1 ... 41 42 43 44 45 46
racerfink
racerfink UltraDork
11/17/19 1:12 p.m.

Very contrasting interviews there. Leclerc being very mature, and Vettel being the petulant child.

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/17/19 1:17 p.m.
racerfink said:

Very contrasting interviews there. Leclerc being very mature, and Vettel being the petulant child.

Vettel said he didn’t have any room on the right. Umm, he may change that tune when he looks at the replays. 

Congrats to Max for getting into multiple wheel to wheel fights without actually having an accident. That’s a big step up - seriously. 

alfadriver
alfadriver MegaDork
11/17/19 1:19 p.m.
Keith Tanner said:
racerfink said:

Vettel said he didn’t have any room on the right. Umm, he may change that tune when he looks at the replays. 

Congrats to Max for getting into multiple wheel to wheel fights without actually having an accident. That’s a big step up - seriously. 

You are talking about Sebastian Vettel, you know.  I don't see him actually changing his opinion.

Tom1200
Tom1200 Dork
11/17/19 1:20 p.m.

Vettel really needs (as do all of the drivers) ditch the squeeze people on the straights but F1 continues to allow it much to my dismay.

Lewis said it was all on him so kudos to him. 

Overall a pretty crazy and entertaining race.

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy MegaDork
11/17/19 1:21 p.m.

New logo for Seb.

Keith Tanner
11/17/19 1:25 p.m.

Vettel has been doing a lot of squeezing on the straights over the last couple of races, it’s been working for him. He put Lewis on the grass into the first turn just recently, didn’t he? Backfired this time. 

Advan046
Advan046 UltraDork
11/17/19 1:28 p.m.

Albon!!!!!!!!!

Almost!!!

Hey who said Gasley didn't need more time???? Well?devil

bentwrench
bentwrench SuperDork
11/17/19 1:32 p.m.

What Hamilton did was more overt than what Seb did.

I don't think he deserved the finish he got.

Vettel however should be on his knees begging for forgiveness from his co-driver and his team.  He took out his teammate AGAIN!

I was offended for Gasly as Rubens dis'd him by expecting him to stand there while he interviewed Hamilton who finished BEHIND Gasly.

Both Gasly and Max were hero's of today's race.

And kudo's to Albon for not crying about getting punted. Ham'y drove into that hole expecting Albon to yield

alfadriver
alfadriver MegaDork
11/17/19 1:33 p.m.
Advan046 said:

Albon!!!!!!!!!

Almost!!!

Well done to Gasley, for sure; but Albon really raced hard- the pass on Vettel was sweet.  I still think it was the right move.

racerfink
racerfink UltraDork
11/17/19 1:35 p.m.

In reply to bentwrench :

That’s funny.

alfadriver
alfadriver MegaDork
11/17/19 1:37 p.m.
bentwrench said:

What Hamilton did was more overt than what Seb did.

I don't think he deserved the finish he got.

Vettel however should be on his knees begging for forgiveness from his co-driver and his team.  He took out his teammate AGAIN!

I disagree- Hamilton tried to take a spot that may have not been there.  Albon left the door open enough, and then he turned into Lewis.  And in the end, Lewis took responsibility and apologized a few times on the air.

On the very much other hand, Vettel drove into his team mate after passing him.  There was no reason for that, and Charles had the fresher tires to go after Albon anyway.  Seb was way, way worse, as I see it.  Seb was also likely pissed that he could not pass Albon back- so he wanted to keep on that spot.

Seb was way more overt in doing something stupid- that was childish, as were his comments after the race.

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy MegaDork
11/17/19 1:38 p.m.

Lewis made a move that was a bit high risk.  He finished third, barring any penalties.

Valteri didn't make any committed moves on Chuck, despite ten years and tires with 15 or 20 fewer laps.

Who wins more?  Who generally makes those high risk moves work? Who is more fun to watch?

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy MegaDork
11/17/19 1:40 p.m.

And Reubens should apologise to Pierre.

bentwrench
bentwrench SuperDork
11/17/19 1:57 p.m.
alfadriver said:

I disagree- Hamilton tried to take a spot that may have not been there.  Albon left the door open enough, and then he turned into Lewis.  And in the end, Lewis took responsibility and apologized a few times on the air.

If positions were reversed I don't think it would be looked at the same.

Albon braked late and was making a late apex and in the last few feet (after Albon was committed) Hamilton drove in, late and admitted it. No driver racing for position would purposely swing wide and give up the position. Albon did not spin in front of Hamilton he got punted.

Maybe I'm not looking at it right and Hamilton was along side earlier, have to look at the replays to see. 

How long until the officials make a determination? Tuesday?

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy MegaDork
11/17/19 2:03 p.m.

