NOHOME
NOHOME MegaDork
1/21/20 4:26 p.m.

Just go a notice in my inbox that Hagerty is including free MOTORTREND access for a year with my  classic car insurance coverage. That and a nice monthly magazine!

Be back in a month or so, gotz me some Roadkill episodes to catch up on!

adam525i
adam525i GRM+ Memberand Reader
1/21/20 5:08 p.m.

Hmm, no email here. I think I need to reach out to them.

Thanks for the heads up.

adam525i
adam525i GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
1/22/20 11:04 a.m.

Hagerty got back to me, apparently you need to be part of their drivers club which is an extra $55/year and gets you their magazine as well. It's a decent deal and better than just subscribing to motor trend but I'll probably pass. I wonder if they have been including the Drivers club with new policies to try to drive members to it as I know my Brother in-law gets the magazine with his account (and likely got the free year offer too).

Adam

spitfirebill
spitfirebill MegaDork
1/22/20 11:06 a.m.

I get it through my cable but it doesn't work about  1/2 the time.

02Pilot
02Pilot SuperDork
1/22/20 11:51 a.m.

The MT channel and MT On Demand are two different things. I'm assuming the Hagerty offer is for the latter, as I can't imagine how they would deliver the former. At $55/year it's probably not worth it if you don't want any of the stuff the Driver's Club offers. FWIW, I got MT On Demand last year around Father's Day when they had a 50% off special running - it's worth checking for deals. I know I will be when my subscription runs out.

docwyte
docwyte PowerDork
5/4/21 2:34 p.m.

Bringing this back from the dead, apparently Hagerty no longer offers MotorTrend OnDemand as part of their "Drivers Club" benefits.  My subscription for MotorTrend no longer works...

itsarebuild
itsarebuild GRM+ Memberand Dork
5/4/21 9:58 p.m.

Ugh. Was super excited since I just insured my track car with Hogarth.... then my ballon was popped. 

GTwannaB
GTwannaB GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
5/5/21 10:09 p.m.

Maybe the stopped doing the MT thing so they could spend the money on their Hagerty YouTube channel. It has some good content. I thought most of the MT content was not great when I still had cable. 

Javelin (Forum Supporter)
Javelin (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/5/21 10:42 p.m.

I just watched a new RK Garage and RK. My MTOD through Hagerty is still working so I dunno what's going on.

FWIW I have the Driver's Club or whatever it is, but it includes flatbed towing and roadside assistance, so it's worth it for that.

docwyte
docwyte PowerDork
5/6/21 8:02 a.m.

Apparently you only get one year of Motor Trend On Demand for free, it doesn't get renewed every time you renew your Hagerty Drivers Club.

5/6/21 8:21 a.m.

In reply to docwyte :

I literally just renewed in April.

docwyte
docwyte PowerDork
5/6/21 8:23 a.m.

In reply to Javelin (Forum Supporter) :

I renewed in March.  This is what I was told by both Hagerty and MotorTrend support when I contacted them two days ago.

5/6/21 8:26 a.m.

In reply to docwyte :

I wonder how long mine will last then. Maybe I'm like Milton.

GPz11 (Forum Supporter)
GPz11 (Forum Supporter) Reader
5/6/21 8:29 p.m.

Yeah, I just figured out my subscription expired too.

Stefan (Forum Supporter)
Stefan (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/6/21 9:03 p.m.

I canceled mine.  Outside of the 24hours of Le Mans, I don't really care.  Roadkill isn't the same and I have other things to keep me interested.

If they do the 24hours of Le Mans again, I'll just wait until it is available on Youtube or similar the week after because one of the things this lockdown has taught me was that streaming is great, but being on the cutting edge isn't worth it.

Loweguy5 (Forum Supporter)
Loweguy5 (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand Reader
5/8/21 9:46 p.m.

I got it free for being a loyal NASCAR ticket holder.  I got an email thanking me for my support and telling me I got a year of MT on demand for free.  Right around black Friday a couple of years ago I got it for 99c per month.  

We love it.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
g7yxNf7QnHxhFNwlRNtswfJTf6AjARSiR1kbtN9RVybRFWmWKXSSAc4pvfiNSWkP