1 2 3
Nicklovin
Nicklovin New Reader
2/19/18 10:45 p.m.

The Miata is currently getting looked over by a trusted mechanic. Should have a update wednesday

In reply to CyberEric :

I haven't tested it but it will leak without a doubt, the tear is pretty big under the duct tape covering it up. Although with some good weatherproofing tape it might hold, going to test it. Funny you mention the carpet, I found that suggestion when doing some research. Carpet everywhere is dry, no signs of mold or any water damage at all. Appreciate the input, I need more people pushing me on the Miata haha. 

BoxheadCougarTim
BoxheadCougarTim GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/19/18 11:33 p.m.

Keep in mind that in the grand scheme of car parts, a new (aftermarket) roof for a Miata is not *that* expensive. The cheaper ones probably don't have the glass rear window, at least some of the ones that I've seen up here don't.

Floating Doc
Floating Doc GRM+ Memberand Reader
2/20/18 6:11 a.m.

In reply to BlueInGreen44 : 

It's very common for sunburned paint to look like that in the south. 

Nicklovin
Nicklovin New Reader
2/20/18 11:52 a.m.

In reply to BoxheadCougarTim :

Thanks for the reminder, I think one of the first things I did when I found the Miata was look up prices on new tops. I'm happily surprised that, like you said, they aren't isn't that expensive to replace. Although I still probably won't, at least for a while. California weather and all that

Nicklovin
Nicklovin New Reader
2/24/18 1:25 a.m.

Got a clean bill of health from the mechanic, looks like a Miata is in my future! Probably will have it next week after a dent gets pulled.... Hopefully

Nicklovin
Nicklovin New Reader
2/27/18 1:53 a.m.

Doubt anyone's reading this but hey what the hell. So I'll be signing the paperwork for the miata the next few days, pumped for this fun little car...... except now it's unexpectedly started raining and the miata's parked outside..... with a good tear in the top.... and I can't go cover it up...... let's hope this doesn't ruin the car frown

mblommel
mblommel GRM+ Memberand Dork
2/27/18 7:20 a.m.

Somebody is reading.... me!

You can't sneak out there and throw some duct tape on the inside?

B13Birk
B13Birk GRM+ Memberand Reader
2/27/18 7:44 a.m.

B13 Sentra SE-R

That's my vote! 

eastsideTim
eastsideTim UltraDork
2/27/18 4:37 p.m.

In reply to Nicklovin :

A little moisture won’t do it in.  Just make sure to air it out as much as possible.  Also, enjoy it, it may ruin other cars for you smiley

CyberEric
CyberEric Reader
2/28/18 5:11 p.m.

Yeah, mine had about 3 inches of rain in the trunk for a few days and it was fine. Just air it out afterward. 

I hope you enjoy it!

Floating Doc
2/28/18 8:12 p.m.

Absolutely still have some readers! Enjoy your Miata!

Nicklovin
Nicklovin New Reader
3/2/18 1:44 p.m.

Sorry for the lack of responses, I've been incredibly busy with work & college. So I bought the Miata on wednesday! Haven't done much other than give it a good clean and drive around the neighborhood, definately need more practice before I get out on busy roads but I'm loving it. I covered up the tear with some weather proofing tape & plastic, I think I went overboard haha. I'll upload some new pictures and post my plan when I get a free second.  Thanks for the support everyone!  

CyberEric
CyberEric Reader
3/2/18 4:40 p.m.

Another Miata disciple. Our work here is done! :)

kazoospec
kazoospec SuperDork
3/2/18 7:04 p.m.

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 MegaDork
3/2/18 7:35 p.m.

I made the mistake of trading for a miata once.

Ive owned 4 now, and still own two.

They'r like crack. Very addictive. 

Nicklovin
Nicklovin New Reader
3/3/18 7:53 p.m.

So I drove it to work today, 2nd time really driving it. Other than stalling 2 or 3 times and getting honked at it was fun! 

Can't wait to have some time to really get to know the car. 

dj06482
dj06482 GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
3/3/18 9:24 p.m.

In reply to B13Birk :

I co-drove that car from CA to CT and loved every minute of it!

Floating Doc
3/3/18 10:06 p.m.
kazoospec said:

Got mine last month!

B13Birk
B13Birk GRM+ Memberand Reader
3/5/18 8:16 a.m.

In reply to dj06482 :

I have had tons of FWD SR20 cars. they are amazing. People are always supervised by them. That's really cool you got the chance to drive that car. How did you make that happen? 

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
8lxncktZSNz3PS52L0B8U7nKXlClCeHQNvbwhCU6z4ORYFW0Ku3STnXhAOaIletZ