1 2
Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/14/21 6:22 p.m.

There's been desire on this forum for an electric minivan. Well, what about an electric station wagon? Meet the new Taycan GTS Sport Turismo. Only $133,300, so about the same price as a Z06. 0-62 in 3.5, so you might want to ratchet strap those groceries down.

Will it come in brown? German car nerds love brown. Will anyone be brave enough to order it in brown?

Jesse Ransom
Jesse Ransom GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
12/14/21 6:26 p.m.

I...

I'm happy there's a wagon.

I'm disappointed that it's about as irrelevant to me as any other Taycan, even if it would be more useful upon actual acquisition.

I don't need to see it in brown. Ever.

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/14/21 6:29 p.m.

At least there are no head bolts to break.

Javelin (Forum Supporter)
Javelin (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/14/21 6:53 p.m.

In reply to Keith Tanner :

If I had buy-a-new-$155K-car money I would definitely order that in brown! I love it!

dyintorace
dyintorace GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
12/14/21 9:20 p.m.

Saw this one in Hermosa Beach ~2 months ago. Crazy looking.

Woody (Forum Supportum)
Woody (Forum Supportum) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/14/21 9:57 p.m.

Yea please. 

BlueInGreen - Jon
BlueInGreen - Jon UltraDork
12/14/21 10:03 p.m.

Dang that green one looks like a real life Hot Wheels creation.  I like it.

irish44j (Forum Supporter)
irish44j (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
12/14/21 10:12 p.m.

It is pretty awesome (and attractive). Now, if only the EV tax credit was $75,000 not 7500 :)

I will say, I still don't get those headlights on the Taycan though. There are two in my lot at work (must be defense contractors, because us G-men don't make that kind of cash), and every time I walk by I think of how good they look until I see the headlights. IDK, they just make me think of some kind of kit car headlights or something. Also seem less aerodynamic than everything else on the car, like they were a design afterthought. 

03Panther
03Panther UltraDork
12/14/21 10:52 p.m.

I really like that, although I agree with irish on the headlights. 
But with the average cost of ownership of the paid for car I own, I'd have to drive it for about 100 years for it to be cost effective cheeky

Electric cars a a great novelty, and I would love to commute in one, and they have come a long way since the 70's... but it takes some very biased math, for folks to believe they are a cost effective "replacement" for the average ICE being driven.

Def. a cool car!

759NRNG
759NRNG UberDork
12/14/21 10:57 p.m.

not Brown per se......but metallic RooTBeer ROcks!!!! with a mocha interior.....Hmmmm

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/14/21 11:07 p.m.
03Panther said:

I really like that, although I agree with irish on the headlights. 
But with the average cost of ownership of the paid for car I own, I'd have to drive it for about 100 years for it to be cost effective cheeky

Electric cars a a great novelty, and I would love to commute in one, and they have come a long way since the 70's... but it takes some very biased math, for folks to believe they are a cost effective "replacement" for the average ICE being driven.

Def. a cool car!

I don't think a car like this is purchased because it's the cheapest way to get around town. It brings its own attributes to the party. 

The rear view is the winner on this car, Porsche has kinda lost their way of late with front end design. 

jerrysarcastic (dork in training)
jerrysarcastic (dork in training) Reader
12/14/21 11:26 p.m.

Agree they lost me on the recent design language, but I'm excited to see this!

(because I hope there will be an Audi version soon)

03Panther
03Panther UltraDork
12/14/21 11:50 p.m.

I agree, on both points! It's definitely a cool car... although most definitely NOT in brown!

But if I suddenly obtained the ability to spend that much on a car, for me, it would still not make the list!

STM317
STM317 UberDork
12/15/21 4:54 a.m.
dyintorace said:

Saw this one in Hermosa Beach ~2 months ago. Crazy looking.

Just to clarify (because internet pedantry), the green one here is a Taycan Cross Turismo. It's lifted a bit and has the black plastic cladding on the lower part of the body so that you know it's a "tough, off road capable" machine.

The red Taycan Sport Turismo in the OP is basically the same thing, but lower and with body color trim for street driving. It's kind of like the super rich person version of a Subaru Outback vs Legacy wagon.

dxman92
dxman92 Dork
12/15/21 7:17 a.m.

Definitely looks like a Hot Wheels you can only get in one of the multipacks and not by itself!

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/15/21 7:24 a.m.

More of a 4door hatch back. Calling that a wagon is like Mercedes calling a cls a coup. To me that is a hatchback that they added two more doors. With the slope of the rear the wagon functionality is not really there. 

rslifkin
rslifkin UberDork
12/15/21 7:52 a.m.
dean1484 said:

More of a 4door hatch back. Calling that a wagon is like Mercedes calling a cls a coup. To me that is a hatchback that they added two more doors. With the slope of the rear the wagon functionality is not really there. 

In my mind, there's always been a bit of a question of "when does a hatchback become long enough to qualify as a wagon?"  I'd say this one is borderline, both on length behind the rear seats and the amount of slope on the hatch. 

BlueInGreen - Jon
BlueInGreen - Jon UltraDork
12/15/21 8:17 a.m.

In reply to STM317 :

Lol. That's hilarious given the 21" 265/35 P Zeros.

Marketing is funny.

Paul_VR6 (Forum Supporter)
Paul_VR6 (Forum Supporter) SuperDork
12/15/21 8:24 a.m.

Need 6 seats, maybe there is a 2 seat trailer I can purchase with it for another $60k?

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman SuperDork
12/15/21 8:54 a.m.

Only "100k" over the appliance budget and not appliancey enough. 

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/15/21 1:32 p.m.
dean1484 said:

Depending on how small the rear seating area is, the CLS may be a coupe.

All i have been able to find is "less volume than a Civic".

tuna55
tuna55 MegaDork
12/15/21 1:36 p.m.

I mean it's prettier than the Panamera, but it's way out of my league in terms of price.

thatsnowinnebago
thatsnowinnebago GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
12/15/21 3:11 p.m.

No manual, no care. 

/s

mainlandboy
mainlandboy Reader
12/15/21 3:11 p.m.
Pete. (l33t FS) said:
dean1484 said:

Depending on how small the rear seating area is, the CLS may be a coupe.

All i have been able to find is "less volume than a Civic".

Regardless of how small the rear seats are, if it has 4 doors, it's a sedan in my books. 

\rant

Adrian_Thompson (Forum Supporter)
Adrian_Thompson (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
12/15/21 3:25 p.m.

Doesn't look to be 'wagony' enough for me, but the real tell is it's towing capacity.  If it can't tow at least 3,300lb's, it's no use to me.  That doesn't mean I don't like it, I love it, especially in GTS trim, but I need my 'big car' to be able to tow.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
t6YiiL8wgxHEgYqXElhg1xtamtZVv1fL42eUOI9dvhLPDU711fecfO9QAl5nJB5O