1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 31
maschinenbau
maschinenbau GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
1/5/22 10:04 a.m.

In reply to classicJackets (FS) :

People complain about the ever-rising price of cars, but when you adjust for inflation, they have never been a better bang for your buck. 

Kreb (Forum Supporter)
Kreb (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
1/5/22 10:47 a.m.
maschinenbau said:

People complain about the ever-rising price of cars, but when you adjust for inflation, they have never been a better bang for your buck. 

Even moreso when you factor in quality. When I grew up, 100k miles was considered a pretty worn out car. Now its more like double that and sometimes more. 

pinchvalve (Forum Supporter)
pinchvalve (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/5/22 10:50 a.m.
maschinenbau said:

I don't know about that, Carvana is listing Fiesta STs with over 50k miles for $25K...I bought mine new for less than $19k. New cars are routinely being sold at over list price. Most importantly, while the average new car price has risen and risen, wages have remained flat as Kansas.  

One thing that has improved however is the cars. My mother's 1990 Civic DX was an affordable car, and it did not come with A/C, power anything, or a passenger-side mirror. Affordable cars today - A Nissan Versa for example - have ABS, traction control, bluetooth, crumple zones, rear-view cameras....the list goes on.

Total Crap

Not crap at all

Flynlow (FS)
Flynlow (FS) Dork
1/5/22 11:04 a.m.
GCrites80s said:
einy (Forum Supporter) said:
GCrites80s said:

Gonna have to wait though since I want the hybrid and A-models of any vehicle do make me a little nervous (so do B-models but berk it).

What is an A-model / B- model?

It may come from the motorcycle world but people apply it to cars too. A=1st model year of a generation, B=2nd, C=3rd and so forth.

I'd always heard it referred to improvements of aircraft frames/engines/avionics (P51-D, F15-E, etc).  Made somewhat famous by a quote attributed to Edward Thompson, World War II Pilot who said “Never fly the A model of anything.”  But the intent is the same, let them work out the problems on the first batch/model year/production run, then buy the 2nd. 

Either way, this thread inspired me to look at Mavericks again.  Then I realized an XLT built how I want it is $30K, and I'm just too cheap to spend that on a work truck.  Love Ford's new direction with interiors though. 

spacecadet (Forum Supporter)
spacecadet (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
1/5/22 8:55 p.m.

if the XL maverick was offered with Cruise control... that'd be the one for me.

A Base hybrid XLT is calling my name..

The PricePoint on these is so good.

Toyman!
Toyman! GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/6/22 7:54 a.m.

I think this may be my next vehicle when it comes time to replace the Ridgeline. 

2022 Ford Maverick XLT Exterior View

Maybe the blue instead. 

2022 Ford Maverick XLT Exterior View

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
1/6/22 7:59 a.m.

In reply to Toyman! :

mmake mine exactly like this. Steel wheels, nailed stance and all. 

Its exactly what i want. Black even....

iansane
iansane GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
1/6/22 2:32 p.m.

I just went to build it and the only leather interior color option is red? Gross.

ProDarwin
ProDarwin MegaDork
1/6/22 2:38 p.m.
Dusterbd13-michael said:

In reply to Toyman! :

mmake mine exactly like this. Steel wheels, nailed stance and all. 

Its exactly what i want. Black even....

That rear needs to come back up an inch to even out the wheel gap.

And it needs to white, with ~17x10 ish wheels

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
1/9/22 8:33 a.m.

Lifted from elsewhere on the internet...

The current cheapest Ford model towing a former entry-level Ford. A lot has changed in 30 years.

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/9/22 8:47 a.m.

In reply to John Welsh :

Yes... for starters, Ford is no longer in the business of selling rebadged Kias.

Just as Kia is no longer in the business of selling cars made with cast-off Mazda tooling.

The sad part is, the Festiva probably has a lot more real-world interior room.  The bigger the truck the more cramped they are.

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
1/9/22 9:08 a.m.

I looked further at the cheapest initial msrp on Ford's website (before $1,245 destination charge)   

$19,995 Maverick

$20,395 EcoSport

$25,070 Ranger

$25,555 Escape

$27,205 Mustang

$27,415 Bronco Sport

DeadSkunk  (Warren)
DeadSkunk (Warren) UltimaDork
1/9/22 9:49 a.m.

