1 2
dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/31/15 3:50 p.m.

Here I am thinking this is a Subaru / Toyota thread. Ohwell moving on nothing to see here.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
7/31/15 4:28 p.m.

Too bad it took so long to get here. I would have entertained buying an original RS.

Bobzilla
Bobzilla UltimaDork
7/31/15 4:46 p.m.

OK, don't get me wrong, I think it's great we finally get our hands on the real RS. BUT.... for $40k you're in low mile C6Z, or stupid low mile C6 Grand Sport. I know where I'd rather have that money.

Coldsnap
Coldsnap Reader
7/31/15 4:48 p.m.

I still think the original RS with the two doors is better than the current sedan.

Are there reliability with these Focus RS, Fiesta ST, Golf GTI, ecoboost etc? Every time I see a sport package I think buying them new is a good idea and riding out a warrenty, but other than that I pass.

Mitchell
Mitchell UltraDork
7/31/15 5:38 p.m.
Bobzilla wrote: OK, don't get me wrong, I think it's great we finally get our hands on the real RS. BUT.... for $40k you're in low mile C6Z, or stupid low mile C6 Grand Sport. I know where I'd rather have that money.

Or 10 Focus SVTs, with 1700 hp, 20 driven wheels, and 60 forward manual gears.

flatlander937
flatlander937 GRM+ Memberand Reader
7/31/15 6:56 p.m.
Mitchell wrote:
Bobzilla wrote: OK, don't get me wrong, I think it's great we finally get our hands on the real RS. BUT.... for $40k you're in low mile C6Z, or stupid low mile C6 Grand Sport. I know where I'd rather have that money.
Or 10 Focus SVTs, with 1700 hp, 20 driven wheels, and 60 forward manual gears.

Sounds like the start of a build thread...

Knurled
Knurled GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
7/31/15 6:59 p.m.
Harvey wrote: Came here wondering why we were discussing the Scion FRS pricing. Focus RS just too much to type?

Wait until you see people who type S2K because hitting K is easier than hitting 0 three times. It can't be laziness, because it's a car designed with a key you have to turn and then you have to press a separate button to start it, so I figure anybody who says S2K is deliberately being an obfuscatory berkhead.

Knurled
7/31/15 7:03 p.m.
T.J. wrote: After reading the comments to this thread I may quit this forum. I would like to see a comment like, "Yes, that is right in the ballpark! I can't wait to check out one of these cars in person."

It sucks because it doesn't have a diesel of flappy paddles and if it costs more than $10k then I am just going to buy some rusted out old truck instead.

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 UltraDork
7/31/15 7:06 p.m.

I still haven't driven an st. Should I wait and drive the rs?

Seems like the right price range for a wrx/evo/dart competitor. Seems to me that all the cars aimed at this demographic are mid 30s once you get done. Even the Hyundai/kia stuff.

Knurled
7/31/15 7:10 p.m.
Appleseed wrote: Too bad it took so long to get here. I would have entertained buying an original RS.

Second-gen RS:

2nd-gen Focus chassis, AWD, turbo 5cyl...

A small handful of 6 speed models made it to the US, too. I see one come up for sale every now and then. Sadly they go for $$bank$$.

DirtyBird222
DirtyBird222 UltraDork
7/31/15 7:22 p.m.

What are you talking about a recent search I fond S60Rs for sub $5k.

And pedantics ---- should be Focus RS.

And it's awesome al these options for cars are coming around. What's not awesome are the prices lol. I'm sure the CTR or Civic Type R or Civic Type Arrghhh if you're a pirate will start around $35k, plus some options, and ridiculous price gouging like Honda dealers are notorious for and we've got a $45k civic.

Knurled
7/31/15 7:56 p.m.
DirtyBird222 wrote: What are you talking about a recent search I fond S60Rs for sub $5k.

S40. Find one of THOSE with the T5 engine and manual trans and AWD.

captdownshift
captdownshift GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
7/31/15 8:19 p.m.

In reply to Knurled:

Or V40 wagon version, then hit up viva performance to see 400hp to the wheels. I see them pop up in the 6500-9k range from time to time.

Back to the original post, one FRS is a well balanced but underpowered car that can slide in the rain, the other has a wrongly named drift button that should be called a powerslide button.

DirtyBird222
DirtyBird222 UltraDork
7/31/15 9:52 p.m.

oh why would anyone want one of those :)

iceracer
iceracer PowerDork
8/1/15 10:43 a.m.
Harvey wrote: Came here wondering why we were discussing the Scion FRS pricing. Focus RS just too much to type?

Ford and Focus are mentioned in the post.

Sorry if I confused so many. Especially when such alphanumeric usage is prevalent on this board.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
8/1/15 10:51 a.m.

No need to apologize. We're just bustin your balls a little.

turtl631
turtl631 Reader
8/1/15 1:53 p.m.

At least a few of us are actually interested in the car. That being the Focus RS. I'm curious about weight and if trap speeds will back up the power claims.

ae86andkp61
ae86andkp61 GRM+ Memberand Reader
8/1/15 7:58 p.m.
Joe Gearin wrote:
Vracer111 wrote: Ain't nobody got time for hyphens! If you want to really get technical though it's a Subaru product sold by Scion...just about every single piece on the car is stamped Subaru, even the Scion/Toyota badging...
Actually it's a collaboration between Toyota and Subaru. Toyota/ Scion was responsible for the styling, and developed the intake system. Subaru did the rest of the drivetrain.

Not to be even more pedantic, but Toyota also did a couple other teensy-tiny little details like the fuel injection system, the exhaust, a little gizmo called the transmission, and also the differential. Subaru did the bulk of the engine design, the hubs/brakes/uprights/control arms. About as close to true collaboration as one can get. Subaru does the manufacturing, hence all the Subaru stamps.

chiodos
chiodos Reader
8/1/15 8:03 p.m.

Wondering how much longer until someone changes the title...

Knurled
8/1/15 8:05 p.m.
chiodos wrote: Wondering how much longer until someone changes the title...

Why? The exiting title is perfectly ludicious.

colinshark
colinshark New Reader
8/1/15 9:51 p.m.

Pretty sure I saw one in Plymouth last week.

It came around a corner and looked "bouncy" (very high natural frequency). I automatically assumed rice, but then I saw it had a camo'ed front end, and wide wheels that were slightly poking out of the fenders.

Flight Service
Flight Service MegaDork
8/8/15 7:17 p.m.
MCarp22
MCarp22 Dork
8/8/15 7:22 p.m.
Knurled wrote: Wait until you see people who type S2K because hitting K is easier than hitting 0 three times.

S2K is a lot easier to say aloud, which is likely where the abbreviation comes from.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
8/9/15 4:34 a.m.

Wait, "EssTooKay" is easier than "EssTwoThousand?" Who knew?

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
V5hLTQ4MqV76MkIAklrRoowMUgGnfko6EvG5Y10XKk4KKVzwAhs7Axa8SmgVocY1