MadScientistMatt
MadScientistMatt PowerDork
5/24/19 1:07 p.m.

The steering wheel in my '98 Regal is a bit beat up, and I have been considering either a good leather wrap or swapping it to a different GM wheel. It turns out the spline / mount setup on my car was used on a lot of GMs, from the '60s through the C5 Corvette. Unfortunately, the wheels I've found from these years were either no airbag, or a really big airbag, nothing like the small airbag wheel used on C6 Corvettes or Cobalts - and those used a different, metric spline.

Are there any good air bag wheels that would readily interchange, or adapters to swap the metric wheel onto an older column? I have seen some cases where a C6 Corvette wheel was swapped into an earlier Corvette, but they either involved welding two steering wheels together, or swapping the column.  I was hoping for something easier. Any good options out there?

Bonus points if there's an easy way to make the new wheel work with my wheel mounted stereo controls.

MadScientistMatt
MadScientistMatt PowerDork
5/28/19 1:04 p.m.

Hmmm.... this may work. Looks like he only swapped one portion of the column and kept the rest...

https://ls1tech.com/forums/appearance-detailing/1621047-write-up-c6-steering-wheel-f-body.html

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
WThLxdMmncja4bARXnAolj51ovFccBL2Jl0Td6VHWVuRPMIjOdMxcJNRHPXNZbuV