1 2
iceracer
iceracer PowerDork
7/31/15 11:00 a.m.

Ford inadvertently let the posting of the price of the Focus RS slip out.

$36605

From what I have heard, that is right in the ball park.

stanger_missle
stanger_missle GRM+ Memberand Dork
7/31/15 11:03 a.m.
Harvey
Harvey GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
7/31/15 11:07 a.m.

Came here wondering why we were discussing the Scion FRS pricing. Focus RS just too much to type?

rcutclif
rcutclif GRM+ Memberand Dork
7/31/15 11:08 a.m.

Shouldn't it be "FoRS" (pronounced force) to stay in line with FiST and FoST? Also to separate it from the Scion FRS?

captdownshift
captdownshift GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
7/31/15 12:16 p.m.

may the FoRS be with you. Now I want to see one in black.

T.J.
T.J. UltimaDork
7/31/15 12:19 p.m.

After reading the comments to this thread I may quit this forum. I would like to see a comment like, "Yes, that is right in the ballpark! I can't wait to check out one of these cars in person."

captdownshift
captdownshift GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
7/31/15 12:30 p.m.

In reply to T.J.:

nope, no comments such as that due to the diesel only being available in automatic

Dr. Hess
Dr. Hess MegaDork
7/31/15 12:32 p.m.

I couldn't love GRM the magazine or the website more, and believe me, I don't like to be the P.C police or anything or the guy who has a problem with everything thing, but I do have a problem with this...

I find it a bit offensive that you use terms like "FRS," "FoRS," "FoRcE," "FOMOCO" and "FiST" etc etc... for your little descriptions or whatever in the avatars. I myself do not have special needs, nor am I a special ed teacher or counselor, but I feel sensitivity for people with special needs as I am a student taking special ed classes, and my Girlfriend is pursuing her masters in the field.

These terms although I'm pretty sure are not even real words, are obviously meant to resemble the words used to describe people with Quality Vehicle impairments, and it appears that they are used on these boards in a joking sense which, as I view it, makes light of people who are afflicted with vehicle purchasing disabilities.

Trackmouse
Trackmouse Reader
7/31/15 12:35 p.m.

Hey man, you just let the haters hate. hate is needed in this world. It literally makes the world go round.

T.J.
T.J. UltimaDork
7/31/15 12:41 p.m.

In reply to iceracer:

Sorry about the derailing of your thread. I couldn't resist.

Feedyurhed
Feedyurhed SuperDork
7/31/15 12:44 p.m.

Loaded at $42K, a little dealer gouging, taxes and misc. fees you could be in the mid $40K range. That's Audi S4 territory. Don't get me wrong I like the Focus RS but I don't like hatches and I don't want to be at that price point. We will see how it all plays out.

yupididit
yupididit GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
7/31/15 12:45 p.m.

In reply to Dr. Hess:

Uh what?

Jamey_from_Legal
Jamey_from_Legal Reader
7/31/15 12:52 p.m.

Yes, that is right in the ballpark! I can't wait to check out one of these cars in person.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
7/31/15 1:01 p.m.
T.J. wrote: After reading the comments to this thread I may quit this forum. I would like to see a comment like, "Are you kidding? Only suckers buy new cars. I can't wait to bitch mightily in about 5 years because no one bought these cars when they were new in exactly the configuration I want, and Ford discontinued them anyway."

Fixed that.

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
7/31/15 1:12 p.m.
captdownshift wrote: In reply to T.J.: nope, no comments such as that due to the diesel only being available in automatic

HAHAHAHAHAHA, oh god, I'm dying, I can't. stop. laughing. I think you broke me, you win the Internetz for the day.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
7/31/15 1:17 p.m.

I looked at the title and thought, just call any Scion dealer. They'll tell you in about 3 seconds.

Tom_Spangler
Tom_Spangler GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
7/31/15 1:17 p.m.
Duke wrote:
T.J. wrote: After reading the comments to this thread I may quit this forum. I would like to see a comment like, "Are you kidding? Only suckers buy new cars. I can't wait to bitch mightily in about 5 years because no one bought these cars when they were new in exactly the configuration I want, and Ford discontinued them anyway."
Fixed that.

You forgot the part about it being too heavy and full of modern technology.

rcutclif
rcutclif GRM+ Memberand Dork
7/31/15 1:20 p.m.
Tom_Spangler wrote:
Duke wrote:
Fixed that.
You forgot the part about it being too heavy and full of modern technology.

And forgot that you can buy an FD, a miata, and a used superbike for $35k.

turtl631
turtl631 Reader
7/31/15 1:40 p.m.

Evo X MR was low 40s. STI, Golf R are similar. I think the pricing is as expected especially considering significant power bump. Evo X was 2.0L, 290 hp, 3600 lbs, $40k+.

Vracer111
Vracer111 Reader
7/31/15 1:41 p.m.

...and surprise its the same it's been for the past 3 year models, $25k and change.

Oh, wait, you meant Ford Focus RS. Funny, when I google "2016 FRS" then only results that come back are for Scion FRS information...

Tom_Spangler
Tom_Spangler GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
7/31/15 2:10 p.m.
Vracer111 wrote: ...and surprise its the same it's been for the past 3 year models, $25k and change. Oh, wait, you meant Ford Focus RS. Funny, when I google "2016 FRS" then only results that come back are for Scion FRS information...

Well, since we're being pedantic (which I have no problem with, by the way), the Scion is technically the FR-S.

Vracer111
Vracer111 Reader
7/31/15 3:01 p.m.
Tom_Spangler wrote:
Vracer111 wrote: ...and surprise its the same it's been for the past 3 year models, $25k and change. Oh, wait, you meant Ford Focus RS. Funny, when I google "2016 FRS" then only results that come back are for Scion FRS information...
Well, since we're being pedantic (which I have no problem with, by the way), the Scion is technically the FR-S.

Ain't nobody got time for hyphens! If you want to really get technical though it's a Subaru product sold by Scion...just about every single piece on the car is stamped Subaru, even the Scion/Toyota badging...

Brett_Murphy
Brett_Murphy GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
7/31/15 3:03 p.m.

One of the big draws for this is that it is going to be a "domestic" brand, even though it is made in Germany.

I'm glad Ford is offering it, too. Having a new competitor now that the EVO is gone will keep the other makers on their toes.

HiTempguy
HiTempguy UberDork
7/31/15 3:29 p.m.

A Golf R is $40k cdn for the base (which is loaded). I think $45k cdn is too much, and I think $36.5kusd is also too much when a Focus ST is what, $23kusd?

Joe Gearin
Joe Gearin Associate Publisher
7/31/15 3:38 p.m.
Vracer111 wrote:
Tom_Spangler wrote:
Ain't nobody got time for hyphens! If you want to really get technical though it's a Subaru product sold by Scion...just about every single piece on the car is stamped Subaru, even the Scion/Toyota badging...

Actually it's a collaboration between Toyota and Subaru. Toyota/ Scion was responsible for the styling, and developed the intake system. Subaru did the rest of the drivetrain.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
vq4gBNOEyJBQcCzBudoPgW4VVvMwWDzMaeiDb7LKyvfLXY8xNE1EnE8BkZ32CytR