m4ff3w
m4ff3w GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
10/25/15 11:01 p.m.

We had another amazing time at the USGP. Friday and Saturday were what they were, but Sunday was great.

I didn't get as many pictures this year as the rain kept my phone in my pocket, but I thought I'd share a few of us hanging out after the race.

The boy flexing some muscles that aren't much needed, those suckers are light!

Not sure who this guy is?

I know alot was said about Nico after the race, but he was as nice this year as last, insisting we grab a 2nd photo after he was sure the first didn't take well.

I know you can't tell, but she is actually holding both Nicco's and Hamilton's trophies. I was in a hurry here, because she said they were heavier than they look.

The boy is being a door man.

A member of the team gave my girl the shirt, "We are out of shirts to give out, but here is mine." Really sweet gesture!

Gotta give some warning before snapping the picture!
Hamilton was in a rush to leave, but was kind enough to let us snap the pic and sign my hat. I lost my head and forgot to ask him to sign the shirt my daughter was given. Bummer!

Hopefully next year we can meet up with some GRMers! The rain made it difficult this year.

rob_lewis
rob_lewis SuperDork
10/26/15 7:20 a.m.

Sounds awesome!! But I feel like I'm being teased because the pictures aren't showing up.

-Rob

m4ff3w
10/26/15 8:23 a.m.
rob_lewis wrote: Sounds awesome!! But I feel like I'm being teased because the pictures aren't showing up. -Rob

Doh! Google! All fixed now.

rob_lewis
rob_lewis SuperDork
10/26/15 8:41 a.m.

Excellent!! My level of jealousy can't be measured!

And yeah, you look a little creepy in the last photo, but who cares? Who else has a picture with a World Champion?

-Rob

Hungary Bill
Hungary Bill GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
10/26/15 8:52 a.m.
rob_lewis wrote: Excellent!! My level of jealousy can't be measured! And yeah, you look a little creepy in the last photo, but who cares? Who else has a picture with a World Champion? -Rob

I didn't even notice till I went back and looked at that last one. Nice man, very nice

alfadriver
alfadriver UltimaDork
10/26/15 9:07 a.m.

Going to bite off his ear?

But NBC showed him celebrating with fans post race- what a great opportunity to meet him! I'm glad a board member was part of his post race celebration.

bmw88rider
bmw88rider GRM+ Memberand Dork
10/26/15 9:22 a.m.

Looks like you had a great time Matt. Sorry we couldn't hook up.

The cold wet weather just had me wanting to get home after I was done for the day. Wet firesuits are the worse

Looks like the Mercedes guys hooked you up. They did a lot of really cool stuff or the fans that did come out. Much more than in years past.

Coldsnap
Coldsnap HalfDork
10/26/15 9:40 a.m.

That's awesome!

I took so many pictures, still going through them.

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/26/15 10:41 a.m.

On our time in the pits on Friday, cameras weren't allowed No drivers, just lots of one-on-one time with the masters of the F1 power plant. Discussions of things like the little baby knock spike on shifts with data logs. Apparently we're more fun to give tours to than the typical spoiled "VIP" if you're a Powertrain engineer. Also - Lewis has unbelievable spare mental processing power when in track. He can adjust multiple settings in a short time, Nico isn't as quick.

m4ff3w
10/26/15 10:44 a.m.
Keith Tanner wrote: On our time in the pits, cameras weren't allowed No drivers, just lots of one-on-one time with the masters of the F1 power plant. Discussions of things like the little baby knock spike on shifts with data logs. Apparently we're more fun to give tours to than the typical spoiled "VIP" if you're a Powertrain engineer.

That would have been wicked cool. Very jealous.

gjz30075
gjz30075 HalfDork
10/26/15 6:43 p.m.

Fantastic! Fix the red eye in the last one and print it, frame it.

alfadriver
alfadriver UltimaDork
10/26/15 6:52 p.m.
Keith Tanner wrote: On our time in the pits on Friday, cameras weren't allowed No drivers, just lots of one-on-one time with the masters of the F1 power plant. Discussions of things like the little baby knock spike on shifts with data logs. Apparently we're more fun to give tours to than the typical spoiled "VIP" if you're a Powertrain engineer. Also - Lewis has unbelievable spare mental processing power when in track. He can adjust multiple settings in a short time, Nico isn't as quick.

Wait, I'm a powertrain engineer... I wanna go, too!

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/26/15 7:29 p.m.

Get yourself to Austin next year, I'll see what I can do You would have loved it. I don't know how much I can discuss in a public forum, but these things are incredibly efficient and instrumented out the wazoo. The air/fuel ratio they run is unbelievable.

alfadriver
alfadriver UltimaDork
10/26/15 8:27 p.m.

In reply to Keith Tanner: You have my e-mail.

Just have to talk my wife into going to that race. She'd rather go to Monaco, or back to Spa or Monza. Or even Silverstone.

m4ff3w
10/26/15 8:44 p.m.

I've got a guest room and access to BBQ and drinks at the track all weekend. Let's have a GRM party.

bmw88rider
bmw88rider GRM+ Memberand Dork
10/26/15 9:32 p.m.

Sounds good to me. Let's plan it out before hand. I'd probably be willing to put a little meat on the grill here at the house with some adult beverages.

I'm still working out my race schedule for next year but I should still be working F1. Even if I'm not working I'll be probably floating around as I usually can get get tickets and parking.

So far I've got locked in for pro races:

COTA PWC and WEC weekend

TMS Nascar Spring and Fall Races

Indy 500 (got to do it. It's the 100th running)

and Possibly PWC at Leguna Seca

Rusted_Busted_Spit
Rusted_Busted_Spit GRM+ Memberand UberDork
10/27/15 8:55 a.m.

This is getting interesting. I made the drive down for the WEC weekend but I have not been to an F1 race yet.

nderwater
nderwater PowerDork
10/27/15 1:56 p.m.
m4ff3w wrote: I've got a guest room and access to BBQ and drinks at the track all weekend. Let's have a GRM party.

Wow. WOW! I've never been to an F1 race (yet) - looks like you and your fam had an amazing time!

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
njBJObKEtPZcxBCpj51m9oFlbxse2WsIZ3zwVenHFRDulgmxDQ0Fs0jtjMKUVxnp