1 ... 58 59 60 61 62 ... 99
Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy MegaDork
10/16/21 6:36 p.m.
Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy MegaDork
10/16/21 6:53 p.m.

Second, there have been a lot of videos of F1 guys in Texas already.  I wonder how many will be at the Cup race tomorrow?  I'd almost bet on Lewis being in Bubba's pit for a while.

I'm also waiting for Ricciardo to show up on the Dale Jr download.  There is a reason he's #3.

bruceman
bruceman Reader
10/19/21 4:23 p.m.

Looking forward to this weekend. Danica Patrick commentating with Skysports?

bmw88rider
bmw88rider GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
10/19/21 8:58 p.m.

Good. Glad I am working . Not a fan of Danica announcing. She brings nothing of relevance to a F1 broadcast. 

Advan046
Advan046 UltraDork
10/20/21 7:46 a.m.
bmw88rider said:

Good. Glad I am working . Not a fan of Danica announcing. She brings nothing of relevance to a F1 broadcast. 

I will have to if she is as bad as you think. I didn’t know she has commented on races in the past. 

I always hoped she would go to F1 out of formula Atlantic. But ended up in Indy and did good then Nascar which I figured was a mistake on her part but then realized probably she had few other offers. 

She is our Michele Mouton! 

Advan046
Advan046 UltraDork
10/23/21 10:39 a.m.

Hmm,  my cable service did have qualifying and the race in the programming guide.

I set to record both for the us gp.

This morning I was checking for what channel FP3 will be on and see no more F1 programming my scheduled recordings are gone. Anyone else experiencing it?

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy MegaDork
10/23/21 11:14 a.m.
Advan046 said:
bmw88rider said:

I will have to if she is as bad as you think. I didn’t know she has commented on races in the past. 

I always hoped she would go to F1 out of formula Atlantic. But ended up in Indy and did good then Nascar which I figured was a mistake on her part but then realized probably she had few other offers. 

She is our Michele Mouton! 

Except Michelle won some stuff.  

Danica is a waste of air time as a comentator.

loosecannon
loosecannon SuperDork
10/23/21 1:32 p.m.

Except Michelle won some stuff.  

Danica is a waste of air time as a comentator.

There are several other female and a couple of male Formula 1 commentators that have zero racing experience and we don't ask why they are there, so why pick on Danica, who has a E36 M3 ton of racing experience and has actually won some stuff? I get it if she had nothing to offer but she actually does know a thing or two about going fast.

Tom1200
Tom1200 UltraDork
10/23/21 1:59 p.m.

FP3 and Qualifying are on one of the lesser ESPN channels. Either some one in sales and marketing decided that this was a way to get more people to sign up or it got trumped by college football.

No wonder I still feel like sports channels treat us like second class citizens, despite the fact the coverage is light years ahead if where it was when I started watching F1 40+ years ago.

alfadriver
alfadriver MegaDork
10/23/21 2:19 p.m.

In reply to loosecannon :

Martin Brundle and Danica Patrick have the same number of F1 wins.  And he was on better teams than any of the other commentators. 

MrFancypants
MrFancypants Reader
10/23/21 3:18 p.m.
Tom1200 said:

FP3 and Qualifying are on one of the lesser ESPN channels. Either some one in sales and marketing decided that this was a way to get more people to sign up or it got trumped by college football.

No wonder I still feel like sports channels treat us like second class citizens, despite the fact the coverage is light years ahead if where it was when I started watching F1 40+ years ago.

I'd heard rumors that Netflix was trying to pick up streaming rights to F1. If they did I'd probably watch it again.

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy MegaDork
10/23/21 5:52 p.m.

In reply to loosecannon :

I will grant that Danica is both a better driver, and a better broadcaster, than Michael Waltrip.

Tom1200
Tom1200 UltraDork
10/24/21 2:09 p.m.

In reply to Streetwiseguy :

ABC avoided 99% of the dumbed down coverage pre-race that they often do.

bruceman
bruceman Reader
10/24/21 3:32 p.m.

Wow awesome race. Looks like Red Bull have turned the corner.

Tom1200
Tom1200 UltraDork
10/24/21 3:39 p.m.

Verstappen worked hard for that one.

New York Nick
New York Nick GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
10/24/21 3:43 p.m.

That was a good one. Would have been better if Hamilton caught him though...

alfadriver
alfadriver MegaDork
10/24/21 4:26 p.m.
Tom1200 said:

Verstappen worked hard for that one.

Seeing how he "burned" through the first set of hards, I really didn't expect him to keep them alive that many laps.  And it's really looking like Red Bull is going to win this.

06HHR (Forum Supporter)
06HHR (Forum Supporter) Dork
10/24/21 4:51 p.m.

In reply to alfadriver :

Red Bull clearly has the dominant car now, and they own the Mexico City course. Mercedes concentration on 2022 seems to have hurt them this season.

alfadriver
alfadriver MegaDork
10/24/21 4:54 p.m.

In reply to 06HHR (Forum Supporter) :

And hurt is relative- other than this season, they dominated this entire version of F1.  So it's not as if they never won it.   Plus, Merc is getting less time to develop next year's car than the rest of the field- so it may pay off.

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy MegaDork
10/24/21 5:05 p.m.

Barring a Red Bull failure, this is Maxes season.  Lewis is still right there, but Merc is not.

Next year is going to be fascinating.  If Merc is putting effort to 22, and RB is going for 21, who is powerful next year?  Or is it McLaren and Ferrari fighting for the championship because Merc and RB spent their efforts now?  

Such fun.  Much speedy.  All go.

racerfink
racerfink UltraDork
10/24/21 5:05 p.m.

Max has the most dominant car, BY FAR, this season, and he’s barely hanging on.

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy MegaDork
10/24/21 5:28 p.m.

It doesn't really come up very often, but is Haas going to be any better next year?  Do they suck because they are spending all their money on next year, do they suck because they have no drivers, or do they just suck?

alfadriver
alfadriver MegaDork
10/24/21 5:38 p.m.

In reply to Streetwiseguy :

As a "fan", I'm hoping it's a combination of your first and second points.  

They bailed on 2021 before the season even started, so the idea that they even have changes is a big win for them.  It's very much going to be a Jr Ferrari, and they had a pretty significant re-org that I recently heard about.  So from a car standpoint- it really does look like they will be different next year.

From drivers, though, hearing Gene getting tired of spending that much money, this seems like it will become Mazapan F1 soon, which means they will easily have the worst driver in F1, still.

But it sure is possible that they just suck.

The one thing I would really hope for is that Steiner get booted out.  I know they have been very constrained, but it sure seems that many of his decisions are what put them on the back foot a few years ago.  Thank you Poor Energy.

Tom1200
Tom1200 UltraDork
10/24/21 5:56 p.m.

In reply to alfadriver :

I am an unashamed Hamilton fan but it appears he is going to have to dig even deeper.

loosecannon
loosecannon SuperDork
10/24/21 6:19 p.m.
Tom1200 said:

In reply to alfadriver :

I am an unashamed Hamilton fan but it appears he is going to have to dig even deeper.

I don't think there was anything deeper to dig for, Lewis drove flawlessly but the Red Bull was just so much better

1 ... 58 59 60 61 62 ... 99

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
eNlMQVx9vAoalVJK0FYrAdqSzz4dZZNjJ4pHixPBtDMpBxd0CjXULBLJPZzb1AhH