1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 57
NY Nick
NY Nick GRM+ Memberand Dork
2/28/23 9:00 a.m.

In reply to trigun7469 :

I'm in for F1TV again. It streams to my Samsung smart TV or an Apple TV with no problems. I have a fire stick on a TV that I have never wanted to use to watch a race so I can't attest to that one.

trigun7469
trigun7469 UltraDork
2/28/23 11:06 a.m.

In reply to NY Nick :

TV Pro subscription? I was happy with Pro but like the price of TV Access I heard it was a 2 day delay on access to the race and I would essentionally need to be off the internet and all forms of social media for 2 days laugh.

kevlarcorolla
kevlarcorolla Dork
3/2/23 12:16 p.m.

Aston with Alonso going to show the way to the Mercs?

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy MegaDork
3/2/23 12:40 p.m.

How long do you get with the F1TV app to watch stuff?  I'm not always available at the time of broadcast...

Asphalt_Gundam
Asphalt_Gundam HalfDork
3/3/23 11:07 a.m.

F1 app. I use the basic/entry level. Its is a 2 day delay of access but meh. I'm ok with that, saves money and I'm usually busy on the weekends anyway. Watch on the TV with a firestick. Worked great all last year. 

Streetwiseguy: Once its available it stays that way as far as I know. I signed up last year a few races in and was able to go back to the all the previous stuff.

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/3/23 11:25 a.m.
kevlarcorolla said:

Aston with Alonso going to show the way to the Mercs?

You know that if you asked Alonso he'd say yes :) Good to see another challenger on the grid, though. 

Man, it's fun to look back at the evolution of the teams. Jordan became Midland became Spyker became Force India became Force India Racing Point (sorta but not really but it really did) became Racing Point became Aston Martin. Meanwhile, Mercedes is Tyrell!

NY Nick
3/3/23 12:08 p.m.

Maybe the hype train is stronger than I thought...

I didn't expect to see Merc at the top of the board but way farther back than I thought. 

MiniDave
MiniDave Reader
3/3/23 2:32 p.m.

I think it will be great to see another team at the sharp end of the grid, and how about the Hulk in FP2? Where Kmag seems lost with his setup......

Overall, it's early days and with such limited testing teams are still feeling their way along.

Interesting vid of Stroll and how he holds the wheel thru some of the really tight turns with his wrist issues.

Looking forward to qually tomorrow.....Alonso on poll? Could be?

kevlarcorolla
kevlarcorolla Dork
3/3/23 2:56 p.m.

In reply to Keith Tanner :

That makes my head hurt trying to keep up with ownership changes the last couple decades alone. :)

I've never rooted for a team,always been a driver supporter.....when Lewis took it to Alonso in his rookie season he became my guy ;)

But despite Alonso being Alonso I still love to see him wringing the neck of anything he gets in.

loosecannon
loosecannon SuperDork
3/3/23 4:37 p.m.

This has been the hardest time I've had picking my Fantasy Formula 1 team ever. I have Alonso,Magnussen,Hulkenberg,Zhou and Sainz, with Red Bull as my team. I just want anybody but Max to win and will cheer for anybody that brings the fight to him (or crashes directly into him, I'm not fussy)

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy MegaDork
3/4/23 7:25 a.m.

I ponied up the dough last night, and now have an unlimited amount of F1 to watch.  Just have to get used to a different group of talking heads.  Plus, I can always get Ted's notebook on YouTube, which was my favorite part of the sky coverage.

triumph7
triumph7 HalfDork
3/4/23 7:42 a.m.
Streetwiseguy said:

I ponied up the dough last night, and now have an unlimited amount of F1 to watch.  Just have to get used to a different group of talking heads.  Plus, I can always get Ted's notebook on YouTube, which was my favorite part of the sky coverage.

I'm liking it so far, esp not having to listen to the Sky commentary.  Has me trying to bring in another screen!

Keith Tanner
3/4/23 10:21 a.m.

We used to watch Channel4 whenever possible because of their commentary team, especially pre-race. They didn't have a full schedule unfortunately. 

