1 2
vwcorvette
vwcorvette GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
6/20/12 6:52 p.m.

This past Saturday went over to a friend's garage to use his press. Needed to install new front wheel bearings in the spindles for the Gti. After doing that we chat about his Ambro and he fires it up to show how loud it is compared to his chevy powered Healey 100 with the new exhaust he installed/fabricated. As I'm leaving I tell him he needs to take the Healey out for a ride (beautiful day) and get a creemee (Vermont for soft-serve). He looks at me and says, "Good idea, you wanna go?" Um, like yeah. Nothing like a SBC pushing a small English car through the Vermont countryside for therapy!

Powar
Powar Dork
6/25/12 2:30 p.m.

I guess this counts. My last session was last Tuesday night. A friend and I drank and spent WAAAAAY too much time getting my wrecked MX-3 on a trailer so I could scrap it.

The open space is worth it. A few more dollars in my savings account just sweetened the deal.

RossD
RossD UltraDork
6/25/12 2:36 p.m.

Lately my garage therapy is mostly basement therapy. Fixing and building tube amps; however I am still learning and starting out.

Alan Cesar
Alan Cesar Associate Editor
6/25/12 4:01 p.m.

These are all fantastic. Shame to see an MX-3 go to the scrapper, but sometimes a project's gotta move.

RossD, what kind of tube amps? Stereo? Guitar? Fiddling with electronics is fun; you don't need to go out to a garage and get dirty, all you need is a table, good lighting, and steady fingers. Once you've had an iPod completely apart, replacing parts on cell phones becomes pretty straightforward work.

DuctTape&Bondo
DuctTape&Bondo Reader
6/25/12 5:36 p.m.

Happy I finally got someone out to replace my broken garage spring with a new set so now I have a functioning garage door instead of having to go out through the side or through the house.

Spent Sunday changing the transmission filter on the LS400 which fixed the "not driving right" problem, the weekend before that I did the ignition coils and spark plugs after misdiagnosing the problem.

Glad it was just a filter, even though the fluid looked good, the strainer was clogged and in turn acting as if the tranny was blown. Also discovered the drain plug was stripped so I had to retap it and found a suitable bolt for it in my bin.

Not a bad way to sweat off toxins from drinking most the day on Saturday and whatever cold/sneezing/chills thing I had going on Sunday.

Also got some GRM stickers in the mail over the weekend, thanks!

ransom
ransom GRM+ Memberand Dork
6/25/12 5:44 p.m.

It's my garage that's getting the therapy right now.

The scaffolding rental for the removal of old siding and ancient-siding-as-sheathing, subsequent re-sheathing, and currently siding (Hardi-plank) has gone on longer than I figured it would, but we're getting close.

I still don't understand why when they built the garage they built a roof big enough for a two-car garage, but only enclosed half of it, leaving the other half as a carport.

Before too much longer, I will actually have an enclosed garage big enough to work inside of for the first time in my life. That will be therapeutic.

shadetree30
shadetree30 Reader
6/25/12 6:27 p.m.

In reply to DaveEstey:

You would be most welcome at a PHA hill...Some NE'ers already do; for one, Butch King. I'm sure he would give us a good reference!

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
4vH5o53hzW0cF3Dfyt1sdlZvYwDnvQuwrjDDYoEdBz3BdLM4MJcNlbhaI3KY0Xkg