Finally got around to hanging the SHO intake I got at a junkyard:

What's in your garage?

DrBoost
DrBoost MegaDork
8/31/19 1:45 p.m.
759NRNG
759NRNG UltraDork
8/31/19 6:47 p.m.

All I have is the 'x' brace from the 'pink P '  when the setup was the superbike articlulated shock setup.....sorry no pic sad .... I need to work on that (photo verification)

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/31/19 7:33 p.m.

Vintage Maserati air horn display  

DWNSHFT
DWNSHFT Dork
9/1/19 11:36 a.m.
Woody said:

Nice 904!!!

paranoid_android
paranoid_android UberDork
9/1/19 8:21 p.m.

A Minecraft Zombie, similar to my avatar.  When my kids were younger, they started a YouTube channel and came up with names for the three of us.  I was “Zipping Zombie”.

A friend gave me this one- he didn’t know anything about it, and I never found any info.  He said it was from the late 70’s.  I think it’s just plain cool.

A mining sign I found buried in the snow at a rally.  And a campaign sign from when my aunt ran for public office in the western UP.  She passed away eight years ago.

That’s pretty much it for me.

DeadSkunk  (Warren)
DeadSkunk (Warren) PowerDork
9/1/19 8:54 p.m.

In reply to paranoid_android :

Sanair Dragway has been around forever and is still operational as far as I know. It's southeast of Montreal.

Saron81
Saron81 Reader
9/20/19 7:33 a.m.

Mine is kind of a mess, but.... 

mazdeuce - Seth
mazdeuce - Seth Mod Squad
9/20/19 7:53 a.m.

I find a 911 on jack stands gives off a cultured air to almost any garage. 

pirate
pirate HalfDork
9/20/19 8:35 a.m.

Copy of the original Lola Type 200 Formula Ford engineering drawing from 1965. This is page one of the assembly drawing which labels all the major components. Sorry about all the glare from shop lights.

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/20/19 9:07 a.m.
pirate said:

Copy of the original Lola Type 200 Formula Ford engineering drawing from 1965. This is page one of the assembly drawing which labels all the major components. Sorry about all the glare from shop lights.

Where would one find a copy of that?

Somewhere in my attic, I have blueprints for either the Lotus Seven or Elan. I should probably dig those out and get them framed.

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/20/19 9:13 a.m.

I have no wall space in my garage. It's all shelving or pegboard. Which is a shame, because I have a bunch of cool stuff I want to put up.

pirate
pirate HalfDork
9/20/19 9:50 a.m.
pirate said:

I met a guy on a business trip more then ten years ago who actually restored a Type 200 and obtained drawings from Lola. I asked if he would make a copy if I paid for the copy and shipping and he said yes. I no longer have his contact info. I made the frame and cut the plexiglass. The drawing and frame is quite large at 5 foot by 3 foot. I would say I would make you a copy but the drawing is taped and spray adhesive to a backing and could not be removed without damage. 

earlybroncoguy1
earlybroncoguy1 New Reader
9/20/19 9:08 p.m.

The work corner of my mancave. The rest of the 20x40 shop is walled with the same old barn tin, most of it with the "patina" side out, a few more posters, more signs, some neon, some old photos, tools, etc. Projection TV was free, works great with HDMI input from an old Blue ray player with internal wifi, I stream Pandora at full blast and never irritate the wife or the neighbors, HD over the air antenna brings in local stations.  Shop PC is my kid's old gaming PC, great for web surfing. Hidden under the cabinets is the beer fridge. Wall cabinets are old take outs from Habitat Restore and old houses.

I live out in the country, whenever I see someone taking down an old barn or building I make an offer on materials and haul off what I can use, all the tin, overhead lights, and most of the lumber was scored that way.         

secretariata
secretariata GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
9/20/19 9:15 p.m.

In reply to earlybroncoguy1 :

Will you leave that to me in your will?  That is a fantastic place to hang out and potentially work on stuff...not meaning that you don't work on stuff there, but instead that I might not work on stuff in that environment and might listen to music, drink beer, and visualize myself working on stuff... :)

ebonyandivory
ebonyandivory PowerDork
9/20/19 9:21 p.m.
Keith Tanner said:

I have no wall space in my garage. It's all shelving or pegboard. Which is a shame, because I have a bunch of cool stuff I want to put up.

As much as I love automotive art, that is probably how things should be.

TurboFocus
TurboFocus Reader
9/21/19 1:50 a.m.

In reply to Keith Tanner :

That's what the house is for, duh!

ddavidv
ddavidv PowerDork
9/21/19 6:44 a.m.

Oooooh! Mk1 Fiesta.

I'm photo hosting challenged, so you'll just have to imagine that much of my garage art is a 'Wall of Shame'. The destroyed BMW M3 fender from crashing into a tire wall, a set of brake pads worn so far that the caliper piston actually went through the center of them (still stopped the car alarmingly well), bent Honda CRX connecting rod (my introduction to hydrolock) and a couple of Ford FE pushrods that are bent from a flubbed attempt at replacing a timing chain set. A few obligatory car posters, white board, cork board and the residue from many flys I swatted to death over the years.

My 'man cave' is the finished basement, a portion of which can be seen in this video.

Man Cave/Motorcycle Storage

miatafan
miatafan GRM+ Memberand New Reader
9/21/19 9:38 a.m.

A friend of mine is rebuilding an old Triumph motorcycle.  I mentioned that he should use this piece as garage art but it is going back on the  bike.

Before:

After:

GIRTHQUAKE
GIRTHQUAKE Reader
9/21/19 10:31 a.m.

Do strips of fly paper that are COMPLETELY FILLED count as art?

DeadSkunk  (Warren)
DeadSkunk (Warren) PowerDork
9/21/19 2:05 p.m.

Mitty poster on the wall and a Williams FW07 nose cone hanging from the ceiling.

wawazat
wawazat HalfDork
9/21/19 7:50 p.m.

I’ve got a Ducati Testastretta engine going up on mine this winter.  It came from a friends Ducati Diavel after it siezed up.  

GPz11
GPz11 Reader
9/22/19 3:47 a.m.

I’ve got ‘ol Bib keeping an eye things in the garage.

pirate
pirate HalfDork
9/22/19 3:22 p.m.

Well probably not art  but I have a speed limit sign that I have anybody new who visits the shop sign. I have a Sharpie right there by the door to use. Probably should have asked people to add date also.
upload_2019-2-26_13-41-42.jpeg

Paul_VR6
Paul_VR6 Dork
9/23/19 3:47 p.m.
earlybroncoguy1 said:

The work corner of my mancave. The rest of the 20x40 shop is walled with the same old barn tin, most of it with the "patina" side out, a few more posters, more signs, some neon, some old photos, tools, etc. Projection TV was free, works great with HDMI input from an old Blue ray player with internal wifi, I stream Pandora at full blast and never irritate the wife or the neighbors, HD over the air antenna brings in local stations.  Shop PC is my kid's old gaming PC, great for web surfing. Hidden under the cabinets is the beer fridge. Wall cabinets are old take outs from Habitat Restore and old houses.

I live out in the country, whenever I see someone taking down an old barn or building I make an offer on materials and haul off what I can use, all the tin, overhead lights, and most of the lumber was scored that way.         

I had to  rush into this thread to save these pics at home. Just has an awesome look with reclaimed materials!

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
GIMWvppwyDrzq0OycnvB1N8E7dQ9FVMt62i5diPeB1bsmwfKYHXKR3OGmXeOZ4Yl