1 ... 3 4 5 6 7
CaptainSpaulding
CaptainSpaulding Reader
7/18/10 7:09 p.m.

After I brought home the 89 Ford F250.

"Oh you bought a farm truck. Great next you are going to bring home a old tractor"

For fathers day she bought me a book on Farmall tractors.

She always complains about the ride in the Ford but every time we head into the mountains she wants to take the "old farm truck" and not her 03 Dodge with functioning AC.

DILYSI Dave
DILYSI Dave SuperDork
7/18/10 9:56 p.m.

"Do you really need 36 tires?"

oldsaw
oldsaw Dork
7/18/10 10:03 p.m.
DILYSI Dave wrote: "Do you really need 36 tires?"

You only have 9 sets of wheels?

DILYSI Dave
DILYSI Dave SuperDork
7/18/10 10:10 p.m.
oldsaw wrote:
DILYSI Dave wrote: "Do you really need 36 tires?"
You only have 9 sets of wheels?

Those are just the unmounted ones.

Mikey52_1
Mikey52_1 Reader
7/18/10 10:38 p.m.
kevinSC1 wrote: " I swear you love that car more than you love me"

I get this one, but with trucks...

Mikey52_1
Mikey52_1 Reader
7/18/10 10:41 p.m.
ArthurDent wrote: My wife remarked the other day that she'd like a European SUV - I said we have one - the Lada Niva - Russia is in Europe. Apparently she meant non-Russian, non-broken, new, European SUV.

Well, not ALL of it...part's in Asia. But that doesn't matter...it's RUSSIAN, after all. Broken down by definition. As it were...

Matt B
Matt B Reader
7/19/10 8:46 a.m.
CLNSC3 wrote: Not my wife but my girlfriend...she believes that I would actually have sex with a car given the chance. I keep denying it but she refuses to believe me. haha

Mecury Mistress

Jerry From LA
Jerry From LA HalfDork
7/19/10 11:08 a.m.
friedgreencorrado wrote:
Jerry From LA wrote: "Um........when will you be able to afford a car with an automatic transmission?"
Jerry, if she'd said that after you spent a weekend replacing an auto with a manual, you'd have "won the thread".

No but it was an '83 SAAB 900 turbo. If it didn't have a manual, I'd be OBLIGATED to swap one in.

Otto_Maddox
Otto_Maddox Reader
7/19/10 3:15 p.m.

"Don't you look gay enough in the Miata without playing '80s music?"

On the phone while borrowing my car "I am coming down the street right now. Meet me at the curb to see if the car is on fire!"

speedblind
speedblind Reader
7/19/10 6:02 p.m.

This thread is epic.

Raze
Raze HalfDork
7/19/10 9:43 p.m.

Been batting around the idea of buying a rusty $200 Fiat to repair, I say "I'd have to get a Tetnus shot just to go near that thing"

Wife's reply "Well I just had mine so I can work on it!" (she's never picked up a ratchet in her life, let alone know what a torque wrench is for, I can't imagine her using the MIG)

CLNSC3
CLNSC3 Reader
7/19/10 9:49 p.m.
Matt B wrote:
CLNSC3 wrote: Not my wife but my girlfriend...she believes that I would actually have sex with a car given the chance. I keep denying it but she refuses to believe me. haha
Mecury Mistress

LOL thats great, I'm definitely going to have to share that with the female!

friedgreencorrado
friedgreencorrado SuperDork
7/20/10 1:15 a.m.
Jerry From LA wrote:
friedgreencorrado wrote:
Jerry From LA wrote: "Um........when will you be able to afford a car with an automatic transmission?"
Jerry, if she'd said that after you spent a weekend replacing an auto with a manual, you'd have "won the thread".
No but it was an '83 SAAB 900 turbo. If it didn't have a manual, I'd be OBLIGATED to swap one in.

Full Disclosure: I absolutely love pre-GM SAABs. Worked in an SCCA buddy's indie repair shop (as a service advisor) for half a minute.

Full GRM Truth: You'll have to replace the damn thing eventually, anyway..I'm sure you've already seen that the gearbox occupies the "other half" of the box underneath the engine. My buddy that gave me the job told me to never touch the gear lever on a customer's car unless I was actually changing gears.

