business.
I am betting that no matter what the he does, this is the end of his business.

And rightfully so.

Xceler8x
Xceler8x GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
10/22/10 12:39 p.m.
Slyp_Dawg wrote: if I were the owner, and there were any sort of data logging capabilities in the ECU or a seperate data logger present in the car, I would have that data looked at to see what the engine was doing. it wouldn't tell necessarily what gear he was in or how fast he was going, but it should record throttle position and engine speed and possibly boost level

I think that's correct if the car is ODBII. Unless it's using an aftermarket cpu to control the engine under boost. I've got an Megasquirt in my Miata so that wouldn't work if this were my car.

That's a good idea if the cpu is stock or had datalogging turned on.

Marty!
Marty! Dork
10/22/10 1:42 p.m.

A Ford GT is my new halo car. Some day I will have one. Even if that includes spending my kids inheritance and leaving them nothing but a pack of gum and a pair of dirty socks.

gjz30075
gjz30075 Reader
10/22/10 2:47 p.m.
FlightService wrote:
is there a minus one button for posts?

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand Dork
10/22/10 3:03 p.m.

Am I the only one thinking potential challenge car here?

Appleseed
Appleseed SuperDork
10/22/10 3:54 p.m.

Eddie Griffin?

Platinum90
Platinum90 SuperDork
10/22/10 3:57 p.m.
FlightService wrote:
aussiesmg wrote: I also would proudly pay $150K for a GT40, if I had everything else paid for and $1000K in the bank. The car is awesome IMHO
Isn't that $1M?

NO, it is clearly one thousand one thousands.

Platinum90
Platinum90 SuperDork
10/22/10 3:57 p.m.
Marty! wrote: A Ford GT is my new halo car. Some day I will have one. Even if that includes spending my kids inheritance and leaving them nothing but a pack of gum and a pair of dirty socks.

Forget that, I take my pack of gum and dirty socks to my grave!

FlightService
FlightService Reader
10/22/10 8:50 p.m.
Platinum90 wrote:
FlightService wrote:
Isn't that $1M?
NO, it is clearly one thousand one thousands.

LOL

M2Pilot
M2Pilot Reader
10/22/10 9:32 p.m.
Marty! wrote: A Ford GT is my new halo car. Some day I will have one. Even if that includes spending my kids inheritance and leaving them nothing but a pack of gum and a pair of dirty socks. Dying broke is a noble goal,also seems rather do-able these days.
1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
U6rbPDtGWlB18fItfpJUW0vC7p2AiTK5NEycUmtEn74BhSQfa3OojDlnY92EzFQo