1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 ... 31
MrChaos
MrChaos GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
12/30/21 10:43 a.m.
eastsideTim said:

The ones I'm seeing listed new locally seem to be "in-transit", and some are already spoken for, so I am not sure why they are even advertising them.  I'm also seeing a few popping up used with asking prices over MSRP.  I'm glad I'm not at a point where I need to buy a new car right now.

I believe that is just how the system that all the car dealers use, once the car is on the way to the dealer it just shows up in the system. And a lot do put big mark ups on the already spoken for cars so they dont get calls about them.

Kreb (Forum Supporter)
Kreb (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
12/30/21 11:23 a.m.

If you browse the internet for real-world feedback it's quite strong. Pointedly, people say that it's a good deal preferable to the Ranger unless you need full body-on-frame capability.

Gearheadotaku (Forum Supporter)
Gearheadotaku (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
12/30/21 9:33 p.m.

Got some interesting spec numbers today, not sure if they have been posted before.

2.0 turbo 250 hp @5500, 277 lbs @3000 you'll need premium gas for those numbers.

8sp trans ratios.

1st 4.69 

2nd 3.31 

3rd 3.01.

4th. 1.92

5th 1.45

6th 1.00

7th .75

8th .62

Rev 2.96

Final drive 3.63/ 3.81 with 4k trailer package.

​​

GCrites80s
GCrites80s HalfDork
12/30/21 9:33 p.m.

After seeing the trucks in person I'm even more worked-up to get one. Gonna have to wait though since I want the hybrid and A-models of any vehicle do make me a little nervous (so do B-models but berk it). Dealer's going to happy to see me too since they'll get both my Civic and my 1st-gen Colorado.

GCrites80s
GCrites80s HalfDork
12/30/21 9:37 p.m.
Gearheadotaku (Forum Supporter) said:

Got some interesting spec numbers today, not sure if they have been posted before.

2.0 turbo 250 hp @5500, 277 lbs @3000 you'll need premium gas for those numbers.

8sp trans ratios.

1st 4.69 

2nd 3.31 

3rd 3.01.

4th. 1.92

5th 1.45

6th 1.00

7th .75

8th .62

Rev 2.96

Final drive 3.63/ 3.81 with 4k trailer package.

​​

I knew the Ecoboost one was going to be fast with 250hp -- faster than I need -- but mid-14s? Feeling bad for you, SN95s.

Apexcarver
Apexcarver UltimaDork
12/30/21 10:25 p.m.

In reply to GCrites80s :

At least my sn95 is a cobra. Magazines got mid 13's as I recall. I live 30min from a drag strip, I should really try it sometime.

GCrites80s
GCrites80s HalfDork
12/30/21 11:13 p.m.

Yeah, shoulda said "non-Cobra SN95s"

einy (Forum Supporter)
einy (Forum Supporter) Dork
12/31/21 8:23 p.m.
GCrites80s said:

Gonna have to wait though since I want the hybrid and A-models of any vehicle do make me a little nervous (so do B-models but berk it).

What is an A-model / B- model?

dj06482 (Forum Supporter)
dj06482 (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
12/31/21 8:27 p.m.

I'm interested, I have a hybrid XLT penciled in as our next vehicle (and my wife is on-board).. I'd like it to be AWD as well (not available in the hybrid right now), but think I could live with FWD, as well. Saving my pennies!

GCrites80s
GCrites80s HalfDork
12/31/21 9:32 p.m.
einy (Forum Supporter) said:
GCrites80s said:

Gonna have to wait though since I want the hybrid and A-models of any vehicle do make me a little nervous (so do B-models but berk it).

What is an A-model / B- model?

It may come from the motorcycle world but people apply it to cars too. A=1st model year of a generation, B=2nd, C=3rd and so forth.

GCrites80s
GCrites80s HalfDork
12/31/21 9:35 p.m.
dj06482 (Forum Supporter) said:

I'm interested, I have a hybrid XLT penciled in as our next vehicle (and my wife is on-board).. I'd like it to be AWD as well (not available in the hybrid right now), but think I could live with FWD, as well. Saving my pennies!

Reviews I've seen say that the Ecoboost just tears too much ass for FWD and you're always peeling out or getting into the traction control. They recommend AWD with the Ecoboost.

12/31/21 11:32 p.m.

I'd like the AWD Ecoboost (and the 4k towing capacity it can be spec'd with), but the mileage of the hybrid is what makes the truck a no brainer for us.

I would imagine a FWD Ecoboost would have a hard time putting full power down, especially once weight transfers off the front axle(s).

GCrites80s
GCrites80s HalfDork
1/1/22 11:36 a.m.

