1 ... 5 6 7
dlmater
dlmater GRM+ Memberand New Reader
8/23/10 7:41 a.m.

What actually happened:

Me: Time for new tires on the Yukon...I am going to replace the wheels as well while I am at it.

Wife: Does it need new wheels.

Me: Nah, just don't like the looks of the stock wheels.

Wife: How much do wheels cost?

Me: I've been watching Craigslist for the past few weeks and I can find a decent used set for $200 to $300 perhaps.

Wife (confused with disbelief): You mean you would spend $200 just for aesthetics?

What would have happened if I had just bought the wheels and installed with the new tires without any discussion:

Wife: The new tires look good. Are those new wheels?

Me: Nah, the new tires just make the old ones look better.

Wife: Oh...when will my car need new tires?

zomby woof
zomby woof Dork
8/30/10 6:08 p.m.

Not about my car, but she came out to the shop today, as I was moving a new workbench into place.

"Oh, it's nice to see that you're finally remodeling in here."

SVreX
SVreX SuperDork
9/3/10 1:00 p.m.

"Maybe we should name the baby "Camino"".

nickel_dime
nickel_dime Dork
9/3/10 1:29 p.m.

While talking on the phone before a blind date the woman asks what kind of car I drive.

A little green MINI.

Oh, what does a MINI look like?

Shaking my head and thinking to myself, This is going to be hard.

neckromacr
neckromacr Reader
9/3/10 4:18 p.m.

As a prank on night just before leaving work I posted a staus on Facebook that my car was making horrible noises and that I thought I might have spun a muffler bearing or two. Just to see who might catch on.

I have a pretty hefty drive home so about 45 minutes into it when I'm almost home I get a frantic phone call from the wife demanding to know "now what broke on your car."

I calmed her down and began to tell her it was an easy part to replace. I even knew AutoZone stocked it between the blinker fluid and the carbs for an '83 Vette. After toying with her for a few minutes. I told her that it was a gag and I was surprised she hadn't caught on seeing as how she's not completely automotively illiterate.

She told me she thought it was something like that thing in the video we had watched the night before.

The night prior I had shown her the Bubb Rubb/Whistle Tips video on YouTube.

She got razzed pretty hard for that.

fornetti14
fornetti14 GRM+ Memberand Reader
9/3/10 9:07 p.m.

"If it doesn't have any visible rust and you think you can fix it, then go ahead and buy it. I'm tired of you asking me about it."

trucke
trucke New Reader
9/29/10 4:12 p.m.

I recently got an FX16 GT-S set up for street and autocross. It has a limited slip. The wife seems to drive it quite a bit even though she says she really doesn't like it that much. It doesn't have air conditioning or a radio and there is no carpet. We were talking about getting our other FX16 GT-S back on the road for just a street car.

Wife says "Are you going to put a limited slip in that one too?" My reply "Do you want me to?" Wife smiles and nods her head up and down. Honey, I love you!

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand Dork
9/29/10 5:59 p.m.

Out with another couple. The wife's are in the back and my friend is driving. A hummer goes by. My wife really likes them and she starts talking discussing the h2 and the h3 with my friends wife. Shortly there after My friends wife leans forward and asked my friend if he wants a hummer. He and I look at each other and it was all we could do not to bust a gut.

Grtechguy
Grtechguy SuperDork
9/29/10 6:28 p.m.

Her: "can you fix it, sell it, and make money?"

Me: "uhmm...I think so"

Her: "well...OK, but only if it's here for only a month and its fits in YOUR garage"

silly wife.....

Toymanswife
Toymanswife New Reader
9/29/10 8:36 p.m.

Are there no women in this forum?? Good grief. We aren't all car stupid.

It's just men who come home with cars without discussing it with their wives first that miff me.

As in...."Honey, come home with another car without talking to me first and SERIOUSLY giving me heads up and you can just move into it."

Imagine him trying to SLEEP in the Abomination.

Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
9/29/10 11:46 p.m.

My mother is a saint, who for unknown reason goes along with any bright idea my dad has. When we were kids Freeport Speedway started a class for people to run their street cars. He decided to give it a shot with mom's 68 Malibu four door. As he got carried away the car gained a locked rear, a lot of right front camber and spring and some other changes. She took it all in stride even though this was her car for draging three kids around. One day we went out to my grandmothers and g-ma came out to get in the car and noticed there were no door handles on the right side. She asked what happened and without blinking Mom says "I'm pretty sure they are in turn three somewhere." She still gets cards from divorce lawyers from grandma

Raze
Raze Dork
9/30/10 11:42 p.m.

wife says to me "...so I saw a Prius with a trailer hitch on it, I might as well have been a tampon string"

pitbull113
pitbull113 New Reader
10/1/10 5:55 p.m.

I was around 20 years old and living with my parents. In my upstairs bedroom i'm in the process of rebuilding my '57 sportster. So my girlfriend at the time says "I'm tired of you spending more time messing with the bike than me, either it goes or I do" I asked her if she remembered the way out. She decided a sheet over the bike would be good enough.Not really funny but absurd that the girlfriend would have the guts to say it.

skunkkitten
skunkkitten New Reader
10/2/10 1:55 p.m.

Here's the stupidest thing I ever said about her stuff...

Waking up one morning I saw earrings on the night table and in my groggy state (that's my excuse) I said "whose earings are those"?

So whatever she says about my car stuff it can't possibly be worse.

exST165
exST165 New Reader
10/2/10 8:39 p.m.

I once told my wife that I was going to go change the oil in the muffler bearings on my project car. To give her credit I didn't make it into the garage before she called BS.

One day our nine year old comes up to me and says "mommy says the white car ['87 Merkur XR4Ti] is junk". Later asking my wife she claimed that she said that I had a lot of junk in the garage and our son made the logical deduction that mommy meant the XR4Ti.

But to her credit she does give credit that my hobby is in the garage and she knows exactly where I am and what I'm up to.

wbjones
wbjones Dork
10/2/10 8:56 p.m.
skunkkitten wrote: Here's the stupidest thing I ever said about her stuff... Waking up one morning I saw earrings on the night table and in my groggy state (that's my excuse) I said "whose earings are those"? So whatever she says about my car stuff it can't possibly be worse.

how long have you had to put up with the frost that that must have caused ?

1 ... 5 6 7

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
kLi8SBnhhsioYcU16Zguc31ikyKA2egBz6psasDiTjwhfTRl8yBjhIq9H7U6ngOq