1 ... 40 41 42
wae
wae SuperDork
11/29/18 1:02 p.m.

In reply to trigun7469 :

I would think, given their relative experience and the teams behaviour through the 2018 season, Gasly and LeClerc would be pretty clear second chairs to their respective teammates.  Granted, it will be interesting because those guys will both have a lot to prove and they'll be pushing hard to extricate themselves from the #2 position, but as far as the teams are concerned, I think it'll play out pretty obviously.

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/29/18 1:06 p.m.
Streetwiseguy said:

The aero changes will be interesting.  I'm trying to figure out whether Red Bull stands to suffer or gain- They currently have the best aero package, so will they lose more, or will their overall package suffer less than the others?

I will also be interested to see whether Lewis and team can drag the Merc to the front again.  I still think Merc was the second best car for a lot of this past season.  Best team, though.

The thing is - only Mercedes has both a driver and a team that knows how to win championships. Red Bull has some memory of how to win championships, but no driver who's ever been in the fight. Ferrari has a driver who has won championships, but the team hasn't won one in over a decade. Winning championships is a very different thing from winning races. That gives Mercedes a real advantage.

Jimmacsrx7
Jimmacsrx7 New Reader
11/29/18 7:19 p.m.

In reply to Keith Tanner : I have felt all year that Mercedes were just playing with Ferrari. They were constantly heaping too much praise on them..faster car etc..I felt they were trying to make for a more dramatic season after winning 80% of the races in the turbo hybrid era. Seb putting it in the fence while leading his home GP then screwing qualifying order up giving pole to kimi, then blowing race strategy..I felt Mercedes wanted Ferrari to have a bit of a lead so they could come from behind and make things exciting and dramatic. They had the pace and the best driver. Hamilton was amazing this year in all conditions, especially qualifying. It will be interesting to see how Seb responds, because I think he knows he was being toyed with. I like him and hope it lights a fire under him to bring the fight to Lewis.

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/29/18 9:16 p.m.

I don’t think Mercedes was sandbagging. I think they would have been happy with the top two steps on the podium in every single race along with the front row lockouts.  Total domination is much better marketing than being the scrappy underdog who sneaks away with the win. 

trigun7469
trigun7469 SuperDork
12/3/18 12:48 p.m.

https://youtu.be/XCJTf6E4BbY

I will add to my initial wonderment if the more specs to the chassis will be a disadvantage for Red Bull.

1 ... 40 41 42

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
hJ3QGkB5AetkoofVR6YmoNODNsp0PS4BuOTZvrOcyE0KjILjLM7f1pMMU18EodLk