1 ... 7 8 9
03Panther
03Panther New Reader
11/29/19 10:34 p.m.
nimblemotorsports said:

In reply to CrashDummy :

And perhaps most importantly Ford was not preventing Miles from driving the car, so really the entire movie is a collection of made-up drama. The falsehoods were interesting to watch, but otherwise badly misrepresenting the true history.

Almost all "true" history has a lot of liberty's taken from the tellers point of view. And if it wasn't being distributed for entertainment, it'd be a documentary, and wouldn't be in mainstream theater! 

I do enjoy the discussions of the differences, half of which I didn't know, but I went for entertainment.

grover
grover GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
11/30/19 8:37 a.m.

went and saw the movie last night by myslelf, heated power reclining seats are awesome. 
the movie was great! I really really enjoyed it. 

Robbie
Robbie GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/30/19 10:19 a.m.

Re: shifting, staring, pressing gas further on the mulsanne.

If you think about slowing down time, the staredown to attempt to outbrake the other driver is legit. Especially going 200+ in a 60s car, near the end of a 24 hour endurance race.

Seeing it in that light, I can also imagine that not everyone was going 10/10ths at the end of the back straight every lap. The time you make is miniscule and the cost in terms of mechanical wear is large.

BlueInGreen - Jon
BlueInGreen - Jon SuperDork
11/30/19 11:23 a.m.

I saw it again with my brother and my second take is that the movie really does make an effort to give a look into real life road racing. It’s little bits like showing Ken in the Willow Springs race pass someone by outbraking and the emphasis on keeping the rpms down to make an engine last in an endurance race .

I was talking to someone about champcar awhile back and they surprised that racecar drivers would even use the brakes. So I’m sure a lot of people learned something from this movie.

In that regard, the LeMans sequence was good but the last lap pass at Daytona was a bit over the top.

Pushrod
Pushrod Reader
6/24/20 12:51 a.m.

In reply to bobzilla :

Josh Lucas. Try the movie Around The Bend (w/Christopher Walken) if you want to watch a good 'un. :)

EricM
EricM SuperDork
12/12/22 1:45 p.m.

so, I happened to watch this movie on Hulu last night.

They probably should have called it "The Ken Miles Biopic"

Still, a really well done movie.

1 ... 7 8 9

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
tSK0OUqGQSTRmpT9EN7v4gU9hEVNzTAwwbkVTASFxL783oo851UkCDGTL2Dlv51o