In reply to John Welsh :

I bet I'd be quite content with a base Maverick like that.

GCrites80s
GCrites80s HalfDork
1/9/22 11:04 a.m.
Pete. (l33t FS) said:

In reply to John Welsh :

The sad part is, the Festiva probably has a lot more real-world interior room.

You'd see the hugest guys driving those back in the day.

dj06482 (Forum Supporter)
dj06482 (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
1/9/22 11:39 a.m.

A hybrid truck for around $22-23k out the door is a screaming deal. Base models get an 8" screen with Android Auto/Apple CarPlay, I'd be content with the XL but would get an XLT because steel rims rust like crazy in this area.

I'd rock a base hybrid but you can't get cruise control on the base.

The hot thing with the wheels is to swap on the Bronco Sport wheels. 

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/9/22 12:54 p.m.

In reply to stanger_mussle (Supported by GRM undergarments) :

The accountant in our building just bought a Maverick at under MSRP because the guy who ordered it in the spring saw the wheels and turned it down.  He was in the right place at the right time, the salesman didn't want to go through the waiting list of buyers before finding one who wanted it. "You're here right now, they aren't" Must be hungry for commissions.

He figured that the steel wheels will be just fine for winter tires and he will buy a decent looking set for summer.  He got more money selling his Ram than the Maverick will cost him.

Erich
Erich UberDork
1/9/22 12:54 p.m.

what I want is a base hybrid but with heated front seats and cruise. To get heated seats you have to go to Lariat, and it comes with some pretty unattractive leather. 

untchabl
untchabl HalfDork
1/9/22 1:25 p.m.

The lack of cruise on the XL will push alot of people to buy an XLT. I know it's the reason I'm considering an XLT. Now I just need to find a local dealer that has a Maverick on the lot that I can check out and see how I like it.

Currently leaning toward an XLT Ecoboost FWD with trailer hitch as the only option. Does anyone know what the current wait time is if you order one?

MrChaos
MrChaos GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
1/9/22 1:35 p.m.

If i have to lemon law my jeep im condiering a loaded Lariat AWD in blue.

spacecadet (Forum Supporter)
spacecadet (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
1/10/22 11:25 a.m.

In reply to untchabl :

one item of note, the FWD ecoboost doesn't get the nice tow package..

which originally was what I wanted.. and the website would let you spec it that way a few months back.. but they will not anymore..

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
1/10/22 11:34 a.m.

I think if someone could hack/retrofit cruise control in for $500-$750, there would be a strong market for that.  As stated earlier in this thread, going to XLT just to get cruise is like a $2,300 bump in price.  Sure, you get other things but steep if all you want is cruise. 

I know there is universal aftermarket seat heat already that could probably be made to fit.  

eastsideTim
eastsideTim PowerDork
1/10/22 11:48 a.m.
John Welsh said:

I think if someone could hack/retrofit cruise control in for $500-$750, there would be a strong market for that.  As stated earlier in this thread, going to XLT just to get cruise is like a $2,300 bump in price.  Sure, you get other things but steep if all you want is cruise. 

I know there is universal aftermarket seat heat already that could probably be made to fit.  

Ford used to have a XL convenience package for trucks that usually included cruise control and a few other common options. It wouldn't surprise me if it comes back after all the parts/labor shortages work themselves out.

Erich
Erich UberDork
1/10/22 12:09 p.m.

From what I see on Maverick forums, VOXX already has a working simple cruise. Adding OEM cruise appears to involve buying the XLT wheel and coding using ForScan. I'm sure aftermarket heated seats will also be available - adding both leather heated seats and cruise would probably come out less than the XLT upgrade. 

dj06482 (Forum Supporter)
dj06482 (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
1/10/22 6:08 p.m.

They've also solved the cruise control issue by swapping out for a Bronco Sport wheel, as well. So I believe there will be some very viable options so wanting cruise won't necessarily force you into an XLT.

1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 31

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Ya9nXgMG7mW1fkZxhg9wnrAPvgyptE3ba5y5EJc4jOkFXrmsgGh5qGGl0pL7wQ30