JG Pasterjak
JG Pasterjak Production/Art Director
7/21/15 1:34 p.m.
feature_image

What started out so promising came to a rather anticlimactic mid-season pause as we lost the engine on our F Modified autocross KBS Formula 500. But we’ll get to that in minute.

Things were going extremely well. A fresh set of Hoosier slicks and a clutch setup from FormulaX-1 rewarded us with more than a few FTDs at local …

Read the rest of the story

motomoron
motomoron SuperDork
7/21/15 2:12 p.m.

And this is a big reason why I race an SCCA P2 car (The 17th place white #51 at UTCC least Friday)

When a motor pops, someone just totalled a Suzuki Hayabusa in the past day or so, and fresh motivation is a couple Gs away.

As I often say "cost contained racing is way too expensive for me"

Tom1200
Tom1200 Reader
7/21/15 11:34 p.m.

JG this is the reason I choose F500 as well. If you pop an engine there are cheap ones to be had, they are cheap enough that you could simple run them till they go south.

We have the much beloathed AMW but as I have a spare and parts I'm running the until the go kablamo because they cost nothing.

Tom

Jerry From LA
Jerry From LA Dork
7/22/15 2:09 a.m.

Could we get a story on the engine buildup, please? Would love to see a two-stroke go together properly.

Spinout007
Spinout007 GRM+ Memberand UberDork
7/22/15 1:20 p.m.
Jerry From LA wrote: Could we get a story on the engine buildup, please? Would love to see a two-stroke go together properly.

I second this!

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
2xy9o5FOnT1T8hyKKkrIcEHfKEBkJvkMe5GZpmBU8OEerOjdSHlq4kmmpMYD8cFh