L5wolvesf
L5wolvesf HalfDork
9/15/22 8:44 a.m.

In reply to Streetwiseguy :

I did too 

06HHR (Forum Supporter)
06HHR (Forum Supporter) Dork
9/16/22 1:07 p.m.

Colton Herta staying in Indy Car for now, the Alpha Tauri deal is off. 

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/hertas-f1-switch-off-as-red-bull-abandons-efforts/10370216/

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/16/22 1:09 p.m.

So the FIA isn't going to bend the rules. Poor Red Bull.

jharry3
jharry3 GRM+ Memberand Dork
9/16/22 1:54 p.m.
jmabarone said:
NY Nick said:

Why don't they just have the lapped cars pull to the right and slow down and fall to the back, change their lap electronically and save all the shenanigans. They should be able to shuffle 20 cars in a straight away. 

Better question to me (as pointed out by Kyle Petty) is why give them the lap back at all?  The leader has rightfully pulled a lap on that person.  That person gets a free lap because we have to get the "out of position" cars back in position.  Not fair to the leader/lead lap cars that have driven faster over the given distance.  

Personally I think that drivers that have been in a lapped position for 10 laps should have to drop out of the race.   

And I think its totally unfair to let lapped drivers get back the lap they already lost.

codrus (Forum Supporter)
codrus (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
9/16/22 3:31 p.m.
jharry3 said:

Personally I think that drivers that have been in a lapped position for 10 laps should have to drop out of the race.   

So the 2008 British Grand Prix would have had only 3 finishers?

alfadriver
alfadriver MegaDork
9/18/22 6:43 a.m.

So it looks that Herta's f1 hopes have been dashed. 

bruceman
bruceman Reader
9/18/22 11:51 a.m.

Maybe Logan Sargeant has the best shot at being the next American in F1

MiniDave
MiniDave Reader
9/18/22 12:00 p.m.

Rumors are strong that Nick DeVries is going to Alpha Tauri and Gasly going to Alpine after all......

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
9/19/22 7:11 a.m.
jharry3 said:
jmabarone said:
NY Nick said:

Why don't they just have the lapped cars pull to the right and slow down and fall to the back, change their lap electronically and save all the shenanigans. They should be able to shuffle 20 cars in a straight away. 

Better question to me (as pointed out by Kyle Petty) is why give them the lap back at all?  The leader has rightfully pulled a lap on that person.  That person gets a free lap because we have to get the "out of position" cars back in position.  Not fair to the leader/lead lap cars that have driven faster over the given distance.  

And I think its totally unfair to let lapped drivers get back the lap they already lost.

I don't think lapped driver's should have to drop out.

But I will admit, the way they screwed up the finish last year, I've only watched one race this year (opening race, a friend of ours made a balla ass spread of middle eastern food) and have barely been keeping up with it like I normally do.

I know my one stream/view doesn't matter.

kevlarcorolla
kevlarcorolla Dork
9/19/22 8:22 a.m.

In reply to z31maniac :

You've missed out on some very good racing for 2nd on down thru the field.

jmabarone
jmabarone Reader
9/19/22 8:28 a.m.

+1 to that

Max's dominance aside, the racing this season has been pretty good.  Cars can follow each other more closely and we get some fun side by side stuff like the Perez, Alonso, Hamilton battle at Silverstone.  

06HHR (Forum Supporter)
9/23/22 11:55 a.m.

Well, the worst-kept secret in F1 is out:

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/article.williams-announce-they-will-part-ways-with-latifi-at-the-end-of-2022.2sCmC3LBpGoSuEGDyHe6RH.html

If everyone is expecting something to happen, is it news when it actually does?

Keith Tanner
9/23/22 12:05 p.m.

Ricciardo to Williams :D

MiniDave
MiniDave Reader
9/23/22 1:04 p.m.

I'd like to  see Nick go to Williams, with Albon. I think they could be a pretty dynamic team, and would lift Williams out of the dead last category every week.

Advan046
Advan046 UberDork
9/28/22 7:39 p.m.
Keith Tanner said:

Ricciardo to Williams :D

It will be an interesting seat to fill.

MiniDave
MiniDave Reader
9/29/22 5:10 p.m.

If I had my choices, Nyck would go to Williams, Danny Ricky Bobby to "Alpeen" and Mick Schumacher would stay at HAAS for another season.

None of this would make Gasly happy, but he has a pretty good situation at Alpha Tauri....

Keith Tanner
9/29/22 5:51 p.m.

Nyck put himself in a very good place at just the right time. How often does a rookie have three teams interested?

06HHR (Forum Supporter)
9/30/22 9:21 a.m.

Mercedes have been hinting they will be fast at Singapore, so far they are competitive with Hamilton topping FP1 and so far in the top two in FP2 (Sainz just put down a flyer).  

06HHR (Forum Supporter)
9/30/22 10:06 a.m.

Ferraris on top of FP2 (Sainz then LeClerc), Mercedes 3rd (Russel) and 5th (Hamilton).  Verstappen in 4th but only did seven laps.  Perez in 9th.

jharry3
jharry3 GRM+ Memberand Dork
9/30/22 10:55 a.m.
codrus (Forum Supporter) said:
jharry3 said:

So the 2008 British Grand Prix would have had only 3 finishers?

Obviously.    F1 is an engineering race series.  NASCAR, with its pedantic spec rules, is a driver's race series.

adam525i
adam525i GRM+ Memberand Dork
10/1/22 10:04 a.m.

Redbull must be right up against the budget cap if they don't have enough fuel for Max to finish qualifying lol.

alfadriver
alfadriver MegaDork
10/1/22 10:05 a.m.

That was some interesting qualifying.  And it will be interesting to hear why Max bailed on what looked to be a pole lap as instructed.  Maybe he was out of fuel.  

Hamilton came as close as the season so far for a pole start.  

LeClerc keeps some hope open for the championship with that pole, though.  Especially with Max starting that far back.

Advan046
Advan046 UberDork
10/1/22 11:54 a.m.

It was an interesting grid with the wet road surface that persisted through qualifying. 

I think the Redbulls had some organizational issues or hidden technical issues. They are just having a tough weekend. I figure they will do well regardless in the race. Not much to do but see if and when the safety car or VSCs happen as they may determine the race more than anything else. 

alfadriver
alfadriver MegaDork
10/1/22 12:17 p.m.

In reply to Advan046 :

The teams seemed a little shocked how long it took for the track to dry out- but considering the environment- that's hardly a surprising outcome.  Guess it shows that most of the people on the pit wall are from England vs. the tropics.

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy MegaDork
10/1/22 3:25 p.m.

Max was piiissed when he got called in from what was going to pole.  Apparently they hadn't fueled enough, and would have started 20th if they couldn't come up with the liter fuel sample.

Lewis may have a chance Sunday.  Ferrari will screw up somehow, Sergio may not have the needed speed, and Lewis certainly has had speed there in the past.

Might be a good race.

1 ... 74 75 76 77 78 ... 93

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
zBfYLZmOBm2aqNGrUoSYtozA0uJdEvjIjQFzxuL1sqNUybND3I2BfrF7rZBB8M2N