Oops, I had an extra "the" in there. What I meant is they said if you get the Ecoboost get AWD, not to only get that model.

Kreb (Forum Supporter)
1/1/22 1:07 p.m.
dj06482 (Forum Supporter) said:

I'd like the AWD Ecoboost (and the 4k towing capacity it can be spec'd with), but the mileage of the hybrid is what makes the truck a no brainer for us.

I would imagine a FWD Ecoboost would have a hard time putting full power down, especially once weight transfers off the front axle(s).

Yeah, California gas savings going from the Ridgeline to the Maverick Hybrid would offset 2/3 of the payment for me, but my inner enthusiast says AWD ecoboost with offroad package. 

car39
car39 Dork
1/1/22 8:13 p.m.

In reply to OHSCrifle :

3 to 5 months.  I sold the truck to the dealer to lock in the trade value.  Possibly could be worth more at time of sale, but it just makes budgeting a lot easier, and I don't have to worry about my trade being taken out by a distracted driver.

Kreb (Forum Supporter)
1/1/22 9:11 p.m.

I just saw a Santa Cruz up close for the first time. The cargo bed is definitely reminiscent of the Baja and I crossed it off my list as too much of a compromise. The Maverick isn't much better, which calls into question the whole concept in my mind. We'll see.  

Antihero (Forum Supporter)
Antihero (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
1/1/22 9:22 p.m.

I think I'll hold out for AWD Hybrid

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
1/1/22 9:27 p.m.

I think the Explorer Sport Trac is the real predicessor to the Maverick. 

Actually, since the Maverick chassis shares with the Bronco Sport, I was somewhat surprised this truck wasn't badged in the  Bronco brand.

The name Bronco Sport Trac could have worked. 

dxman92
dxman92 Dork
1/1/22 9:29 p.m.

I read an article earlier where some reports on the Maverick forum were reporting over 600 miles a tank and roughly 42 mpg with the hybrid version.

Erich
Erich UberDork
1/2/22 1:19 p.m.

Saw another one today, a black AWD with private plates, so they're definitely starting to appear in the wild. Looked like a good size, substantially narrower than our Pacifica, which would be nice for parking in the city. 

untchabl
untchabl HalfDork
1/2/22 2:27 p.m.

Saw an elderly gentleman driving a black XL AWD in town this week. Looked pretty good from the few quick glances I got at it. 

stan
stan GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
1/2/22 3:56 p.m.
John Welsh said:

I think the Explorer Sport Trac is the real predicessor to the Maverick. 

Actually, since the Maverick chassis shares with the Bronco Sport, I was somewhat surprised this truck wasn't badged in the  Bronco brand.

The name Bronco Sport Trac could have worked. 

Keeping hold of the Maverick name maybe?

1/2/22 4:21 p.m.

The Maverick is designed to take a 4x8 sheet of plywood (or Sheetrock) in its bed. The catch is that it has to go over the wheel wells, and then they have a special setting on the tailgate where it's partially raised so it's level with the wheel wells.  Ford's supposed to be putting out a bunch of videos with things like DIY bike racks out of wood and other DIY accessories. Mileage reports from the Hybrid FB groups are very promising, many are seeing 42-44 MPG out of the gate. Of course, I take those figures with a grain of salt, but at least people aren't complaining of awful mileage out of the gate.

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
1/5/22 8:12 a.m.

Interesting stats in this article

... over half – 51.3 percent – have opted for XLT trim, followed by the more luxurious Lariat at 29.1 percent, the XL at 12.7 percent, and the First Edition at 6.9 percent.

Engine-wise, most – 62.4 percent – have stuck with Ford’s 2.5L Atkinson cycle hybrid, while 37.6 percent have opted for FoMoCo’s 2.0L EcoBoost I-4. The most popular color thus far is Area 51 with a 20.4 percent take rate, followed by Velocity Blue at 15.5 percent, Cactus Gray at 13.8 percent, and Carbonized Gray at 12.3 percent. A whopping 52.7 percent went with the 17-inch painted aluminum wheels, while 72.2 percent decided to forego the 4K Tow Package and 83.8 percent didn’t purchase the FX4 Off-Road Package, signaling that most of these owners don’t plan on towing things or going off-roading in their Maverick, perhaps.

classicJackets (FS)
classicJackets (FS) SuperDork
1/5/22 9:43 a.m.

Semi-tangent here, but I was looking back at the original paperwork on my Courier today - and the sale price, inflated to today's $, would be $20,140.. or almost $200 more than the "base price" of a Maverick. Neat!

​​​​​

1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 ... 31

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
IEXK5XA5zFfga65FdeXnLrHifAaSg5Kqn36E60GVpNcowVLZKjYmB3ZVh3fxyTyE