Raze
Raze Dork
8/12/10 2:45 p.m.

My wife says to me the other day when I'm out cleaning all the crap out of the Fiat: "Your car goes with the garage." I ask her to clarify as she said it with a weird expression on her face, she says "I matches your red and black tools." In her defense she's been decorating the house for the past month and a half since we moved in so that would explain her logic, but you could hear my laughing across town that night...

LopRacer
LopRacer New Reader
8/12/10 5:28 p.m.

GF Calling me at work in a panic " I turned on the defroster and smoke filled up the car, and it is getting really hot do you think the car is on fire?" My responce as I prepare to leave work and come rescue her: "don't worry I think it's just the heater core letting go" GF: "I want a new car" She had a new car/project within 10 days and That heap of crap Mercury sable is still stuck in my yard, heater core by-passed waiting to be sold or used for Lemons.

Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
8/12/10 6:47 p.m.

He only took the job for the free bus pass, you've seen his car.

Supercoupe
Supercoupe Reader
8/12/10 8:45 p.m.

On a few occasions my wife has gone on trips with my daughter and it seems she says " everytime I go away you buy another car"....

My response is " no I don't"...

on their recent trip ro Vegas to visit my son I bought 2.

aussiesmg
aussiesmg SuperDork
8/14/10 5:10 p.m.

"You are NOT buying another car"

bwaaah hah ha ha ha

VanillaSky
VanillaSky HalfDork
8/14/10 7:19 p.m.

"I don't want to trade our Astra for a Fiesta because I like having the only car like mine in the parking lot."

"I kept trying to clutch in, but there wasn't one!"

"This automatic sucks. Does it come in a stick?"

She's only driven stick for a bit over a year. Now she expects her car to be a manual.

EricM
EricM Dork
8/14/10 10:59 p.m.

My wife said to me one day when we found an MGB at a garage sale with four flat tires, "hey! they are not Pokemon, you do not have to catch them all!"

I didn't buy the MGB...

TRoglodyte
TRoglodyte New Reader
8/14/10 11:15 p.m.
aussiesmg wrote: "You are NOT buying another car" bwaaah hah ha ha ha

You win the Internet, Hands down,walking away,No competition in the immediate 2 time zones.

Platinum90
Platinum90 SuperDork
8/15/10 8:42 a.m.

if you have seen, or contributed to Aussie's eclectic collection, you know just how absurd that comment is...

Eneltoo
Eneltoo None
8/15/10 10:38 a.m.

"Ew..."

"What's that smell?"

"It's your money, do what you want." - Of my many crazy ideas...

"The next car you buy is mine." - She wanted, and got, a Toyota Prius.

"Aw, it's cute!" - Said about a '92 Ford Probe I owned when we met. I thought the thing was ugly.

"Not another car! You said no more cars until you got rid of your last one!" - She said that today.

3Door4G
3Door4G Reader
8/15/10 12:45 p.m.

"When are you going to get rid of your ex-wife?"

Referring to the broken down 91 Civic in my backyard.

We broke up since then. The ex-wife is still here though.

dollraves
dollraves New Reader
8/16/10 10:04 a.m.

Ex: Why do you want to buy 10 acres of land?

Me: So I can buy every (Mazda 323) GTX I come across!

Ex: They're NOT Pokeman! You don't have to have them all!

There's also my ex-husband...It's not the things he would say, it's the things he'd do. I came home from a business trip once and he was driving my Miata. I hated when he drove my Miata.

Me: Why are you driving my Miata?

Ex-H: My car's making a funny noise.

Me: Okay, crank it up. -insert ominous noise here- TURN IT OFF! We've gone over this before - the car doesn't go far without oil. Oil is very, very important.

I swear, I married the one man on earth who just didn't like/get cars on any level. It's a big part of why we split up - he wanted kids, I wanted a garage full of Mazdas. :D

1 ... 3 4 5 6 7

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
cTff4sVz9Brz3GfNZyaYq41qqS15KS9qrtn6nXf51T48ZvTcpWP1cfwpUGW6aBOT