Then NBC lost the contract and ESPN made it easy to watch with no commercials (thank you Mothers) so that was the easy option. I don't mind the Sky team that much, they're a lot better than NBC was. 

NY Nick
3/4/23 11:27 a.m.

I like being able to switch to the different commentators. Sometimes Crofty is good, sometimes I prefer the alternate. 

Fun qualifying session this morning. Lots of closeness in the field. 

Javelin
Javelin GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/4/23 5:02 p.m.

Man Alonso is looking really good in the Aston. McLaren to the back. Hulk in the Haas looking good too!

MiniDave
MiniDave Reader
3/4/23 5:24 p.m.

Hmmmm.........seemed like a lot of the same old same old to me, 2 Reds Bull in front, 2 Ferraris right behind, Mercs down the order just a bit, Alonso in 5th like he was last year in the Alpine and so on....

Smart money says the Ferraris are having tire deg problems which is why they decided not to contest for pole and "save" a set of softs, and yet the same smart money says the hard tires will be the ones to win the race. So it will be fun to see what the teams all start on tomorrow (since they changed the rule about starting on the tires you qually on) Good for the Hulk to come into a new car/new team and be mid field (literally, he's 10 out of 20!) right off the bat! Don't know what's up with Kmag but he never could get his car quite right to suit him all weekend.

None of the newbies looked particularly inspiring, tho it's real early days yet.

I would like it very much if the announcing team didn't feel like they all had to talk non-stop the whole program - are they being paid by the word?

06HHR (Forum Supporter)
06HHR (Forum Supporter) SuperDork
3/4/23 8:16 p.m.
Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy MegaDork
3/4/23 8:29 p.m.

So, then...  Is the Aston really that much better, or is Fernando just that much better than Seb?

I'm not prepared to accept anything until Sunday afternoon, and even then...

I will suggest that Max is going to be the guy again this year.  I sure haven't seen anything to suggest otherwise.

Probably the most important question-Can Ferrari keep the oily parts inside, where they belong?

Wattage
Wattage New Reader
3/4/23 9:55 p.m.

I think Vettel's heart was just not so into it anymore and Alonso wants to prove he isn't done, a bit of fire maybe

loosecannon
loosecannon SuperDork
3/4/23 10:56 p.m.
Wattage said:

I think Vettel's heart was just not so into it anymore and Alonso wants to prove he isn't done, a bit of fire maybe

The difference is that Seb has kids and Alonso does not. Seb started to slow down as soon as the kids arrived 

Keith Tanner
3/5/23 12:27 a.m.

What's the gap between Stroll and his teammate relative to last year?

I don't think Seb was ever one of the fastest drivers on the grid in terms of wheel to wheel ability. I'm not a big fan of Alonso as a person - I would not want him to drive for me - but he's great in traffic and can pull out a fast lap when he needs to. 

Keith Tanner
3/5/23 11:10 a.m.

Hamilton vs Alonso is the sort of racing we were hoping for from Max and Lewis two years ago. I could watch that all season.

wae
wae PowerDork
3/5/23 11:25 a.m.

McLaren, Ocon, and Ferrari are definitely having a day to forget, but damn Alonso looks amazing out there.

NY Nick
3/5/23 11:48 a.m.

Does Lewis not have the car or not have the fire? His leadership is what endears him to me and that has been on full display for the past few years but I just cringe when he gets passed like he did by Alonso. Like well here you go. Same with the attack on Carlos. After watching him get passed by Alonso it seems like he had the raw speed to put a move on Carlos and almost chose not to. Ugh, I really want to see #8 and I really don't want to see Max win 15 more races but that's where we look to be. 

Javelin
Javelin GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/5/23 12:23 p.m.

Alonso!!!

Wow what a drive! Aston might be fighting for 2nd in the WDC. Ferrari looked pathetic again on strategy and reliability. Bottas was awesome. Disappointing day for Hulk and Haas. Did a Williams really score a point?!?

1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 57

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
wdeV4Xc7Hc9Z4ZoWpfn47HVV0cmTob8V7K8Md4oWZR7AtF1lrHTLSzd4P0Zcqswf