I have cleaned up my garage a bit, and feel like it's been long enough to defend Mr Prancing Goat... There was a phenomenal amount of damage due to the wheels hitting exactly wrong.  An inch ahead or back and it would have barely warranted discussion.  Also, anybody but Seb, and we wouldn't be making as big a deal, but he has cemented his reputation over the last couple of years, hasn't he?

06HHR
06HHR Dork
11/17/19 2:21 p.m.

Motorsports.com just announced Hamilton off the podium. 5 second time penalty  Hamilton loses podium

johndej
johndej HalfDork
11/17/19 2:29 p.m.

That pushes him all the way to 7th with Sainz to the podium followed by Raikkonen, Giovinazzi, and Ricciardo. 

Advan046
Advan046 UltraDork
11/17/19 4:27 p.m.

Lewis did try the "new F1" style of passing, of sticking your car into the way of the other car and hope the other car stops trying to make the apex. Albon did leave a large bit of room and I think he didn't realize that Hamilton was losing ground to the redbulls and Ferraris on the straight. So Hamilton had to try somewhere else. But Hamilton screwed up. 

Very unfair result for Albon. 

white_fly
white_fly HalfDork
11/17/19 4:27 p.m.

So, I understand the late safety car helped things, but what an incredible race yet again! I know the refrain is that F1 is broken, F1 needs more passing, F1 is E36 M3 because....

BUT there have been at least a half dozen races this year that were brilliant to watch and the top three teams are as close as they've ever been. I am really, really pleased with the state of F1 and I expect all that will happen in 2021 is the teams will be stratified yet again. 

About the only thing I'm not loving is Vettel.

Advan046
Advan046 UltraDork
11/17/19 4:31 p.m.

Also Albon loses a realistic chance for 6th in the drivers championship. 

Alfa did great!

Hurray for Sainz last to third. Awesome!!

Advan046
Advan046 UltraDork
11/17/19 5:23 p.m.
alfadriver said:
Advan046 said:

Albon!!!!!!!!!

Almost!!!

Well done to Gasley, for sure; but Albon really raced hard- the pass on Vettel was sweet.  I still think it was the right move.

I agree it was the right move just messing with you. Albon is rising on my list of drivers I like. 

759NRNG
759NRNG UltraDork
11/17/19 6:57 p.m.
Advan046 said:

Lewis did try the "new F1" style of passing, of sticking your car into the way of the other car and hope the other car stops trying to make the apex. Albon did leave a large bit of room and I think he didn't realize that Hamilton was losing ground to the redbulls and Ferraris on the straight. So Hamilton had to try somewhere else. But Hamilton screwed up. 

Very unfair result for Albon. 

This right here speaks volumes thank you ....Advan046........basically the truth.....the new regime made their presence known and it was somewhat not readily accepted.....y'all   wink

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
11/17/19 7:16 p.m.

Poor Albon. The idea that Honda power was that close to taking all 3 podium spots is crazy. 

Fun race to watch though. 

Keith Tanner
11/17/19 7:22 p.m.

It’s been made clear that more aggression is acceptable this year. We have been celebrating it. Hamilton tried a Max move and it didn’t work - but given the circumstances, anyone would have done it. It was a high risk move but he had to go for it. It’s a shame it’ll mess up Albion’s results, but it’s more of a shame the way that Vettel took 3rd in the championship away from his teammate on a move that wasn’t even a move. 

Of course, LeClerc made a serious feint at..Sainz?...earlier in the race. From the camera angle, it looked like a radical swerve that scared the McLaren to the other side of the track. That was uncool.

I do find it funny that Torro Rossi is intended to be the feeder team for RB, but really it’s full of their rejects. 

alfadriver
alfadriver MegaDork
11/17/19 7:23 p.m.
bentwrench said:
alfadriver said:

If positions were reversed I don't think it would be looked at the same.

Albon braked late and was making a late apex and in the last few feet (after Albon was committed) Hamilton drove in, late and admitted it. No driver racing for position would purposely swing wide and give up the position. Albon did not spin in front of Hamilton he got punted.

Maybe I'm not looking at it right and Hamilton was along side earlier, have to look at the replays to see. 

How long until the officials make a determination? Tuesday?

Hamilton tried to take a place he should not have done.  And Albon drove into him- not that Alex did anything wrong- he just had no idea Lewis was there.

Vettel drove into his teammate.  And he claimed he was being squeezed over (he was not), even though the replay clearly shows him trying to cut across LeClerc.

No way are they the same thing.

1 ... 41 42 43 44 45 46

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
bNtbhNyJhmpdtyJf1RUqhz9Jmdy92DDetZVXQmJ6EQWaLeOUmXMSGl3ThDIhHQJa