RexSeven
RexSeven UberDork
8/23/15 6:09 p.m.

No, I didn't have my lip glued back together after a fight or anything. My Evo X's factory aero lip spoiler is a bit damaged, though. I don't know what happened to crack it and take a chunk of plastic out from the underside.

The undersides of the the lip on the left and right of the bumper cover are glued on (probably with something like 3M adhesive strips). Can I get the glue off somehow without damaging the paint too much? I realize the majority of the glue is under the car where it can't be seen, but I don't know if any creeped up to the sides where they are hidden by the side of the lip, and I don't want the glue to peel any paint off. I'd rather not have to repaint the entire bumper cover along with any replacement lip.

G_Body_Man
G_Body_Man Dork
8/23/15 6:11 p.m.

Use dental floss or fishing line.

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
8/23/15 7:43 p.m.

It's probably too strong for it, but WD40 as well as Citric Acid cleaner (usually called some sort of "orange" cleaner, it what that Goof Off stuff is) are pretty good a cleaning of adhesive.

Not saying use them together, but that they both seem to be good at it.

RealMiniParker
RealMiniParker UltraDork
8/24/15 7:58 a.m.

DON'T use Turtle Wax Bug, Tar & Adhesive Remover spray. That E36 M3 will berkeley up your paint. Don't ask me how I know.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
NY2bfMp4C0229avE1QLJkD0XnYKkjCnnlWjJNRoEtY80El139Jz7RtFXuE5Ercrc