1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 ... 31
Error404
Error404 Reader
10/13/21 7:10 p.m.

Looks like it shops in the Boys Husky section, compared to that Ranger. Like it's ordering double entrees at lunch but not dinner. Also, what in the shiznizzle is going on with that grill?

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy MegaDork
10/13/21 7:45 p.m.

When I pulled up I thought it was a new Ranger but lower.  Then my second thought was the Honda truck cause of the size of the bed.  

Erich
Erich UberDork
10/14/21 8:48 a.m.

Ford sure got the proportions and design right on the old Ranger. It has really aged well. Wonder if it will be a classic. 

Antihero (Forum Supporter)
Antihero (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
10/14/21 8:59 a.m.
Erich said:

Ford sure got the proportions and design right on the old Ranger. It has really aged well. Wonder if it will be a classic. 

This is one of the big pluses for me. It's roughly the size of my 91 extra cab ranger

iansane
iansane GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
10/14/21 9:37 a.m.

It looks bigger because the things on it are bigger. Larger headlights, tail lights, wheels, wheel well openings, lower hanging body cladding and valences; but I guess it really is just the size of the old ranger.

GCrites80s
GCrites80s HalfDork
10/14/21 8:24 p.m.
Erich said:

Some might say it already is. I saw a restored '94-'96 Ranger driving around about a year ago. I call it "restored" because the paint was too shiny and the trim was a little too perfect.

Brotus7
Brotus7 Dork
10/15/21 8:12 a.m.

A Maverick just showed up in my neighbors driveway.  It looks like a good sized little truck.

eastsideTim
eastsideTim PowerDork
10/15/21 9:20 a.m.

Local dealer has one in the inventory list (who knows if it is actually in stock yet).  It is a loaded Lariat 2.0 AWD.  Somewhere north of $36K MSRP.

Robbie (Forum Supporter)
Robbie (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/15/21 2:22 p.m.

I've wondered if there are any dealers who would give me a straight trade for my 2010 f150 crewcab platnum to a new Maverick. I mean, probably not but chip shortage maybe?

10/15/21 6:15 p.m.
Robbie (Forum Supporter) said:

I've wondered if there are any dealers who would give me a straight trade for my 2010 f150 crewcab platnum to a new Maverick. I mean, probably not but chip shortage maybe?

I mean.....a quick Google search shows a range from $13k to 29k so it's a possibility

carguy123
carguy123 UltimaDork
10/15/21 10:20 p.m.
Colin Wood said:

Let me know if anyone has any specific questions that I might be able to answer from Ford.

Also, I can do a photo dump if anyone is interested.

I looked at all the full sized pick ups at the Fair and Dodge won hands down.  Ford broke the F150 when they changed the door openings on the rear seat.  Now your feet will hit the C pillar every time.  Both Dodge & Chevy made theirs better.

But I never looked at any of the midsized trucks and of course I stopped at a red light beside a Ranger and that is the size a pick up needs to be.  All the full sized ones have grown way too big.

But how is the interior quality and how comfy are the rear seats and how about leg (and storage) room?

OHSCrifle
OHSCrifle GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
10/16/21 10:41 p.m.

I'd really like to sit in one and drive one. When are they supposed to hit dealerships?

10/16/21 11:14 p.m.
OHSCrifle said:

I'd really like to sit in one and drive one. When are they supposed to hit dealerships?

One showed up at a local dealer here. I tried to setup a test drive but wasn't successful so far

chandler
chandler UltimaDork
10/17/21 7:51 a.m.

Saw one yesterday in Valpo Indiana in a dry blue color that looked really really good. It ticks a lot of boxes.

stanger_mussle
stanger_mussle GRM+ Memberand UberDork
10/17/21 8:29 a.m.

I finally saw one in the wild. As I was leaving work Friday, a black XL pulled out of the parking garage. At first I thought it was an older Tacoma until I saw it from the side. It looked really good, with nice proportions and low roof height.

I hope Ford sells a bazillion of these.

84FSP
84FSP UltraDork
10/17/21 11:58 a.m.

Have seen teo around but couldn't get a closer look yet

Kreb (Forum Supporter)
Kreb (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
10/17/21 2:00 p.m.

FWIW, I'm tickled to see the popularity of this and the Santa Cruz. Light, smaller trucks fit my needs in a way that the  full-sized ones don't. (What looks like) the impending success of the Maverick means that for the forseeable future such vehicle swill be available. That's worth a woo hoo! from me.

Erich
Erich UberDork
10/21/21 12:22 p.m.

Official hybrid mpg numbers are out: 42 city, 33 highway. Deliveries start in January and Ford expects the whole of 2022 model year to be sold out by the number of reservations within the next month. 

The 2.0 was rated at 26/25 mpg. 

Saron81
Saron81 HalfDork
10/21/21 12:54 p.m.

We've started to see the Ecoboost ones as work. Here's a size comparison between my old Ranger supercab. 

pinchvalve (Forum Supporter)
pinchvalve (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/21/21 1:10 p.m.

That is a really short bed compared to the Ranger. Even if it a trick of perspective, it's pretty compact. Not a complaint certainly, just an observation.

DeadSkunk  (Warren)
DeadSkunk (Warren) UltimaDork
10/21/21 1:18 p.m.

I noticed one of the homes down the street has one. I'll have to go introduce myself.

Hoondavan
Hoondavan HalfDork
10/21/21 2:07 p.m.

I've seen a few dealers list them in inventory, but I haven't tried to stop by in person.  Apparently Ford is nearly sold out for the entire 2022 model year.  I went the "build and reserve" tool and it just connects you to a local dealer at the end.  With dealer markups these days, I'd be surprised if the lower spec hybrid trucks are actually available at list price. I'm almost afraid to ask at this point.  I

I plan on getting SWMBO to sit in one this fall.  Great economy and usability.  I definitely wonder how comfortable the seats are and if this would be comfortable enough for back seat passengers on longer trips.  It's probably the cheapest vehicle on the market that isn't a bare-bones economy car.   

dj06482 (Forum Supporter)
dj06482 (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
10/22/21 10:11 p.m.

I just read somewhere that the hybrids won't be produced until December, and will hit dealers around January.

MrChaos
MrChaos GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
10/23/21 8:07 a.m.

In reply to Hoondavan :

you can only order the hybrids, there will be no dealer stock for them.

yupididit
yupididit GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
10/23/21 8:41 a.m.

I wonder if my dealer has them. My wife wants to look at the fullsize bronco and mach-e, with my full support lol

1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 ... 31

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
XAX3po1FQzE2fbeLheVCMfGudBLktEfvzbHfY0qzPhlbkGLQ3NQsyd31UDbXlO8i